It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Juiced wrote:
"Juiced is a little hate-heavy there"

Sorry, but I'm still pumped up from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOPWOuXxOU

:alien: :alien: :shock: :drunken: :bom: :alien: :alien:

How can you not be!! That was a statement.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:53 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Juiced wrote:
"Juiced is a little hate-heavy there"

Sorry, but I'm still pumped up from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOPWOuXxOU

:alien: :alien: :shock: :drunken: :bom: :alien: :alien:

How can you not be!! That was a statement.

I want to post something in the Bulls Heat thread, but I'm in meatball mode and have nothing but Wooooohhooooo yeahhh boy. Bulls are fuking beast yeaaahhhhhh booooyyyyy take it to the house TAJ take it to the house wooooohoooooo!!!!! Yeah, think I will go to bed.

Before I go, Thibs is the fuking man. The Heat are outcoached and outmanned. Bulls in 5. Sweep the NBA Finals against Dallas.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
It is honestly not that difficult to paint one's own house. As long as you can cut in there is not reason one can not paint their own home.

Most people can't cut, thats why they should hire someone. Then they paint too fast with the roller and the paint flys all over the room, on the uncovered portion of carpet.

Hire someone people.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:54 am 

Mac wrote:
Steve's calls have a point.

Point being to state the most obvious thing that has already been discussed on the show. (i.e. The first place Cardinals who just acquired MVP candidate Matt Holliday, have a good shot at winning the division)

Also, Mac I dont think you understand how small the interest in Carm Jurko and harry is around here and really in general.

No one listens. Its not even good enough to flip to during commercials.

Carm is terrible, harry is terrible, and Jurko is stuck there.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac wrote:

Mackeyfish Translator wrote:
Steve's calls don't have to be screened and he kisses my ass.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mac wrote:

Stating the obvious is having a point?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:24 am 

Mac wrote:
One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips. I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry....

You spent a decade ignoring the guy. I've hated him pretty much since the first time you brought him on the show as a guest interview back in the HFC days. I'm sure you can understand my reluctance to listen to a less funny version of him.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Mac wrote:
One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips. I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry....

You spent a decade ignoring the guy. I'm sure you can understand my reluctance to listen to a less funny version of him.

Harry should have doubled down and went all Charlie Sheen on everyone. I would've tuned in for that.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 am 

Mac

The fact is that the few around here that I know listen to TAS, don't really post in either your section, their section, or at all during the day. In my opinion, and I'm restating one that has been made multiple times here, Harry sucks. He's got one of the most annoying voices in radio. I was an MJH listener from day 1, and that was because of you originally, and then, much like a fungus, Jurko's brand of whatever the hell it is he does really amuses me.

As a whole, I really haven't flipped on the Mickey Mouse Sports Talk Network since you got fired because I really don't like the sanitized, watered down, vanilla garbage that is on there. I think a guy like Silverman is having his talents wasted over there, but that's just my opinion.

As far as Elmhurst Steve goes, the reason he gets shit all over here is two-fold in my opinion. Part one is that whenever he shows up in the baseball section, he is either baiting the Sox fans on the board into the mindless, age old argument of Cubs vs Sox, or he is coming in on page 4 of a baseball discussion restating multiple opinions that have been made earlier in said thread, which he proceeds to call in to your show, Silverman's, or TAS (he hates B&B because they disrespected his established "Brand"). His opinions on race came out one day, and after he had been painted as the Grand Wizard of the KKK, he backed off and said some nonsense about a steak dinner. As a caller, hearing his name on the radio is on par with Tony from Matteson and Maddux Boy; cringe worthy, and time to go get something to drink.

It's fine that he's a good painter, but to be honest, I would never personally hire him after being shown his website. It had multiple spelling errors and a lot of poor grammar, which to me, speaks to the character of the business owner. But that's coming from someone in their 30's, who relies on technology to do my research.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
I'll leave it out of the Bulls-Heat thread and do it here. Whenever the mood strikes. I'll have to go through some of the stuff I've seen written in several sections to refresh my memory. One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips. I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry...another bash Elmhurst Steve pillow fight... and a ridiculously silly debate on race and the race card.

You left out the Meatpants bashing.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Harry's back? :P

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Mac

As far as Elmhurst Steve goes, the reason he gets shit all over here is two-fold in my opinion. Part one is that whenever he shows up in the baseball section, he is either baiting the Sox fans on the board into the mindless, age old argument of Cubs vs Sox, or he is coming in on page 4 of a baseball discussion restating multiple opinions that have been made earlier in said thread, which he proceeds to call in to your show, Silverman's, or TAS (he hates B&B because they disrespected his established "Brand"). His opinions on race came out one day, and after he had been painted as the Grand Wizard of the KKK, he backed off and said some nonsense about a steak dinner. As a caller, hearing his name on the radio is on par with Tony from Matteson and Maddux Boy; cringe worthy, and time to go get something to drink.

It's fine that he's a good painter, but to be honest, I would never personally hire him after being shown his website. It had multiple spelling errors and a lot of poor grammar, which to me, speaks to the character of the business owner. But that's coming from someone in their 30's, who relies on technology to do my research.

The fact that I did not set up the website and considered it a waste of time is the reason for the spelling errors. Had I set it up myself, I'm pretty sure the word estimate would have been spelled properly. But I had it set up at the behest of my wife. She is a business executive, who believed it was a good idea to establish the website. I do not visit it and remain convinced that it was a waste of time. The best advertising is word of mouth. My customers give my name to their friends, neighbors and relatives. They know the quality of my work before I ever go to their home for an estimate. That matters a lot more than a website.

As far as the quality of my calls ...I think Dan can judge that for himself. He's certainly heard plenty of them. I do believe that your personal thoughts/opinions concerning me, has a lot to do with your critique of my calls. I did bring a lot of the crap I get here upon myself. But that isn't something I didn't anticipate. I enjoy rattling your cage and getting under the skin of many others. It amuses me. But it has nothing to do with what I do on the radio with Dan or the Afternoon Saloon (who I listen to rather than B&B-because they suck) at all. This is a seperate entity and where the radio world is concerned...not very important.

Last edited by Elmhurst Steve on Mon May 16, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:13 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The fact that I did not set up the website and considered it a waste of time is the reason for the spelling errors. Had I set it up myself, I'm pretty sure the word estimate would have been spelled properly. But I had it set up at the behest of my wife. She is a business executive, who believed it was a good idea to establish the website. I do not visit it and remain convinced that it was a waste of time. The best advertizing is word of mouth. My customers give my name to their friends, neighbors and relatives. They know the quality of my work before I ever go to their home for an estimate. That matters a lot more than a website.

To a degree, I agree with this statement. It is fine that you get word of mouth. There are still going to be cold call type business that will come in, and at this point in time, people use the internet to research that. Seeing the info on the site, that will turn people off. Your wife is correct in making you set that website up. Just my opinion as a consumer.

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
As far as the quality of my calls ...I think Dan can judge that for himself. He's certainly heard plenty of them. I do believe that your personal thoughts/opinions concerning me, has a lot to do with your critique of my calls. I did bring a lot of the crap I get here upon myself. But that isn't something I didn't anticipate. I enjoy rattling your cage and getting under the skin of many others. It amuses me. But it has nothing to do with what I do on the radio with Dan or the Afternoon Saloon (who I listen to rather than B&B-because they suck) at all. This is a seperate entity and where the radio world is concerned...not very important.

Cool story bro

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The fact that I did not set up the website and considered it a waste of time is the reason for the spelling errors. Had I set it up myself, I'm pretty sure the word estimate would have been spelled properly. But I had it set up at the behest of my wife. She is a business executive, who believed it was a good idea to establish the website. I do not visit it and remain convinced that it was a waste of time. The best advertizing is word of mouth. My customers give my name to their friends, neighbors and relatives. They know the quality of my work before I ever go to their home for an estimate. That matters a lot more than a website.

This is an absurd point. You can't justify poor advertising by saying you have much better advertising somewhere else. Also you misspelled advertising.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
newper wrote:
Also you misspelled advertising.

:lol:
awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Elmhurst Steve School of Marketing - Where the internet is a waste of time.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:23 am 

newper wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

This is an absurd point. You can't justify poor advertising by saying you have much better advertising somewhere else. Also you misspelled advertising.

Don't worry. He'll be back to say he did it on purpose because he knew it would get under our skin.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This entire exercise is pointless. People on this board choose to listen to and discuss whatever they like. Mac is disappointed there wasn't more talk about Harry's return? Not enough "Mac was on in the afternoon" talk? Obviously those things weren't interesting enough to warrant substantial discussion. You think the board is dead right? Then why would you care what is being discussed here? People have tried the constructive criticism thing with Mac, Spiegs and others here before. Instead, they have chosen to listen more to the jerks on the board who just say dumb shit for attention. So we're all lumped together. Mac leaves for a while, comes back, asks opinions, gets upset, leaves again. Just stop...

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:44 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I listened to a few minutes of Harry's return around 2pm that day.

Talk of Harry's time off, bad joke about rehab, Carm qualifying that they aren't trying to make light of it, questions about whether Harry was able to watch the NCAA tourney, another question about did Harry watch....CLICK.

There. There's a review.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Here's the thing about your website, Steve. You need one in this day and age. Maybe you won't/don't use it a ton but millions of other people do use the web for research and such about painters, home repair men, etc etc.

People on this board pointed out the typos on your site MONTHS ago. Yet they are still there. Nothing on the site has been changed. To me, that is lazy and says that you don't care what is on your site. Which is very very poor on your end as a business manager. If you noticed that you had spelled a customer's business name wrong on an invoice, and he wanted you to correct the mistake, would you not do so on future invoices to him?

You rely on word of mouth. So lets say that Mac gives you a good reference. "Yeah, check this Steve guy out. He did great work for me. His website is 'x'." Now the guy that Mac talked to checks your site, and sees the typos and chooses not to use you. You not fixing your own goddam website is lazy, careless, and stupid on your part.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am 

Hey, I missed the last episode of Dancing with the Stars. I haven't seen a review of it on the board anywhere. Just the usual sports talking / name calling / host licking, crying circle jerk. The fuck is goin on here?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:04 am 

newper wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

If you were familiar with the business you would understand better. There was a time that I advertised in the yellow pages as well as in local newspaper publications. I got tons of calls, but most of those that called were getting estimates from 6 or more other painting contractors as well. The quality of the work done as well as the quality of the paint and other materials used were things unknown to the prospective client. Almost without exception therefore they were looking for the best price. My prices often were higher, but that was because the amount of prep work and the quality of materials to be used was going to be top-notch. When I do estimates off referrals from existing customers, the prospective customer already is familiar with the quality of work and materials used. They know that the VALUE is greater, so a slightly higher price than one they might get fom someone else is not an issue. In the end these are the kinds of jobs I look to contract. It means a more productive use of my time when estimating jobs. Rather than a waste of my time. The internet website in my opinion is very similar to advertising in the newspaper and yellow pages. The customer doesn't really know you or your work, therefore they are just going to be looking for the lowest price. Not interested.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Mac

The fact that I did not set up the website and considered it a waste of time is the reason for the spelling errors. Had I set it up myself, I'm pretty sure the word estimate would have been spelled properly. But I had it set up at the behest of my wife. She is a business executive, who believed it was a good idea to establish the website. I do not visit it and remain convinced that it was a waste of time. The best advertising is word of mouth. My customers give my name to their friends, neighbors and relatives. They know the quality of my work before I ever go to their home for an estimate. That matters a lot more than a website.

I want to PTFB on the ES drama......

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Here's the thing about your website, Steve. You need one in this day and age. Maybe you won't/don't use it a ton but millions of other people do use the web for research and such about painters, home repair men, etc etc.

People on this board pointed out the typos on your site MONTHS ago. Yet they are still there. Nothing on the site has been changed. To me, that is lazy and says that you don't care what is on your site. Which is very very poor on your end as a business manager. If you noticed that you had spelled a customer's business name wrong on an invoice, and he wanted you to correct the mistake, would you not do so on future invoices to him?

You rely on word of mouth. So lets say that Mac gives you a good reference. "Yeah, check this Steve guy out. He did great work for me. His website is 'x'." Now the guy that Mac talked to checks your site, and sees the typos and chooses not to use you. You not fixing your own goddam website is lazy, careless, and stupid on your part.

I would NEVER use a tradesman for any kind of work unless I was familiar with their work. I know a lot of other tradesmen and am fortunate to have guys I can call, knowing they do quality work. I would never have a carpenter come to my home because he has a nice website. I want to see examples of his work in person and get feedback from someone that has had him do work for them. If you don't know an electician, plumber, carpenter, carpet installer...etc, do you really go to the internet to find one?? I would never do that. I would talk to my relatives, friends and neighbors and look for someone who's work I might be able to see for myself.

I have not bothered to fix any typos not due to laziness as much as indifference. I consider the website unimportant.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:15 am 

Steve doesnt think he needs the website

Its his business. Let's move on...

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Steve proves once again he is not the brightest shade of paint on the pallet.

Its his business. Let's move on...

Fixed

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 am 

If you believe that, then you should take your website down altogether.

At its current level of quality, it only has potential to lose you business.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This thread proves (once again) that no issue is too off topic or irrelevant for us to banter about.....

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
This is going to be a huge disappointment to Mac.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next