It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
HOVA wrote:
I understand and agree with the point he was making. My only beef is that it was obvious he was trying to be a asshole about it. Rose has gotten better in front of the camera but he still doesn't look comfortable. Not a big deal to me.

I strongly disagree. Mac sounds like an NBA ignorant tmz watcher who doesnt possess tr perceptive skills required to spot good leadership. The idea that somehow you have to be good on tv to be a good on court leader is absurd. The fact he's trying to hint the bulls aren't happy with this just goes to show out of touch with the sport and team he is. Of course this is nothing new with Mac. His basketball thoughts have always more or less rivaled WWN in terms of quality and originality

Please give us all an original NBA thought :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Derrick rose is sometimes good at going to the basket

Heard it here first

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Derrick rose is sometimes good at going to the basket

Heard it here first

That's not only not original, :roll: it's not even sarcastic :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ty. Btw, there's noone better at attacking the basket in the league so keep proving my point for me

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ty. Btw, there's noone better at attacking the basket in the league so keep proving my point for me

Not Dwight or LeBron?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Not sure why, but Mac posted this in the Big Fan's Live Chat thread in which every post gets deleted, so I'm not sure if Mac made a mistake, but in case he doesn't come back to this dying board, I'll just cut and paste his thoughts here....

Mac wrote:
Oh, goodie. No way I can wait 'til Monday to have my opinion consumed. I am the attention whore. Brian's Mojito, if the columns are a waste of time, why are you wasting your time? And I have no fucking clue what you meant about Roger Clemens and the crucifixion. I suspect you don't, either.

Nothing I wrote about Rose the other day was a "cheap shot." And I'll stand by my thought on him being dull off the court. He is.

One last thing... fuck John Wall.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

The old thin skinned Mac is showing his colors. He's getting ripped in the comments on the Trib site and here and the fucking asshole thinks he's just so smart. If he thinks his stupid and I do mean stupid column will attract listeners to his dying show, well then he's using too many drugs and drinking way too much scotch again.

He should be embarrassed for the stupid column, but he's too stupid. Just a lightweight asshole is all he is. He is the problem with this show, just like he was the problem with the last show. His reputation in town is just a drug using drunk with anger management issues and an attention whore. Guess what, it's accurate. He's pathetic.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
spmack wrote:
Not sure why, but Mac posted this in the Big Fan's Live Chat thread in which every post gets deleted, so I'm not sure if Mac made a mistake, but in case he doesn't come back to this dying board, I'll just cut and paste his thoughts here....

Mac wrote:
Oh, goodie. No way I can wait 'til Monday to have my opinion consumed. I am the attention whore. Brian's Mojito, if the columns are a waste of time, why are you wasting your time? And I have no fucking clue what you meant about Roger Clemens and the crucifixion. I suspect you don't, either.

Nothing I wrote about Rose the other day was a "cheap shot." And I'll stand by my thought on him being dull off the court. He is.

One last thing... fuck John Wall.

See this is why I wasn't sure whether he was just trying to be an instigator or not. I think Mac is legitimately dumb enough to believe every word in that article.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I guess I need to get laid over the weekend -- again.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
leashyourkids wrote:
He found out the Bulls are still playing! He then went on to make stupid observations...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 337.column

Rose is MVP, but he sure is dull
James is the anti-hero, but at least he's entertaining

Dan McNeil

...[/i]

The comments are hilarious.

Mackey thinks he's the next Mariotti. At least Mariotti had a thought once in a while.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mackey thinks he's the next Mariotti. At least Mariotti had a thought once in a while.

Oh, the irony.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
He found out the Bulls are still playing! He then went on to make stupid observations...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 337.column

Rose is MVP, but he sure is dull
James is the anti-hero, but at least he's entertaining

Dan McNeil

...[/i]

The comments are hilarious.

51 comments and 51 thought his column was stupid, ignorant and badly written. I think they were being nice.

It was a Mac the Hack Attack.
I think he pays the Trib to publish his amateurish crap. Then again, they are obviously desperate.