PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
After reading that I would like Mac to change his license plates to OB1KNOB

Post subject: Re: What I've learned
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Buffone already has those plates.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Caligula's Stuffed Sausage
f) what about OB1thirdpersonB? kinda goofy, huh?

bigfan wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I can't think of a worse possible show than Mac and Hood.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Dats Eggsactly wrong!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Mac wrote:
Two weeks ago this morning, I woke up, for the first time in almost eight years, as an unemployed sports talk show host. Since, I have been clearing my head, reconnecting with friends and family, and planning my next project. I've learned a lot and am eager to learn more. Here are some of the highlights.

I've learned that listening to people can be very rewarding. Boers was right when he said "listening is a skill," but it's a discipline that is difficult for many of us. With no show to do and a comparatively easy daily schedule, I've taken time out to really listen to people. Have had several long talks with former co-workers, like Terry, Judd Sirott, Hoody, and Matt Spiegel, AKA Meatpants. When you focus and what people are saying and not allow yourself to become distracted by your deadlines or commitments, conversations can be very fulfilling. Had a nice, casual lunch with Joel Finfer the other day, that man whose seed spawned the Surgeon of Sound. You can do a lot of satisfying things with your time if you make it a goal.

It has been reassuring to learn there are some influential people who would like to have me on their roster. That's nice. I'm listening. I'm talking. I'm thinking. And I hope to reach a resolution on where it's all going by the end of February. Launching a new show on May 4, for me, doesn't mean slapping it together that day. It takes weeks of planning roles, contributors, producers, bits, production elements, etc. My website will be operational by April 1. More on that was we get closer. The next show, in whatever time slot it appears, will be something familiar, but something fresh and new. I've read probably every post about my next partners and I have and will continue to examine many of these ideas. It has been gratifying to hear from so many former co-workers, on the air and off of it, who are desirous of being a part of the next chapter. I also have learned I am content to take a break right now. Was offered a chance to go to Tampa this week and blog on an established website, but didn't feel the time was right. I also have taken a pass (for now) on going on Monsters In The Morning and Fox's Final Word. Jen Patterson is a bulldog of a producer, by the way. She e-mails me or calls me all the time about joining Mike and Dan. Others could learn from her. I will go on their show at some point. Just laying low for now.

A few radio nuggets I've learned. Do you know which radio daypart is getting the most ears right now? Mid-days. I was a bit wobbly after hearing that and another industry insider confirmed it for me. People are listening to the radio more at work (Internet) more than when they're in their cars. Podcasts and I-pods are keeping people off of terrestrial radio when they're commuting. Interesting. Many of us used to consider the mid-day shifts "the retirement shift." Seems now more than ever, it's not about WHEN you produce content and more about HOW you produce it. One industry insider told me the Internet likely will be in our vehicles by the end of the year. I'm embracing the new technology, like podcasts and webcasts. My next show will be more of a full-service show for all you youngsters who have changed the way Americans consume media. Like Tom Callahan said in Tommy Boy, "you're either growin' or you're dyin'." I'm choosing the former.

I learned this awhile ago, but I've been reminded of it over the past two weeks. It's good to work to live and not live to work. I often lose sight of that. My psychologist, Dr. Larry, recommended a book a few years ago. "Drama Of The Gifted Child," by Dr. Alice Miller. It was published in '79, but still applied and it was an easy read. And it pinned my ears back. Seems I was guilty of confusing admiration for love for many years. They aren't the same. My son, Patrick, reminds me of this (unknowingly) every time he's around. Patrick is 15 and has autism. He's only somewhat verbal, but functions well and has problem solving intelligence. He loves to swim and when we were at the club last Saturday, 10 feet under water, fingers interlocked with each other's, making silly faces at each other, the ways of the wicked world were a million millions away. I was reminded of how being a father to this little man with special needs is the most important job I ever will have. My time away from the big city will give me a great opportunity to focus on that job. I also have learned my wife, Sheri, is as strong as I thought she would be during the first potentially unnerving career challenge I've faced since we've been together. I've learned I am lucky.

Danny, you have always kept it real....
It still is irritating that the combination with Jurko and Harry was nuked.....
Life goes on....look at the bright side....You are one of 8 people in town watching North and Jiggs in the morning....Blagojevich should be guesting soon.....
THE HAWKS ARE GETTING MIGHTY INTERESTING.....and we just had overrated National Signing Day where Notre Dame just inked the Lawrence Taylor of Honolulu!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:01 pm 

As the one and only member of the Meatpants ALS, I am glad to see he is in the mix.

I would love to hear Meatpants and Hood together as well. 1 ton of baseball knowledge comming at you on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Evidently you haven't checked out Hampton and Holmes or the Afternoon saloon. :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
bigfan wrote:

I don't think Mac likes Star Wars very much. I'd like to have those plates, but I'm sure there's another SW geek that has 'em. :geek:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm 

Thanks for the post...there are no better moments than "Dad Moments". We tend to not take the time to create them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Mac wrote:
Have had several long talks with former co-workers, like Terry, Judd Sirott, Hoody, and Matt Spiegel, AKA Meatpants.

One of my inside sources tells me that there is a good chance of this show coming to the Score in May.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm 

Ivan = Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
Ivan = Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Girl in audience: Negrodamus, what will become of Star Jones?
Negrodamus: Star Jones will have two jobs.....She will continue her job on The View, and then, she will take off her wig.....and do the weather.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way