It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6/15 Hit and Run
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Rozner is Mac's replacement.

This was Ivan's big news, or at least that's what Kamps texted me last night.

Anywhoo...expect baseball talk.

Florio on today

Probably a Stanley Cup Game 7 preview

I hope they take advantage of the new show and don't just recycle garbage like the last regime.

Long live Hit and Run!

Post subject: Re: 6/15 Hit and Run
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
More Parody Songs!

More Hockey Talk!

More Baseball Talk!

At least 5 calls from Elmhurst Steve and 14 texts from Peoria Matt, Johnny254, etc...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 am 

WYC Doug, Elmhurst Steve is the new Hit & Run Baseball Insider.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Rozner is Mac's replacement.

This was Ivan's big news, or at least that's what Kamps texted me last night.

Anywhoo...expect baseball talk.

Florio on today

Probably a Stanley Cup Game 7 preview

I hope they take advantage of the new show and don't just recycle garbage like the last regime.

Long live Hit and Run!

+1,000
Excellent show preview. Redskin, you need to be taking notes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Has anyone actually tried Home Run Inn on the grill? Sounds like it would be messy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am 

#1: I don't really like Home Run Inn pizza

#2: Grilling a frozen pizza sounds like more effort and mess than it's worth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
sjboyd0137 wrote:
#1: I don't really like Home Run Inn pizza

#2: Grilling a frozen pizza sounds like more effort and mess than it's worth.

I wonder what the BBQ Man thinks. I'm sure he would talk TODAY about it -- don't know about tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am 

Not sure if the Mac show has ever done 2 straight weeks of work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Is this really happening today? yikes...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I heard Meat mention Mac working on a sheep farm and one of his co-workers getting confused about whether he was nailing the farmer's daughter and worming the sheep or vice versa.

I'm really hesitant to post this because I'm sure everyone will think it's just a stupid joke or utter buullshit but I swear, as ridiculous as it is, it's the absolute truth.

When I was a young teenager I worked a couple summers on a pig farm in Westlake, LA. Two of the guys I worked with were Indian Jerry and Old Bill. Indian Jerry was probably in his 30s but he seemed pretty old to me at the time and Old Bill was an ancient black dude who claimed his father had been a slave. Bill had to be in his 70s in 1978, so if you do the math I guess it's possible his dad was a baby in the 1860s.

Those two guys took me under their wings and taught me a lot about the ways of the world. Jerry always drove an old pick-up truck even though he couldn't get a license due to so many DUIs- which had to be quite a trick in the mid-70s. He taught me how to drive and even let me drive him and Bill around a lot of times. They were always threatening to take me to a whorehouse. Thankfully it never happened, since I'm sure I wouldn't have had any clue what to do.

So anyway, one day Old Bill told me that when there were times in his life when he didn't have a woman he would sometimes fuck animals. He looked at me real seriously and said, "But you know, Kid, when dat sow drop dem babies, I always check real close to see if any a dem looks like me."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
schmitty1121 wrote:
Not sure if the Mac show has ever done 2 straight weeks of work.

Didn't they get the Iron Man streak to 25 once?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 am 

:lol: JORR stories are the best even if in this case he probably was embellishing that it was a "friend" who did it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I heard Meat mention Mac working on a sheep farm and one of his co-workers getting confused about whether he was nailing the farmer's daughter and worming the sheep or vice versa.

I'm really hesitant to post this because I'm sure everyone will think it's just a stupid joke or utter buullshit but I swear, as ridiculous as it is, it's the absolute truth.

When I was a young teenager I worked a couple summers on a pig farm in Westlake, LA. Two of the guys I worked with were Indian Jerry and Old Bill. Indian Jerry was probably in his 30s but he seemed pretty old to me at the time and Old Bill was an ancient black dude who claimed his father had been a slave. Bill had to be in his 70s in 1978, so if you do the math I guess it's possible his dad was a baby in the 1860s.

Those two guys took me under their wings and taught me a lot about the ways of the world. Jerry always drove an old pick-up truck even though he couldn't get a license due to so many DUIs- which had to be quite a trick in the mid-70s. He taught me how to drive and even let me drive him and Bill around a lot of times. They were always threatening to take me to a whorehouse. Thankfully it never happened, since I'm sure I wouldn't have had any clue what to do.

So anyway, one day Old Bill told me that when there were times in his life when he didn't have a woman he would sometimes fuck animals. He looked at me real seriously and said, "But you know, Kid, when dat sow drop dem babies, I always check real close to see if any a dem looks like me."

Shouldn't surprise me that you made the old brother be the animal fucking dumbass.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am 
Site Admin

spmack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Shouldn't surprise me that you made the old brother be the animal fucking dumbass.

Would it have read better if it had been the Indian?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Seriously, I take umbrage at spmack calling Bill a "dumbass brother". He might not have had much formal schooling but he could feed himself without visiting Jewel or Dominick's and he could build himself a house without calling a six different sub-contractors. I consider him a mentor.

But I understand spmack is an elitist from Oak Park, so I'm not surprised he would bag on my guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Did they let you pet the rabbits?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Every summer of junior high Joe Orr Road Rod's parents would drop him off in a William Faulkner novel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Telegram Sam wrote:
Every summer of junior high Joe Orr Road Rod's parents would drop him off in a William Faulkner novel.

Not every summer. Just 1978 and 1979.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Telegram Sam wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seriously, I take umbrage at spmack calling Bill a "dumbass brother". He might not have had much formal schooling but he could feed himself without visiting Jewel or Dominick's and he could build himself a house without calling a six different sub-contractors. I consider him a mentor.

But I understand spmack is an elitist from Oak Park, so I'm not surprised he would bag on my guy.

:lol: I'm probably the least elite of all of the posters here....I still enjoy a $5 large from Little Caesers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
spmack wrote:
:lol: I'm probably the least elite of all of the posters here....I still enjoy a $5 large from Little Caesers.

Do you ever try the pizza though?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

spmack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

But do you toss the empty boxes out in the hallway?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I think you can recycle the boxes. After all, trees make the paper for more than just the "World's Greatest Newspaper"...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm 

Darkside and JORR, :lol: :thumleft:

And SHARK, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 pm 

Well, that's what I do with pizza boxes...There is still such a thing as blue bags, especially in my neighborhood without the blue containers from the city...yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:59 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I think you can recycle the boxes. After all, trees make the paper for more than just the "World's Greatest Newspaper"...

The Weekly World News?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

The Weekly World News?

:lol: :lol: :lol: The paper that Mac wrote a column for once a week, and the one that also has fellow SCORE teammate Steve "Death is not an option" Rosenbloom...You know, the Trib!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:03 pm 

SHARK wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

The Weekly World News?

:lol: :lol: :lol: The paper that Mac wrote a column for once a week, and the one that also has fellow SCORE teammate Steve "Death is not an option" Rosenbloom...You know, the Trib!

IMO, the Trib sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:05 pm 

You can say the same about newspapers in general. Everything's now digital in this "I want it NOW!" society we live in...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

SHARK wrote:
You can say the same about newspapers in general. Everything's now digital in this "I want it NOW!" society we live in...

But it's often wrong. Like reports of the 25-20 buried children in Liberty, Texas.