It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: From Feder:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, but I'd be nervous to do that "n-word" joke about my boss. I know it was a roast. Still, you never know how he might take it. Better to be safe. Look, he eventually cut the pay of "fill-in" hosts. Was it related to the joke? You never know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Jason bustin' on Oh's Cereal...Kamps is gonna be pissed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Jason bustin' on Oh's Cereal...Kamps is gonna be pissed.

He was bustin on Crackin Oat Bran, which is shaped like the letter O....not Oh's....totally different. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
He said "Oh's" at the beginning though...then they moved on to Cracklin' Oat Bran and Muselix.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hey Big Fan, you said you were gonna start a new thread on this yesterday. Thought you were saying you had more info. What else you got? Let's beat the living hell out of this dead horse like only we can.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I used to like Cracklin' Oat Bran as a kid, but not so much now .... how messed up is that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Not weird at all.

Cracklin' Oat Bran was my favourite cereal as a yute.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I would say that the Score is poorly run and does not maximize revenues or it's name at all. I blame the upper management for that.

Just a fine example is the person who decided to merge all the websites into one CBS website, thus making the website shit.

Mac and Spiegs should not have a FACEBOOK page, they should have a CBS page! That they put up pictures, quotes, comments. Thus driving traffic to the company they work for?

Here is this guy Zimmerman sitting in his corner office, trying to figure out ways to save money and instead missing ways to make money and I just gave him one.

Here is another THE SCORES SUMMER TAILGATE at US Cell! Sponsor the shit out of it, make some money!

Hold some other events. They don't all need to be for charity, maybe another Bowl a rama.

Yes, a big part of that is your EMPLOYEES taking part in such events.

As Mitch was at ESPN when the MJH tailgate took place and EVERYONE from the station was there, I am sure he knows the value of it.

20 year anniversary gig coming up, don't fuck it up Rod. and Don't do anything like that 10 year suckfest!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I don't know if this means anything, but I only caught the last segment and transtion, but when I started Spiegel kept saying we alot, and then in transition, brought up Mac's name, maybe nothing.

The question I have on the contracts, are Mac and Spiegel's diffrent, just from this, since Spiegel is on the air still, does his contract have where they can put him any shift and Mac would have 1 for a certain shift. I could see why that's the reason Spiegel must have got an extension so far and Mac hasn't. Spiegel for any slot, and Mac for the Mid-day shift maybe with another co-host.

On the 20 year anniversary, if they do that Jan 2, than that would already be messed up I would think, everybody will be off that day, since the 1st is on Sunday, and the New year's Day bowl games and the Winter Classic will be played that day. I hope they make it Jan 3.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
http://timeoutchicago.com/arts-culture/chicago-media-blog/14811517/contract-talks-in-overtime-as-danny-mac-ponders-the-score

"While negotiations are under way on a renewal, there’s no word on how close both sides are to reaching an agreement. Rod Zimmerman, senior vice president and market manager of CBS Radio Chicago, has been playing hardball in contract talks with other key on-air employees, according to industry sources."

Don't mean to step on your toes, SHARK.

Haven't read the responses yet to this, but why shouldn't he play hardball with Danny Mac? Where is he going to go if he can't work out a deal with the station?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
This Score operation is far more sinister and evil than any of us imagined. Be careful Ivan and Big Fan. Be careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMmE8RLieiA

LOL, they wish they could be sinister.

Zimmerman is looking at his bottom line. It's easy to be corp manager and present a plan to your superiors of how you are cutting costs to create more profit. Takes a businessman to have the mindset of how you will raise revenue without cutting your workforces benefits or salaries.

Didn't Jason recently bitch on the air about getting less money for "fill in "gigs?

Yes. I started the thread in the others section. Simply put, Jason was ticked off about the new part-time pay scale in relation to on-air shifts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:47 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
WSCR & WMVP are tied at #20 in the most recent radio ratings, both with a 1.9. The Scores overall May ratings were down big while WMVP maintained.
I wish that Mitch had the balls to shake up the entire WSCR lineup, because it is sorely needed. The Score is stale.

Overall ratings are not the main focus. Ratings in the demographic are. The demographic is something like Men 25-49 or whatever...SCR is #2 in the demo for the 9-1 time slot. WDRV is #1. Try again.

There needs to be a pop up window after you hit submit on any post that explains how radio ratings work, that you have to click through before you can post, because no matter how many fucking times you try to explain this to cretins like Scorehead, they can never get it through their thick fucking skulls.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Warthog wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
WSCR & WMVP are tied at #20 in the most recent radio ratings, both with a 1.9. The Scores overall May ratings were down big while WMVP maintained.
I wish that Mitch had the balls to shake up the entire WSCR lineup, because it is sorely needed. The Score is stale.

Overall ratings are not the main focus. Ratings in the demographic are. The demographic is something like Men 25-49 or whatever...SCR is #2 in the demo for the 9-1 time slot. WDRV is #1. Try again.

There needs to be a pop up window after you hit submit on any post that explains how radio ratings work, that you have to click through before you can post, because no matter how many fucking times you try to explain this to cretins like Scorehead, they can never get it through their thick fucking skulls.

49 posts in 5 years? That's 10 per year, nice.
When you post, does a little pop up window appear that says "Error. You're a dumbass"?

The most important radio demos are persons age 25-54, men age 25-54, & Women age 25-54.

Here is how the Persons 25-54 rankings looked for the May 2011 ratings period:

Monday-Sunday 6:00am-Midnight:
1 WVAZ-FM
2t WTMX-FM
2t WDRV-FM
4t WKSC-FM
4t WOJO-FM
4t WLUP-FM
7t WLS-FM
7t WXRT-FM
9t WBBM-AM
9t WBBM-FM

Here are the rankings of the top radio stations for Men 25-54 for May:

1. WDRV-FM
2t. WOJO-FM
2t. WLUP-FM
4. WMVP-AM
5. WSCR-FM
6. WBBM-AM
7. WXRT-FM
8. WVAZ-FM
9. WLEY-FM
10. WLS-FM

Here are the rankings of the top radio stations for Women 25-54 for May:

1 WTMX-FM
2 WVAZ-FM
3 WKSC-FM
4 WGCI-FM
5 WLIT-FM
6 WILV-FM
7t WBBM-FM
7t WUSN-FM
9 WLS-FM
10 WCFS-FM

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 am 

Making fun of someone for a low post count

Thats innovative.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:37 am 

Scorehead wrote:
When you post, does a little pop up window appear that says "Error. Your a dumbass"?

This is pretty special right here. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
When you post, does a little pop up window appear that says "Error. Your a dumbass"?

Scorehead, I like you... but when calling someone a dumbass, it's better to use proper grammar.

BernSTINE wrote:
What about my dumbass?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:12 am 

Scorehead wrote:
49 posts in 5 years? That's 10 per year, nice.

So what? You provide ongoing proof that a high post count is no indication of high quality posting.

Scorehead wrote:

In the English speaking part of the world, that would be "you're a dumbass." And you are.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Bucky Chris wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Scorehead, I like you... but when calling someone a dumbass, it's better to use proper grammar.

BernSTINE wrote:
What about my dumbass?

Good catch. It just goes to show that drinking & posting can be very dangerous.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan