It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:13 pm 

I love Col. Jessup. I was enormously entertained by the post Beardown shared (from a recent Score "employee") in the Boers & Bernstein section. Very entertaining. All of it.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of what's happening:

1. I've agreed to a long-term deal. To do middays. To do them with Spiegel.

2. In that deal...I managed to get a few weeks off this summer and will be gone Monday, July 4, and returning Monday, July 25. Good kids time. Good wife time. Good chance to catch up on some stuff I never make time for. I haven't been suspended and I'm not wrestling with CBS over anything. The deal is done.

3. I do have some say on producers on MY show. I always have...always will. Why wouldn't I? BTW... love the guys I've got.

4. The Score's ratings in ALL THREE major day-parts have never been stronger. Ever. I've been reading a lot of critiques here - on all the shows - and while I don't dismiss some of the points, the fact is indisputable: the Score's ratings have never been better over a long stretch.

5. I'll entertain many of your questions and complaints in an "Ask Mac" thread in the next few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm 

Since it seems like the show is here to stay, I will say that pretty much all the parody songs have become PTFB radio and come back once B&B are on. I could see them having their place as they did on MJH but I just don't think they work. Not good good. Not good bad. Not bad good. Just kind of bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm 

That is fantastic news. Congrats Macky-fish!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Great news, Mac.

Sorry UMN and Beardown. Cue the sad trombone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let me make this clear. I didn't make that post. It was in the "management" section and then got deleted by Big Fan who says it was an accident. I thought it was weird that it was gone shortly after I reposted it in B&B. Believe me or don't, that's the truth. I'm also not anti Mac. I don't hear him now but I did listen to the MJH show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Beardown wrote:
Believe me or don't, that's the truth. I'm also not anti Mac. I don't hear him now but I did listen to the MJH show.

I don't hear him now either, but I do listen to his show in the morning. :P

Congrats on the new deal Mac. Awfly good to have that vacation time with bascially nothing going on but bad baseball and possibly no football (sans Arena League).

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Yeah man. Those parody songs were great when someone sounded terrible doing them, like you. Or Jurk. Or, god help me... Harry. The ones with Matt are just bad because you're missing what made them good... being bad.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:38 pm 

Best parody song ever was DEP's "Favorite Man Things", IMO. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Congrats on the new deal. I will be listening only when Meat is not co hosting. Hopefully he continues to take 4-5 months of vacation per year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Duncan Keith parody song was decent. The other ones are not needed and not entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Duncan Keith parody song was decent. The other ones are not needed and not entertaining.

That too...hopefully management put a no bad parody songs clause in contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. Do you think that poster who claimed to be a former employee was legit? If so, is it the guy that Tall Midget suggested?

2. Were any of the claims in his post true? Were the major lineup changes that he suggested ever discussed and/or seriously considered?

3. Is it true that Bernstein might do a national radio show? If that happened, would you then do afternoons with Boers?

4. Is what was posted by the, alleged, former Score "employee" hinging on what Bernstein might do? If he leaves might what he suggested actually happen? Or was it all BS and doesn't hinge on anything?

5. Was Krazy Ivan's info that Goff was in secret discussions to join your show true? If so, why did that not happen?

6. How long is the deal? Did Spiegel get the exact same years?

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Christ, why not ask the obvious questions? You people never have the desire to ask anything interesting.

1. Do you think it was a former employee who posted that? Is it the guy that Tall Midget suggested?

2. Were any of the claims in his post true? Were the major lineup changes that he suggested ever discussed and/or seriously considered?

3. Is it true that Bernstein might do a national radio show? If that happened, would you then do afternoons with Boers?

4. Is what was posted by the, alleged, former Score "employee" hinging on what Bernstein might do? If he leaves might what he suggested actually happen? Or was it all BS and doesn't hinge on anything?

Sorry I was busy cutting the grass and having a life, I didnt have a chance to read the five pages of that thread. Ill try and get around to it before I fall asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Of course none of it matters. Of course it's all bullshit. Why are you here posting here? Shouldn't all of you be saving the world?

I see hundreds of bullshit topics in some of these threads. None of it interests me. But I guess I'm missing the important stuff. I guess all the stuff you guys type is the stuff that matters. Lighten up. I'm messing around more than any of you think most of the time. It often amazes me how some of you can't pick it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:13 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Of course none of it matters. Of course it's all bullshit. Why are you here posting here? Shouldn't all of you be saving the world?

I see hundreds of bullshit topics in some of these threads. None of it interests me. But I guess I'm missing the important stuff. I guess all the stuff you guys type is the stuff that matters. Lighten up. I'm messing around more than any of you think most of the time. It often amazes me how some of you can't pick it up.

Why didn't you say that before hand? I would have been able to skip your 16k posts about how the score is evil. Now you tell me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Crystal Lake Huffy wrote:
The questions are not obvious because no one cares about sports radio the way you do. You are disgustingly obsessed. Do you remember your postings about Abbatacola's kid? This isnt National Enquirer. Its a bunch of sports talk shows that you have no emotional or monetary investment in. Why do you care about the lineup or Matt's personal life? None of that matters. If it is about Mac's or Terry's or Dan's stance on sports-related thoughts, its totally fair game. But the rest of this is a waste of everyone's time.

Speak for yourself. If its a waste of your time, I believe there is an ignore feature on this site that you can enable. I see nothing wrong with him posting what he did and asking questions about it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
badrogue17 wrote:
Crystal Lake Huffy wrote:
The questions are not obvious because no one cares about sports radio the way you do. You are disgustingly obsessed. Do you remember your postings about Abbatacola's kid? This isnt National Enquirer. Its a bunch of sports talk shows that you have no emotional or monetary investment in. Why do you care about the lineup or Matt's personal life? None of that matters. If it is about Mac's or Terry's or Dan's stance on sports-related thoughts, its totally fair game. But the rest of this is a waste of everyone's time.

Speak for yourself. If its a waste of your time, I believe there is an ignore feature on this site that you can enable. I see nothing wrong with him posting what he did and asking questions about it.

Beardown has been persecuted by the puds on here for a good long time. He has the 'testicular fortitude' to keep on keepin' on. Good for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Beardown has been persecuted by the puds on here for a good long time. He has the 'testicular fortitude' to keep on keepin' on. Good for him.

Agree 100%.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 pm 

The bigger picture here people...

Beardown is getting all the responses in a Mac created thread where he tells of the new deal. There was once a time when a Mac created thread would get 10 pages of responses in no time at all.....and now this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Beardown wrote:
Lighten up. I'm messing around more than any of you think most of the time. It often amazes me how some of you can't pick it up.

Spoken like someone who was just caught in a false "scoop".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. Let's keep this to the super star Mac and his offer to answer questions. Not a nobody like me. We've had enough important "Fuck you Beardown" or the classy "I hope you die Beardown" threads started in other sections. Those are healthy things to post by all of you well-adjusted, stable people. Make a new one in the general section if you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The bigger picture here people...

Beardown is getting all the responses in a Mac created thread where he tells of the new deal. There was once a time when a Mac created thread would get 10 pages of responses in no time at all.....and now this.

Wasnt there also a time when Mac commanded 600k plus a year? things change my friend. I dont have a personal axe to grind with Mac by any means but myself along with many others Im guessing could give 2 shits if he posts here or not. He climbs the stairs from mom's basement one at a time just like the rest of us.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Beardown wrote:
Yeah. Let's keep this to the super star Mac and his offer to answer questions. Not a nobody like me. We've had enough important "Fuck you Beardown" or the classy "I hope you die Beardown" threads started in other sections. Those are healthy things to post by all of you well-adjusted, stable people. Make a new one in the general section if you want.

Beardown, my only hope for you is, you've gotten some recently without having to pay for it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mac wrote:
I love Col. Jessup. I was enormously entertained by the post Beardown shared (from a recent Score "employee") in the Boers & Bernstein section. Very entertaining. All of it.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of what's happening:

1. I've agreed to a long-term deal. To do middays. To do them with Spiegel.

2. In that deal...I managed to get a few weeks off this summer and will be gone Monday, July 4, and returning Monday, July 25. Good kids time. Good wife time. Good chance to catch up on some stuff I never make time for. I haven't been suspended and I'm not wrestling with CBS over anything. The deal is done.

3. I do have some say on producers on MY show. I always have...always will. Why wouldn't I? BTW... love the guys I've got.

4. The Score's ratings in ALL THREE major day-parts have never been stronger. Ever. I've been reading a lot of critiques here - on all the shows - and while I don't dismiss some of the points, the fact is indisputable: the Score's ratings have never been better over a long stretch.

5. I'll entertain many of your questions and complaints in an "Ask Mac" thread in the next few days.

Can we name the segment, Live from Mac's garage!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
badrogue17 wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

Agree 100%.

Me too. And really, so do most people posting and reading here. That's why the thread has over three times as many views as any other started today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Me too. And really, so do most people posting and reading here. That's why the thread has over three times as many views as any other started today.

Bullshit. Total fat troll. And hairy.

I'll admit he does have a lot of hair for a 50 year old dude, but I wouldn't call Mac fat anymore. He's down to size 36 jeans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Congrats, Mac. This is good news for sports radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
A thought I have long had after reading Beardown and listening to WSCR:

Beardown=Jason Goff

Sorry to trod on your territory KS.

Any thoughts on that Mac?