It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mike North
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Spanky is very close to my "fuck off forever" list. Only one person is in that elite club so far.

So, how bout that Miami NFL team eh?

who is this mystery person on your /ignore list? I'm sure it's common knowledge, but I still don't read the board quite enough to be on the inside of all of the in-jokes (MISS A LITTLE, MISS A LOT) so I figured I'd do my due diligence and ask.

Hey OKC, are you going to Darko's annual summer bash? IIRC I was invited, so if I end up over there properly doing an impression of the 'liks, you'll be there so we could have a little informal cipher to the beat of "only when i'm drunk" riiiight?

Believe it or not, even tho I think you've heard like ~2-3 of my songs, I'm actually quite capable of having my moments of freestyle glory. At the risk of sounding incredibly cliche, when I lose myself in the music the moment I own it and don't ever let it go like it's my one shot and opportunity only comes once in a lifetime, you know? =D

Last edited by sinicalypse on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Keeping Score wrote:
Whoever's on you list, is on my list. Well except for Spaulding, spmack, Darkside, and almost everybody else.

I have no problems with any of those three people.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
spanky wrote:
You people are ruining blackcastle's thread. It's like Drinky Thread II all of a sudden.

You're ThisClose with Kid, buddy.

Eh.....it happens.

Hey - how long has blackcastle had an avatar? And why is it a pic of a dolphin tattoo?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
spanky wrote:
You people are ruining blackcastle's thread. It's like Drinky Thread II all of a sudden.

In that case.......finishing up some left over Sierra Nevada Pale Ales.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
spanky wrote:

In that case.......finishing up some left over Sierra Nevada Pale Ales.

Three Floyd's Pride & Joy. 8)

spanky wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
spanky wrote:

You're ThisClose with Kid, buddy.

Eh.....it happens.

Hey - how long has blackcastle had an avatar? And why is it a pic of a dolphin tattoo?

That isn't just any dolphin tatt...the dolphin looks to be ripping one off while sitting in a Lazy Boy.

sinicalypse wrote:
Spanky is very close to my "fuck off forever" list. Only one person is in that elite club so far.

So, how bout that Miami NFL team eh?

who is this mystery person on your /ignore list? I'm sure it's common knowledge, but I still don't read the board quite enough to be on the inside of all of the in-jokes (MISS A LITTLE, MISS A LOT) so I figured I'd do my due diligence and ask.

Hey OKC, are you going to Darko's annual summer bash? IIRC I was invited, so if I end up over there properly doing an impression of the 'liks, you'll be there so we could have a little informal cipher to the beat of "only when i'm drunk" riiiight?

Believe it or not, even tho I think you've heard like ~2-3 of my songs, I'm actually quite capable of having my moments of freestyle glory. At the risk of sounding incredibly cliche, when I lose myself in the music the moment I own it and don't ever let it go like it's my one shot and opportunity only comes once in a lifetime, you know? =D

It's good dolphin. He's not on my ignore list, I just don't like him because he's an asshole cheapshot artist who likes to take peoples' real life struggles and turn them into message board comedy. Fuck him and anybody else who does that.

Yeah, I plan on being there. I'm cool with a cipher....I'm always ready to flow man. Always ready.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I'm cool with a cipher....I'm always ready to flow man. Always ready.

You know, that means different things to different people Kid.

A cipher in hip hop parlance is just a group of guys taking turns rapping.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:11 pm 

Yeah, I plan on being there. I'm cool with a cipher....I'm always ready to flow man. Always ready.

pudrow through the mirror, mang. as one could likely approximate given my posting style here, I've got some skill... I've been around doing this for a long long time (I think my account is 2 days older than camps' so I AM LEGEND HEAR ME ROAR!!!!) and like, quite honestly a whole heaping helping of low-self-esteem hooey has helped cripple me in regards to plotting out actual songs... shit actually, i probably couldn't write a good quality rap song to save my life.

When I sit down with pad and paper my mind immediately goes blank and I don't know how to write things that will translate into quality raps. More than likely I'm just perpetually lazy and thusly haven't put in the effort to spearhead an investigation of writing techniques that would work for me when i am to regurgitate thoughts and observations in such a way that they escape my mouth wrapped in euphony. To me, it's plain as day that I'm obviously forcing it and trying to append my "style" to fit that of the song, and then if I focus on staying on-beat, man, it sounds like i'm soullessly reciting words written down on paper/notepad.exe, which i am.

but if there's someone else who can flow and i get the ol competitive juices flowing (cuz let's face it, all rapping is fundamentally inherent to the perpetual juxtaposition of the self and the world) and i can get my head out of my ass and stop overthinking, i am actually pretty good at this sort of thing.

END OF LINE.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

pudrow through the mirror, mang. as one could likely approximate given my posting style here, I've got some skill... I've been around doing this for a long long time (I think my account is 2 days older than camps' so I AM LEGEND HEAR ME ROAR!!!!) and like, quite honestly a whole heaping helping of low-self-esteem hooey has helped cripple me in regards to plotting out actual songs... shit actually, i probably couldn't write a good quality rap song to save my life.

When I sit down with pad and paper my mind immediately goes blank and I don't know how to write things that will translate into quality raps. More than likely I'm just perpetually lazy and thusly haven't put in the effort to spearhead an investigation of writing techniques that would work for me when i am to regurgitate thoughts and observations in such a way that they escape my mouth wrapped in euphony. To me, it's plain as day that I'm obviously forcing it and trying to append my "style" to fit that of the song, and then if I focus on staying on-beat, man, it sounds like i'm soullessly reciting words written down on paper/notepad.exe, which i am.

but if there's someone else who can flow and i get the ol competitive juices flowing (cuz let's face it, all rapping is fundamentally inherent to the perpetual juxtaposition of the self and the world) and i can get my head out of my ass and stop overthinking, i am actually pretty good at this sort of thing.

END OF LINE.

I would like to collaborate in some shape or form. I heard your tracks. You have good wordplay. You're probably a good battle rapper. I'm not. I'm mostly a writer. In ciphers, I spit memorized shit. You probably don't have to do that. But there's a way to harness all those creative thoughts together and spew them onto a paper. But you're right, it does take motivation. You can't just "make" yourself write. Everytime I do that, it never works.

But yeah, if I see you at the Darkside bash, we'll definitely talk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Keeping Score wrote:
I'm cool with a cipher....I'm always ready to flow man. Always ready.

You know, that means different things to different people Kid.

A cipher in hip hop parlance is just a group of guys taking turns rapping.

Even I knew this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Keeping Score wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

END OF LINE.

Have you contacted spmack's guy, DeeJayRyz?

:lol: :lol:

I still contend that he was not that bad, he just shouldn't have spammed the board with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:18 pm 

oh yeah, and isn't the legend that our "eight figga nigga named jigga" is reknown to sit down in the studio sans pen and paper, zone out for a half hour, then step into the booth and knock out a verse/chorus/verse in a handful of takes.

The legend says that when he and foxy brown were doing that "ain't no nigga like the one i love" song off'a reasonable doubt he showed up @ the studio with a verse written, but he heard foxy brown (or was it lil kim? i wanna say foxy) had come with it so he's like "oh hell naw fuck all y'all watch this" and he just went OFF on his second verse in that song.

incidentally, there's a DVD that's part of some "classic album" lines that's all about reasonable doubt. jigga (aka ye olde jeezy) and memphis bleek and some of the other dudes who collab'd on the album all sat down and talked about what they did to get that album done (short of a potential blood sacrifice of big L to show the powers that be that our boy Hova (hold the nas) was in it to win it) and man, that shit is so fascinating.

The one thing that stood out to me was how J-Z was a shorty and rappin so much he used to grab old grocery bags and write down lyrics whenever he left the house. Then as time wore on he started running out of space on the paper bags (cuz his method was to go with 2 lines, then 4 lines, then 8 lines, then 16 lines, then ~32 bars with a hook) and eventually he was tearing through so much paper he's like "fuck this, i'mma memorize that shit" and then it stuck and suffice to say it worked out fine for mister "can i get a..." in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 pm 

KS...no.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 pm 

hey OKC, here's the only track I ever did that's worth a damn.... http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/fakeasswigg ... boyant.mp3

i have a long way to go before i could ever "collab" and be decent... but hey, i dunno if you'll ever believe me, but like, I contend that deep down I have the raw power to be the greatest white rapper in the history of rap... the problem is that I don't have the social skills (ironically enough) to not get all nervous and choke on a heaping helping of my own cerebral bullshit. Aceyalone has an excellent song called (sp)Ace Cowboy that aptly describes my situation... did i ever mention that in the height of my wackzilla phase I got teh attention of pharoahe monch and aceyalone? I used to have hourlong clandestine conversations with pharoahe on twitter.... it got to the point where he claimed that he "needed" me for his internal affairs 10th anniversary show in mid-late october of 2009, except I couldn't make it out to NYC so i never got around to hitting up pharoahe and seeing if he was gonna give me a VIP/backstage getup.

I also got aceyalone's attention, but he didn't accept my demo cuz i made sure that someone had to sign for it. Suffice to say, the guys @ project blowed taught me an important lesson about unwarranted self importance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 pm 

Oh shit, was it copywrite who said "(when you rap) you're off the beat like a retired cop?" that describes me =D

man, anyone remember copywrite holier than thou? it's one of the greater moments in lispy-hip-hop hithtory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:29 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
hey OKC, here's the only track I ever did that's worth a damn.... http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/fakeasswigg ... boyant.mp3

i have a long way to go before i could ever "collab" and be decent... but hey, i dunno if you'll ever believe me, but like, I contend that deep down I have the raw power to be the greatest white rapper in the history of rap... the problem is that I don't have the social skills (ironically enough) to not get all nervous and choke on a heaping helping of my own cerebral bullshit. Aceyalone has an excellent song called (sp)Ace Cowboy that aptly describes my situation... did i ever mention that in the height of my wackzilla phase I got teh attention of pharoahe monch and aceyalone? I used to have hourlong clandestine conversations with pharoahe on twitter.... it got to the point where he claimed that he "needed" me for his internal affairs 10th anniversary show in mid-late october of 2009, except I couldn't make it out to NYC so i never got around to hitting up pharoahe and seeing if he was gonna give me a VIP/backstage getup.

I also got aceyalone's attention, but he didn't accept my demo cuz i made sure that someone had to sign for it. Suffice to say, the guys @ project blowed taught me an important lesson about unwarranted self importance.

See bro, you sell yourself short. You made it further in the business than I have. You had contacts in the biz. I don't have that. No one knows me. You have a leg up as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the demo, you should've just gone the independent route and released it yourself. That's what I'm doing. I know it won't reap anything, but you know...I guess it's one of those "I have to do this on my own" sort of things.

Shit, I'm 30 years old...truthfully, I'm wondering why I'm still even doing this shit. It's a young man's game. I think when I drop "Open Book" it may be both my debut album AND my swan song.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
spmack, I gotta make some big Top 10 decisions.

You cool with sini?

You cool with 11th if it has to happen?

Or do I just kick out Midge to make room for sini?

Nah, you can kick me out. I've been sucking lately. I also haven't had any good posts either, :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 pm 

spmack wrote:
I've been sucking lately. I also haven't had any good posts either

Can I sig this?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:40 pm 

spmack wrote:
I've been sucking lately. I also haven't had any good posts either

Can I sig this?

Yeah I figured you'd like that.

Spanky was right, this thread is starting to turn into a huge circle jerk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:22 pm 

See bro, you sell yourself short. You made it further in the business than I have. You had contacts in the biz. I don't have that. No one knows me. You have a leg up as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the demo, you should've just gone the independent route and released it yourself. That's what I'm doing. I know it won't reap anything, but you know...I guess it's one of those "I have to do this on my own" sort of things.

Shit, I'm 30 years old...truthfully, I'm wondering why I'm still even doing this shit. It's a young man's game. I think when I drop "Open Book" it may be both my debut album AND my swan song.

I'm also 30 years old, actually... and trust me, I've got a much deeper hole than you to dig out of. Trust me, if I was a person whose life was worth emulating/respecting/etc, I'd have the confidence requisite to utilizing my sporadic bouts of book-smarts to do something interesting with it. I am a student of rap music and I know my shit... I used to despise it, then I heard these cats Latyrx rap about their spaceship, I heard some white dude who could flow (slug from atmosphere, or well, at least on the overcast! EP, lucy ford EPs, and the modern man's hustle 12" --- cuz after modern man's hustle he fell the fuck off IMHO) and then aceyalone, oh aceyalone man.

the only "contact" i have is that i've got louis logic's cellphone # in my phone. he isn't my boy or anything, but i guarantee if i called him up and he had a minute and i reminded him who i was he'd prolly give me a few mins if he wasn't busy. for the better part of the 2000s I had a standing offer from him to stay @ le chateau logic anytime i was in NYC, but like, I always stayed with my good friend out there cuz i'd never wanna impose on someone whose songs I own on vinyl.

Locally, I've known robust from galapagos 4 (i.e. the typical cats' label. are you into that typical cats / qwel / qwazaar / netherworlds / oh shit whats the name of qwa's crew? outerlimitz? i know he has his own thing) and like, robust is OK with me and in fact dude still owes me a beat from the day I got my DUI in 2009... man that day started off with so much promise but ended up bad, a total microcosm of what was going to happen to me.

Trust me man, my rap kind of sucks. altho there's a couple'a frees with robust where i think did better than him (http : // sinicalypse. kaen. org/fakeasswigga for the proof)

check out my boy tony... he's an IRL friend who jsut turned 39 and is legitimate with his rap. here's some late 90s shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySG50isABTY = street revelations. i had this jam on walkman mixtapes back in the day and used to rock it... shoot, i wonder if he has "my heart" on there cuz like, my heart is an amazing song. yeah peep it here (http COLON SLASH SLASH)sinicalypse.kaen.org/t0ne.mp3 --- PEEP THAT ONE. holy crap man, that's someone i can hollar at and get down to work with and yet what do i do?

68 paragraphs on CSFMB. i edited out my whining... i'm not an ostentatious piece of shit or anything who would cause problems IRL, but i'm just a loser. i've done nothing with my life and have little other than some disposable income to show for myself, and if i had to live on my own i'd be fucked cuz i've got no responsibility. i let mysefl go physocally and put on weight and now i'm mental cuz i want bitches bitches bitches and yet, alls i can do is talk online... and then my fantasy baseball teams OWN THE SUCK like eaglo jeff taught us to do =D

sorry about that whining guys... that's why god invented livejournal.

Last edited by sinicalypse on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:24 pm 

sini, I still wish you could have met up with me at that Cubs game. We coulda........done stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
spanky wrote:
sini, I still wish you could have met up with me at that Cubs game. We coulda........done stuff.

:shock:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:31 pm 

Darkside wrote:
spanky wrote:

:shock:

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 pm 

spanky wrote:

uhm what? i ain't gay, dude.... i'm closer to asexual, tho i'm still good enough at what i do to still be called up for booty calls cuz like, i was trained by a six foot tall beautiful sexual enthuiast in long island a few years back at how to be awesome at the art of babymaking... i just have no idea when or even how to make a move on a chick. if she makes one on me, holy shit, they immediately have a new affair or "fixer upper project" which dies out in anywhere from 2-10 months =D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:36 pm 

EDIT: WAAAAH!

i'm just down on myself tonight cuz i'm low on cash for a couple'a weeks (brother's birthday on sunday, and the cousins from arizona are in with birthdays and shit and an uncle's birthday so my $$$$$ is shot for all this while i've got calls about parties in the city i could hit up but won't cuz i don't have the ~$20 to drop on a cab back to the burbs) and there's this one chick who... ehhhh man, she's just tryin'ta power play with her "boyfriend" or "facebook fiancee" and then her ex's and she's so fucking passive/aggressive but not in a violent way, but like, we go from booty calls last week to meh this week like she wants me to profess love and be her BF and strongarm her but i told her i aint that, but she loves the sex and thinks i'm a genius who her vagina can will into some brilliant writer/rapper/musician/actor/talk-show-host and like, she plays these games cuz like, she has to fix me you know.

everyone has to fix me! everyone has such great views of how i could be better at X and like, yeeearrgljdshlfahdslfa too many beers too much internet.

so darko, this is but a blip on the radar and i'm not some raving mental lunatic in person. and i do worry about these things cuz like, i'm kind of in my own world and you're not a part of it, screeching weasel! =D

Last edited by sinicalypse on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:38 pm 

Im now onto a Stone Cellar Six Grain Ale. KS better know about the Stone Cellar Brewpub.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:42 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Im now onto a Stone Cellar Six Grain Ale. KS better know about the Stone Cellar Brewpub.

How do you know about Stone Cellar?

I went there last month and bought some bottles to take home. I liked the place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:43 pm 

The hell is wrong with all of you people????

I meant share a beer, bitch about the Cubs, make fun of OKC. You know, the same thing everybody does from the board when they meet for the first time.

This post is called "just a joke" dude, it's not serious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 76  Next