It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Went on a 30 minute run through and around the U of Georgia campus today. I was anticipating more scenery but whatever. This campus is a miniature mountain range. Its up and down hills in every possible direction on basically every block. That run kicked my ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:31 pm 

time to go for a refreshing dip in lake lanier.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Tall Midget wrote:
I'm still down 25 lbs since November. Would like to drop about 10 more. I will probably need to give up drinking soda to do so, but I don't want to.

I dropped all soda back in Jan/Feb. I was shocked how easy it was to wean myself off of the sugar and caffeine. It's hard to know exactly what affect this has had on my weight, but I have dropped 12 pounds with a paltry level of exercise. I think having a sugary fruit at lunch helped the craving for a coke at lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I've lost 25 pounds since the beginning of May. Gotta fit into that Jayson Williams jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Rode the bike outside for 15 miles today for the first time in over a year. That saddle gets ya sore!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:39 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
I dropped all soda back in Jan/Feb. I was shocked how easy it was to wean myself off of the sugar and caffeine. It's hard to know exactly what affect this has had on my weight, but I have dropped 12 pounds with a paltry level of exercise. I think having a sugary fruit at lunch helped the craving for a coke at lunch.

i don't know if this will work but it's just a thought...getting seltzer water or flavored seltzer water and just squeeze some lime or lemon in it to give it some flavor. that's if you just can't get enough of the carbonation...but i doubt that's the attraction.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
223. Started at 265 so that 42 lbs lost.
Only 3 lbs lost since the beginning of the month but I've had a lot going on with weddings and bachelor parties and rehearsal dinners, hardcore 4th of July drinking and shit like that. So no gain and a few down is good.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Darkside wrote:
Only 3 lbs lost since the beginning of the month but I've had a lot going on with weddings and bachelor parties and rehearsal dinners, hardcore 4th of July drinking and shit like that. So no gain and a few down is good.

Very impressive. Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Darkside wrote:

Way to go Bones! I am also under 230 finally and kind of skinnying up. Obviously I am way
more chiseled than you so it is coming off much slower. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Still down 35 (and maintaining) on the year thanks to running. 7.5 in this heat is gonna be a tough one today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Still down 35 (and maintaining) on the year thanks to running. 7.5 in this heat is gonna be a tough one today.

Jesus good luck Greg. I wouldn't ask Teinowitz to run a 5K in this heat. Don't die or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:49 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Jesus good luck Greg. I wouldn't ask Teinowitz to run a 5K in this heat. Don't die or anything.

I was in southern IL (where I'm from) over the weekend, visiting the fam. I ran there on the blacktop country roads, surrounded by corn, plus it was hotter. I can't imagine Busse being worse than that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Thanks guys.
Much appreciated. And good work to you all too.
As far as running outside today... might be a good day to sit this one out. It's epic heat, and heatstroke can happen really fast, and being far off the streets in Busse... I don't like that man. Keep your cell phone with you. :?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
redskingreg wrote:

Definitely be careful. might be a better idea to do a p90x cardio workout like Plyo or Kenpo today indoors.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Still stuck around 30-35 pounds. Still playing hockey a ton, but have let sweets back into my diet. Gonna try for one last push so I can at least say I was back in the 180s post 40 years old before I let myself swell back up to the 190s where my body seems to insist I belong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm 

By the way, I smartened up and ran inside last Wednesday. Guess I was Tommy Toughnuts by sitting in an air-conditioned office all day.

Ran 11.2 miles yesterday, in just over 10 minutes per mile, which is my goal pace for the half marathon in three weeks. It's my last double digit run until then. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:51 am 

redskingreg wrote:
By the way, I smartened up and ran inside last Wednesday. Guess I was Tommy Toughnuts by sitting in an air-conditioned office all day.

Ran 11.2 miles yesterday, in just over 10 minutes per mile, which is my goal pace for the half marathon in three weeks. It's my last double digit run until then. Can't wait.

Nice work there Greg. I am looking to try a half marathon by this fall and shooting for a similar
pace. Good luck with the run, I'd be interested to hear how it ends up going.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:07 am 

redskingreg wrote:

Nice job.

I wish I had worked out inside last Wed. I went for a 20 mile bike ride that day and was wrecked for the rest of the day. I did 25 miles yesterday and felt glorious.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Nice work there Greg. I am looking to try a half marathon by this fall and shooting for a similar
pace. Good luck with the run, I'd be interested to hear how it ends up going.

This will be my first one. Didn't really have an issue with the 11, so I'm hoping the half will be no sweat. Of course, it's on August 14th and could be balls hot that day. I'll let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm 

Rode the Old Plank Trail in the far south suburbs today for 28 miles.

I either have to get a better cushioned saddle or those nut-hugging cyclist shorts. My ass is killing me!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm 

viva le tour!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Came in the army at 245, left at 197. Promptly looking forward to putting those 48 lbs back on :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 am 

I've been going the wrong direction the past few weeks so I need to rededicate my
efforts. I'd like to lift in the morning and do cardio at night so I'll see how that works.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:11 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I've been going the wrong direction the past few weeks so I need to rededicate my
efforts. I'd like to lift in the morning and do cardio at night so I'll see how that works.

T-Bone,
Do you think that working out twice a day is possibly causing you to lose dedication? Twice a day is a lot. I strive for working out 4 times a week. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 am 

DAC wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

T-Bone,
Do you think that working out twice a day is possibly causing you to lose dedication? Twice a day is a lot. I strive for working out 4 times a week. Just a thought.

I think I have just been lazy and not given it a fair chance. My plan is to get in there at 4:30 am
when the gym opens and lift for an hour and still try to get to work by 6. Much easier to lift when
there are less than half a dozen people on the machines. Lots of treadmills available at 4 when I
get there after work. I don't have much else going on in my life now so I have no excuses not to
go and I would like to make myself as presentable as possible now that I am getting back on the
market as well as hoping to run a 1/2 marathon this fall so I just need to put the work in. If I can
make it 4-5 times a week I'd be thrilled with that realistically.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 pm 

just don't overdo it, t-bone. it's very easy, especially if you're going to lift in the morning. make sure you stretch enough. i'd actually suggest cardio in the morning, because it loosens the muscles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:19 pm 

W_Z wrote:
just don't overdo it, t-bone. it's very easy, especially if you're going to lift in the morning. make sure you stretch enough. i'd actually suggest cardio in the morning, because it loosens the muscles.

If it were up to me I would just do cardio and forget the weights but I have really neglected
that part of working out for a few years now. I'll be sure to stretch well. The whole point of
doing them early is the fact there aren't many people in there at that time. Aside from generally
not liking lifting weights and not being all that good at it, I dislike having to share weights, machines
or floor space in the evenings when the meatheads invade. I think I will see a nice increase in
metabolism and generally look better if I can stick with the weights.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Down 30 now and still getting stronger. I know that can't last forever with a calorie defecit, no matter how much I lift, but enjoying it. It's pretty easy to work out now that we moved offices. In the old place I had to go all the way across the street to get to the fitness center, at the new place I have to walk all the way down the stairs to get there. The benefits of working in recreation I guess. I do wish there were power cages and stuff at the place. I hate not being able to do deadlifts and having to do squats and benches on a Smith machine, but oh well. I also enjoy the elliptical machine that says I burn 900 calories in an hour on it. It's nice to fantacise that's actually true.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:26 pm 

T-Bone,
I hear ya. I don't like lifting weights and every time is a struggle. I would much rather bike or run than lift weights. Earlier this year, I did the 100 push challenge. http://hundredpushups.com/

I enjoyed doing the pushups even though it took me 3 months to get to 100 pushups. Doing the pushups help add some mass and definition to your entire upper body. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
W_Z wrote:

Should always do some light cardio and stretching before lifting and stretch again after lifting. Really makes a difference and keeps you from getting hurt. I used to hate stretching and now I don't do any exercise without a good stretch.

Awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next