It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IGS Energy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Does anyone here use them? I just can't see how a third party can sell electricity from a provider, for less than the provider does.

Post subject: Re: IGS Energy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I'm using hudson for the business basically the same thing. The only problem is that they
make you sign a contract and your pricing is based on how much they charge per therm.
Right now its lower than what com ed is charging but your taking a risk that it is going to stay
lower than what ce is charging. You still pay c e a delivery charge but we are saving almost
$250 a month right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I went to a "meeting" for an outfit called Viridian. They're using an MLM approach rather than traditional advertising. The marketing execs are all former Amway or Shaklee guys. I'm not the slightest bit interested in pyramid marketing. Anyway, one thing they stressed was that their people should not sell on price. They hit the market with a low price. I think it's currently about 20% less per kilowatt hour than ComEd. But it will go up. They're taking a "green" angle which I think is bullshit. But maybe it isn't. I just can't get my head around green energy. I know we simply cannot power everything from so-called green sources. Anyway, the bottom line is you will still be billed by ComEd for maintenance and delivery. The alternative company will bill you for the actual energy. They can beat the ComEd price because of overhead, but over the long haul the savings won't be significant. Also, In the case of Viridian they have almost no marketing costs because of the MLM concept.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
15% savings is the rumor and I got like 4 people trying to get me into this. Feels so slimy

Tupperware