It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Need some help after I pat myself on the ass. As of September it will be a year since I dedicated myself to working out 6 days a week. During this time I've completed Insanity twice (always loved cardio) and P90 X once. Over the past 3 months I've mixed the workouts together. I pretty much eat the same and still drink but staying dedicated to my workouts has made a huge difference. I've lost 30 lbs and from the waist up I look like I've been taking the cream and the clear. After I reach my 1 year goal I'm going to need something else to shoot for. I need something challenging to compete against myself so I won't fall off. I want to run a marathon. I ran cross country in high school and while I wasn't the fastest sprinting I had great endurance. I would be interested in training with the WZ's of the world so I can figure out what I need to do. So if any of you have a routine that you use I would be interested. I would also be interesting in finding out where you run. Thanks in advance.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Once again, congrats to everyone for their efforts. T Bone, I would agree with others about the two-a-days. You might be able to get more accomplished with one outing. I'm that overweight guy that knows quite a bit about health and fitness. However, although it's leveled right now, I'm at my lowest weight since 2002. I'm at 197, and need to get to 185.

Keep it up everyone.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 pm 

HOVA wrote:
I ran cross country in high school and while I wasn't the fastest sprinting I had great endurance. I would be interested in training with the WZ's of the world so I can figure out what I need to do. So if any of you have a routine that you use I would be interested. I would also be interesting in finding out where you run. Thanks in advance.

endurance is so much more important, i think. it allows you to keep it up as you get older. not too many sprinters in their 40's or older. my dad didn't run his first marathon until he was 39, and his last when he was in his mid 40's.

i have a very fine convenience of being close to the prairie path elgin branch that is over 11 miles long, so that's what i use when training. this summer has been so humid, i haven't run outside since early june; i just do treadmill running, using a 10% incline. hoping to use the path late summer when the heat dies down.

my routine is S,M, W, F cardio (running 8.5 miles on treadmill, 70 minutes; or, one day of the elliptical, about 10 miles, 70 minutes, level 15); T, THR, SAT lifting. Tuesday i do bi's/back, thursday chest/tri's, saturday bi's/shoulders. I've kept that routine roughly for 9 years, and I haven't really have had any injuries. Sometimes I'll change it up and lift lightweights but I don't strain too much nor do I max out a lot, so all I really do is maintain, which is why I stay at the same weight...I like feeling that way better. And I'm happy with my build.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: *
HOVA wrote:
Need some help after I pat myself on the ass. As of September it will be a year since I dedicated myself to working out 6 days a week. During this time I've completed Insanity twice (always loved cardio) and P90 X once. Over the past 3 months I've mixed the workouts together. I pretty much eat the same and still drink but staying dedicated to my workouts has made a huge difference. I've lost 30 lbs and from the waist up I look like I've been taking the cream and the clear. After I reach my 1 year goal I'm going to need something else to shoot for. I need something challenging to compete against myself so I won't fall off. I want to run a marathon. I ran cross country in high school and while I wasn't the fastest sprinting I had great endurance. I would be interested in training with the WZ's of the world so I can figure out what I need to do. So if any of you have a routine that you use I would be interested. I would also be interesting in finding out where you run. Thanks in advance.

Just play ball with me 5x's a week and you'll toughen up.

There are some trails by the crib and the track at the High School, not sure which one is closer for you.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gourmet Pizza by Carlo
Officially down 100 lbs since the beginning of the year!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm 

Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Officially down 100 lbs since the beginning of the year!

Did the divorce go well?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
We got some life changing mofos in here. Keep up the good work, everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
redskingreg wrote:
We got some life changing mofos in here. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Definitely some alternate life mofos in here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i lost 8lbs while on vacation. 144#...oh yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
W_Z wrote:
[ this summer has been so humid, i haven't run outside since early june;

I hear that. After a long bike ride on Wednesday, I thought I'd go for a run on Thursday and it went very poorly. I only made it 2 miles before I stopped since I was so miserable due to the heat and humidity. It's been years since I stopped mid-run.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
DAC wrote:
W_Z wrote:
[ this summer has been so humid, i haven't run outside since early june;

I hear that. After a long bike ride on Wednesday, I thought I'd go for a run on Thursday and it went very poorly. I only made it 2 miles before I stopped since I was so miserable due to the heat and humidity. It's been years since I stopped mid-run.

I ran a 5K on Thursday outside and it was a thing. My stamina was way down but I didn't quit. Worked in the
yard yesterday for 2 hours and that was a rough one. Mowed, trimmed, and pulled and sprayed weeds. It was the
best 4 hours of sleep I had in a week.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If you're a video game nerd or just looking for a fun way to track workouts like lifting or cardio take a look at Fitocracy.com It's video-gamey in that you get points for your workouts that allow you to "level up." There are also "quests" that try and get you to try new routines and "achievements" for certain milestones like benching your weight or squatting or deadlifting certain bodyweight numbers. I have the same username there as I do here if you want to check out how it works. No workouts logged for a bit since I'm in Florida on vacation. If you want to join here's an invite link.

http://ftcy.co/qzCx3Q

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:48 pm 

Killed it on my hour-long ride today. Awoke my inner Andy Schleck on the last big hill of the day. Heart rate monitor said I went up to 172 but it felt more than that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 pm 

W_Z wrote:
HOVA wrote:
I ran cross country in high school and while I wasn't the fastest sprinting I had great endurance. I would be interested in training with the WZ's of the world so I can figure out what I need to do. So if any of you have a routine that you use I would be interested. I would also be interesting in finding out where you run. Thanks in advance.

endurance is so much more important, i think. it allows you to keep it up as you get older. not too many sprinters in their 40's or older. my dad didn't run his first marathon until he was 39, and his last when he was in his mid 40's.

i have a very fine convenience of being close to the prairie path elgin branch that is over 11 miles long, so that's what i use when training. this summer has been so humid, i haven't run outside since early june; i just do treadmill running, using a 10% incline. hoping to use the path late summer when the heat dies down.

my routine is S,M, W, F cardio (running 8.5 miles on treadmill, 70 minutes; or, one day of the elliptical, about 10 miles, 70 minutes, level 15); T, THR, SAT lifting. Tuesday i do bi's/back, thursday chest/tri's, saturday bi's/shoulders. I've kept that routine roughly for 9 years, and I haven't really have had any injuries. Sometimes I'll change it up and lift lightweights but I don't strain too much nor do I max out a lot, so all I really do is maintain, which is why I stay at the same weight...I like feeling that way better. And I'm happy with my build.

No day for leg workouts? Does this 70 mins include warmup and cool down or is it actual training?

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:39 pm 

no real a warmup, and no i don't do leg exercises...well, running is the leg exercise. what i do i wouldn't really recommend to other people. i would recommend people walk a few minutes or start off kinda slow and then build the run. i pretty much start off running and just inch it up faster until i get to about 9.4 for the end. then i walk it off for about 5-6 minutes. it's about 64 minutes of straight running, and i'm at about 7:45 minute miles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:39 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
HOVA wrote:

Just play ball with me 5x's a week and you'll toughen up.

There are some trails by the crib and the track at the High School, not sure which one is closer for you.

I know. I was trying to find a partner. They don't stay anywhere near us.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:44 pm 

W_Z wrote:
no real a warmup, and no i don't do leg exercises...well, running is the leg exercise. what i do i wouldn't really recommend to other people. i would recommend people walk a few minutes or start off kinda slow and then build the run. i pretty much start off running and just inch it up faster until i get to about 9.4 for the end. then i walk it off for about 5-6 minutes. it's about 64 minutes of straight running, and i'm at about 7:45 minute miles.

Okay. I'll have to warm up and stretch. I'm going to give this a try in a month. I'm running 6.5 miles twice a week. That includes a 5 min warm up and cool down. I'm not going far up on the incline though. My knees weren't happy when I tried to do that. I'm going to shoot for 30 miles a week. Thanks

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:52 pm 

the more you run, the better it'll get. it's always hell getting started. but once you get in the groove, it's awesome.

incline on a treadmill for running isn't really good for anything but possibly hurting yourself; so that's why i keep it low. when i was training i had it at 4.0, declining after about 40 minutes, and because i was running 40-45 miles a week, i could handle it.

no way i could be doing that now.

i do stretch before i run, and i do ab workouts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:15 pm 

I love the high from a good run. If that's how crack feels I see why people get addicted.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
6 days until my first half marathon. Had my best times at Poplar Creek (8.9 miles in 78 minutes) and Busse (7.7 in 66 minutes) the last few days. Think I'm peaking at the right time. If I can stay under 2 hours for the half, I'll be thrilled. I realize that's not too fast, but I gotta start somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
221. Only 2 lbs over the last 2 weeks or so.
Here's my current routine now...
5 days a week, M-F... 50 minutes @ 4mph on #4 incline on treadmill =3.33 miles
10 minutes @ 6 mph on #4 incline = 1 mile.
I take the weekends and just walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes on Sunday. Been taking saturdays off... sorta. Mowing the lawn and shit like that is kind of like a workout, so I'm basically working out 7 days a week now BUT...
I'm down 44 lbs and I feel like I'm getting back to normal. I used to be a pretty fit looking dude and I've been sloppyfat for too long. Getting back into shape feels good.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:48 am 

Nice work Darkside. I can't wait to get to 220. Hoping to get there just after
Labor Day weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:11 pm 

Road 42 miles in 3 hrs 10 minutes today on the Old Plank Trail in the south suburbs. Averaged 13.3 mi/hr on the mountain bike. Really bonked out in the last 10 miles or so. HR monitor said I burned 4800 calories. Had this fattie pass me on mile 36. Went into race mode and nearly passed out. I do stupid things sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
In fairness are there any women in WI that weigh less that 200?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm 

It seems short little guys like that often like the bigguns. I work with a guy down here that is about 5'5 and maybe 120lbs and his wife is at least 300lbs and a couple inches taller than him. He often references them fucking and people are all the time telling him to shut up, no one wants to hear about that shit

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Sir Mix a Lot wrote:
36-24-36....haha, only if she's 5'3"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 pm 

RFDC wrote:
It seems short little guys like that often like the bigguns.

No doubt. In fact whenever I see a chick that big I chuckle to myself because I
know there is a guy out there half her size hitting that and is completely happy
with it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm 

KS nice try, but I have absolutely no doubt that you have split open a couple fattys in your day :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 pm 

:lol: :lol: I just laughed out loud and a couple people looked at me like I was nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You guys are so weird about looks.

How you feel about fucking pregnant women? Just as gross, a little less gross?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next