It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
deep... :roll:

What does that have to do with the subject at hand? Or are you trying to start some sort of "Wu-Tang sucks" war with RPB?

Yeah at this point Sini brings up Wu Tang waaaaaay more than I do.

Not sure what the point is.

I would guess Sini is trying to say that anyone who still likes Wu clearly hasnt evolved as a hip hop fan since 1997. See its all part of him being a better fan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:10 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Sooo..what's the Hip Hop song of the day??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2Se9gxvnA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
when ghostface has an album come out there's a proper thread about the LP and all kinds of unrequited love about how great it is... there's a board meetup at the show, it's just begging to be slagged on to for the sake of theatre.

and listen to RFDC, he's wise beyond his years, btw.

wu-tang did absolutely nothing for me, and by ~1997 they were nothing more than an overglorified marketing company with nothing interesting to bring to the table in terms of rapping/acumen. and you lot love them and make it a big deal akin to doug EP and the smashing pumpkins... seriously, it's low-flying music for low-flying people it's just dumb boring shit that hasn't significantly evolved since they realized they have t-shirts and hoodies to sell back in the mid-late 90s.

i guess i present my rap resume cuz i have one, shrug... it's cuz for whatever reason i feel constantly attacked whenever i try and stand up for what i believe in, nevermind what everyone else believes in has more people and serves as a group browbeating of someone who dares to stand up against the status quo and say "hey, y'all are full of shit this is what's up"

but basically, RFDC is right, i know constantly invoking wu-tang in my tired futile arguments will at least get something of a rise out of you lot so i do it. and when i speak of ad hominem stuff, how many times in the last ~20 posts has RPB mention my "failed" rap career? 3-4? NICE JOB!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Andre wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Sooo..what's the Hip Hop song of the day??

I can almost see that, Andre. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Music is subjective, I like what I like and you like what you like, period,exclamation point.

You could have went and seen Murs snort coke off of aceyalones cock at the abbey, it doesn't mean your opinion of music is any more important than the next guy.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
when ghostface has an album come out there's a proper thread about the LP and all kinds of unrequited love about how great it is... there's a board meetup at the show, it's just begging to be slagged on to for the sake of theatre.

and listen to RFDC, he's wise beyond his years, btw.

wu-tang did absolutely nothing for me, and by ~1997 they were nothing more than an overglorified marketing company with nothing interesting to bring to the table in terms of rapping/acumen. and you lot love them and make it a big deal akin to doug EP and the smashing pumpkins... seriously, it's low-flying music for low-flying people it's just dumb boring shit that hasn't significantly evolved since they realized they have t-shirts and hoodies to sell back in the mid-late 90s.

Thats your hipster opinion. Without the bolded part its fine. The bolded part is what make you a hipster

sinicalypse wrote:
how many times in the last ~20 posts has RPB mention my "failed" rap career? 3-4? NICE JOB!

Ive mentioned in response to you bringing it up a nauseating amount of times.

Add flat out lying to the ol Sini resume.

So to sum up. Sini thinks that because he aspired to be a rapper and went to a bunch of small hip hop shows, that his opinion means more and the music he posts is better.

Oh and because people disagree that his opinion means more, he is a hero fighting against the status quo

Sipster: My opinion means more cause I been in the game!!!!!

Other guy: No it doesnt

Sipster: Stop trying to make me conform!

other guy: what are you talking about

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:31 pm 

Sini, I just want you to consider this

You just called anyone who bought a Wu tang album or liked one in the last 14 years (probably a good amount of the hip hop fans who post here) low flying people who like low flying music.

Do you expect that to be recieved well?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:32 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
The End of the Beginning is a good album.

I think I listened to a few tracks when that first came out but I can't realy remember if I liked them or not. That was like '02, right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
incidentally, someone oughta let the cool kids know that this is how you do an electronic hiphop beat.

lyrics born - kontrol phreak (produced by lyrics born)

I like this beat but it sounds more funk to me than electronic. I suppose its both.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 pm 

yikes...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:07 pm 

Now see, I think that shit was shit. But due to my rather modest hip hop resume, my opinion means very little...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:50 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Sini, I just want you to consider this

You just called anyone who bought a Wu tang album or liked one in the last 14 years (probably a good amount of the hip hop fans who post here) low flying people who like low flying music.

Do you expect that to be recieved well?

at this point isn't it flagrantly obvious that i was taking the piss and merely attempting to bait the "hip hop establishment" of the CSFMB into a dumb pointless argument for which there is no winner? RFDC called it eventually, i was putting myself out there for the sake of an argument.

it's kind of like the end of wargames when joshua/WOPR learns that the only way to win the game is not to play a'tall. i'll cop to some legitimate indignation early on in the "argument", but i'll be damned if i didn't go from posting my "hipster" songs into a semantical pursuit of both the terms "hipster" and "real hiphop"

the truth is that rap, like just about anything, is what you make of it. i've long since realized that most people don't relate to the stuff that grips the pit of my soul and grabs me, forcing me into spasmodic twitching in time with the beat... back circa thee aforementioned year of 1997 i used to think my favorite music was going to take over the world and one day redefine what makes for quality music, but then it didn't happen and i was left as "that guy"

back in a literature class circa junior year in high school, i will always remember something that annie susicki said to me. she was a heavily-polish-faced chick with a magnanimous rack that i prolly would have spent $100 to see back then, and suffice to say i had no confidence/clue/game/etc. i always dreamed of having the balls to talk to her.

well one day in that lit class i was rocking my trusty KMFDM money shirt (which ended up being a prize for an ex-girlfriend... sigh) and this chick annie turns to me and says "ugh, jim, do you get off to always wearing shirts of bands that nobody has heard of?"

there was my in, that moment that i had dreamed of for what felt like a lifetime... and foreshadowing my future as a hipster, evidently, alls i could muster was an "ugh, hey annie, you're all about listening to q101... maybe you should listen closer cuz kmfdm's juke joint jezebel is in a pretty steady rotation on the station"

suffice to say, the conversation ended right there on the spot and i don't think i've ever talked to her again. now that i reminisce (over you, pete rock / cl smooth) on that, i prolly did come off like a fucking hipster, which is ostensibly what i despise.

i reckon ben weasel's lyrics for "what we hate" are quite apropos for this situation. c'est la vie.... i apologize for my methodology, but i'll be damned if i didn't get a proper conversation out of it.

SOOOO ENJOY THE LEADCHIPS AND KEEP ON BUMPIN THE WU! =D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:06 pm 

And you throw around Fox sitcom star Redman and Pete Rock/CL Smooth's most crossover song....so I think that DQ's you as a hipster anyway. :D

And just for facts sake. I believe you confused the Raekwon Shaolin vs Wu Tang with the Ghostface thing.

and obviously we didnt actually have a listening party. we had a smoke, have a few beers, and be seen in public with ajent against our better judgement party....I just happened to have some Wu in my pocket....as Im prone to have.

And in this very thread you expressed interest in joining us at the Wu Tang Concert (albeit for the ciphers) so...ya know :wink: :mrgreen: 8)

Also, I didnt mean or set out to take shots at your rap career. Its just when you use it how you did, my reaction is natural. I very much respect the work and all you probably had to put into it for 14 years.

OH man Siniacalypse and rpb are shaking hands in the ring and KS comes out of nowhere with a steel chair.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
You're so full of shit sini. You meant every word you said prior to RFDC calling you out. But since you were getting your hipster ass handed to you, you saw it as an out, and did an about face.

hey, believe what you want to believe. i got a proper page worth of spirited debate going and that's what i was in it for whilst killing time @work. RFDC has this trump card on me cuz i've admitted the truth of my relationship with internet messageboards to him before. * shrugs *

say what you want to say about me, but i'm not completely daft. i found it genuinely amusing to argue that i'm not a hipster in the most elitist hipster means possible =D

and RPB, yeah, as i said it would be for the ciphers... especially if it was @ the congress theatre, altho after the smoking ban i dunno if their cipher/smoking room has been shut down. that venue has hosted a good handful of shows i've gone to where i end up fucking off to go freestyle for 85% of the show, which oft times is more fun than seeing ill bill for the 5th time or something like that.

i just don't give a shit about the wu-tang, who the majority of hte "hip hop" people on here consider to be rap gods. conversely, i really doubt that y'all give a shit about aceyalone or latyrx or blackalicious, who are my personal hiphop gods. the only one we prolly could see eye to eye on is pharoahe monch, however, i likely have him rated higher than y'all do... c'est la vie!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 pm 

oh and for the record, the first-ever freestyle rap line i've ever said was related to wu-tang.

dateline 1998/99, a friend's spot on (1/2)/ounce mondays (a friend of mine and i would pull through and get nice nice nice sub-dank 30s for like $130 an ounce.... perfect blunt rolling weed --- anyways, everyone there starts freestyling then it's on me so i'm just like "i just got back from the 36th chamber / and man that place is packed with basehead flamers" * everyone laughs * --- i proceeded to fall the fuck off after that.

i should have learned that the actual punchline is >>>> than the ability to rap, but hey, i was young so what did i know.

so the wu-hate is irrational, oldschool, and deep rooted. it's prolly cuz they were forced on me soooo damn much at a time when i wanted nothing to do with rap. them, crucial conflict, do or die, twista... all that shit. it took me a long time to come back to "street" shit cuz i had to appreciate the whole concept of rapping before i could really understand why people would want to listen to idealized versions of street life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am 

Buck 50

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:39 am 

Buck 65

(the hipster retort! =)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:42 am 

sinicalypse wrote:

(the hipster retort! =)

:lol:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=hip+hop+hipster&pbx=1&oq=hip+hop+hipster&aq=f&aqi=g2g-v3&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=138515l140923l3l141446l15l13l0l1l1l0l212l1454l5.6.1l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f0ec7b08b8c226a7&biw=853&bih=529

Google results for Hip Hop Hipster. Check the 3rd picture

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:43 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

This is some post 97 Wu that I think is solid and your boy Redman is probably the best one on this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:47 am 

For the record, I think that Buck 65 blows... I just couldn't resist retorting after seeing Buck 50 dropped.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
For the record, I think that Buck 65 blows... I just couldn't resist retorting after seeing Buck 50 dropped.

Too late... Im filing that one like SHAKE THAT files Softball beefs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sinicalypse wrote:
and RPB, yeah, as i said it would be for the ciphers... especially if it was @ the congress theatre, altho after the smoking ban i dunno if their cipher/smoking room has been shut down. that venue has hosted a good handful of shows i've gone to where i end up fucking off to go freestyle for 85% of the show, which oft times is more fun than seeing ill bill for the 5th time or something like that.

I'm sure some of you may disagree but I've seen my share of shows in venues from the Pavilion to the Abbey, and I just don't think the form really lends itself to live performance. I mean, maybe a freestyle battle in the South Bronx is something to see, but there's so much going on in the tracks by the guys I like best and a lot of it is lost during a live performance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm sure some of you may disagree but I've seen my share of shows in venues from the Pavilion to the Abbey, and I just don't think the form really lends itself to live performance. I mean, maybe a freestyle battle in the South Bronx is something to see, but there's so much going on in the tracks by the guys I like best and a lot of it is lost during a live performance.

oh yeah, in terms of a proper live performance i agree with you... short of going to an event that's billed as an MC battle, or perhaps a show at an informal venue where, example, it's a beatboxer's birthday party and after you see the majestic likes of kid static and robust play live (i can stick up for the latter, as he's an old friend of mine. kid static is a weird burrito tho) and jam one wants to come out and beatbox, sure, there's room for freestyle ciphers onstage, but you're there to see a live show full of real hip hop tracks, as opposed to seeing someone scramble to come up with words that happen to rhyme and hopefully convey some sort of a story.

what i'm referencing when i talk about going to shows for ciphers is like, a few years back i had won free tickets to see tech nyne, ill bill, and a couple'a other cats at the congress. honestly i could give a flying fuck about tech nyne (WHOOP WHOOP WHERE MY JUGGALOS AT?!?! i'll always remember seeing what seemed to be a good looking chick with her face painted up like a clown @ that show and i ask her why her face is painted and she belted out "...CUZ I'M A JUGGALO!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!" and i'm just like "yes you are" b4 i walked away) --- so like, in this instance where the tickets were free and i don't give a fuck about the performers, when you go to the smoking area and see 2-3 ciphers going on there, shit, that's more fun than standing around watching some jewish dude acting like the hardest negro on the block (ill bill) or some dude trying to coddle the juggalo demographic by rapping about ultraviolence and other dumb shit with his face painted (tech nyne)

99% of the time, when i talk about ciphers @ shows i'm talking about hanging out in the crowds.... kicking flows, networking, and just having your own fun as opposed to standing there watching some decent rappers do their thing. off-the-dome freestyles are usually a niche @ a live show, you know, maybe a rapper will up and kick 1 or 2 throughout the duration of their set, sometimes bringing out some of the guys who opened up for him and they do a group thing.... otherwise, yeah, you're there to see real songs performed live, as opposed to seeing an impromptu freestyle competition because, gasp, a whole lot of bonafide rappers aren't too great off the dome. hell, back when eminem was barnstorming radio stations en masse around the time he was promoting the slim shady EP and then the slim shady LP, he was dropping "freestyles", aka written verses that aren't on a formal track... but once or twice he went off the dome, and if you hear him do that, shit, he's just not that good.

i can say this with the utmost in sincerity, but when i get in a proper off-the-dome groove i'm a better freestyle rapper than eminem. that said, i'm not any sort of "rapper" at all and i can think of ~300million reasons as to why eminem will always be far far beyond anything i'd ever hope to accomplish in the rap game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:01 am 

Yeah live hip hop and rap is bad.

I mean if you go understanding that its just a celebration of the music it can be a good experience but as far as music quality....NO

Exceptions for live band acts like The Roots and its not impossible to put on a good show if you put in the time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 am 

I've only seen a handful of shows where the rapper/s went up and "killed it" to the point where you were just left speechless and in awe of the spectacle that you just saw. Del had an amazing show up @ the rave in milwaukee in june 2000 for the both sides of the brain tour (conversely, i saw him in november 2000 on the deltron3030 tour with automator @ the house of blues and he was flat, awful, and probably high on heroin) but that milwaukee show was legit... there were maybe ~100-150 people there, and i remember walking into the venue and the front row of people in the crowd all had shirts with hiero logos on the back... del must have got handed somewhere between a 1/2oz to ounce of weed during the show, and he was so motivated by the people representing up front that he went out and ripped it, easily the best del live show i've seen to date...

disclaiming that he's my favorite rapper: aceyalone did a set in 2006 where he tore through all of his "classics" and did it with an energy, gusto, and bravado that you don't often see live. he walked out and saw a crowd chock full of white kids (aka the atmosphereization of hiphop) and said "y'all don't know who i am.... rj, these fools don't know who i am... i think we're going to have to show them who the fuck i am" -- and then he proceeded to let loose an OMFG energy show chock full of his "big" songs off of everything starting with the first fellowship album and ending with the magnificent city LP he did with RJD2, aka the album he was touring to promote.

but for the most part, you're quite right.... a good deal of live rap shows feature monotone shouting (ludacris comes to mind as the worst offender... he truly doesn't give a fuck, as luda was one of those "experience" rappers... meaning if you hung out with him for a night the experience would be so !!! that you'd tell your grandkids someday if they're cool, but in terms of an actual rapper the dude was just kind of there) and stupid gimmicks (i love the yes-men who hangout alongside the rapper to do live overdubs on end-rhymes... they're my favorite). hell, there's a good deal of songs that most of these cats can't do live cuz they smoke too much and ain't got the breath control to do it properly live.

I remember once J-Live performed his song "Braggin Writes" where he was djing the cuts while rapping... oh shit, someone's got a youtube video of him doing this live so here you go --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsENh_SrgLw --- that's pretty slick.

otherwise, yeah, you're just kind of there to hang out and "support" the music by soaking in the experience and all that. i've already had my existential rap crisis where i was @ reggie's rock room seeing del for something like the 7th time and watching a bunch of young white kids rapping along to "catch a bad one" i was just like "what am i doing here?!? what's the point of this?!" del's pretty much a shell of his former self, and standing there listening to "catch a bad one" i had wondered if i turned into my father, who will go and see motley crue at the bradley center and hope to hear dr. feelgood or something like that.... it felt kind of down and dirty.

for the most part, i like seeing local shows cuz you're actually really helping out people who could use the help in terms of getting #s to show up so venues/promoters want to book them, which maybe prevents them from having to get a 9-5 in order to survive. that's supporting the music... but really, would dropping $100 on tickets to go see jay-z in a stadium change anything? i doubt it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:46 pm 

oh hey RPB, when you mention my "failed rap career" i want to know what exactly you've done in the rapping world that you can bring to the table to back your shit up... it's easier to be a "successful rap critic" than it is to be someone with a "failed rap career"

here's some throwaway off-the-dome freestyle shit i did with a DJ back in 2009.... i know that the sound quality sucks and he only has one scratch, but still, i implore you to drop some off the dome written shit that makes what i did on this track look sorry and ultimately "failed" --- http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/freestyles/choochsuite2.mp3

anyways, you're a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything and all that... but to claim i've got a "failed rap career" when i've merely been fucking around for ~13 years is a bit much, IMO, especially when i'm 90% sure that you'd be wholly average-at-best if you even had the gall to step up into a decent cipher.

thank you

# failed-rapper-X

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:21 pm 

there's a line in that free where i mention a cutie pie on the floor.

for the record i would like to point out that there was actually a quarter pound of very dank weed on the floor when i recorded that.... that DJ guy used to move a pretty decent amount of herb, he still might now but we had a falling out back in august of 2009.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
oh hey RPB, when you mention my "failed rap career" i want to know what exactly you've done in the rapping world that you can bring to the table to back your shit up... it's easier to be a "successful rap critic" than it is to be someone with a "failed rap career"

Well I rapped for the whole school in 8th grade. That was a long time ago...but I KILT it.

Anyways I was just returning the trolling. I have no idea what you sound like, who you are, or what you've done. Someone told me you posted some stuff on here once, but I missed it.

You were throwing down lines like

sinicalypse wrote:
honestly, i've been in the rap trenches for fucking ~13-14 years and represented.... and when i try to talk about it all of a sudden i'm being knocked down by people who haven't done what i've done.

Of course Im gonna come with "Scoreboard" on that shit. Regardless even if your awesome, it doesnt make me respect your opinion more. I already have a lot of respect for your hip hop IQ. Just not enough to take some of the absolute proclamations you were throwing down.

sinicalypse wrote:
here's some throwaway off-the-dome freestyle shit i did with a DJ back in 2009.... i know that the sound quality sucks and he only has one scratch, but still, i implore you to drop some off the dome written shit that makes what i did on this track look sorry and ultimately "failed" --- http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/freestyles/choochsuite2.mp3

anyways, you're a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything and all that... but to claim i've got a "failed rap career" when i've merely been fucking around for ~13 years is a bit much, IMO, especially when i'm 90% sure that you'd be wholly average-at-best if you even had the gall to step up into a decent cipher.

thank you

# failed-rapper-X

I'll listen to that when I get home. So youre 90% sure someone who never had a serious interest in being a rapper would be wholly average at best??

Nice.

I have written lyrics here and there. Theyre pretty awesome. But I dont think Id have the voice for it, so Id have to ghostwrite and thats just not worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:29 pm 

wow you're a messageboard dork, dude.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:29 pm 

Mind Playing Tricks on Me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next