It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8/30/11 ugh...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Joe Cowley really loves him some Ozzie Guillen, huh?

Post subject: Re: 8/30/11 ugh...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Krazy Ivan wrote:

You turned away from Rome's Kyle Streak for Joe Cowley??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
the peoples chump comes on and i change to espn....kinda like when i hear terry say his two favorite words in show business

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
donspiracy wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

You turned away from Rome's Kyle Streak for Joe Cowley??

You caught me. :lol:

Needed a break. I can only do so much Rome. Wasn't feelign it today...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This entire show is WSOX dominated. Would it be so hard to say a word about the Cubs ever?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
This entire show is WSOX dominated. Would it be so hard to say a word about the Cubs ever?

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's - Sausage

They're really bad at baseball. The end.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:39 pm 

old man river, haven't seen you around a lot lately. hope all is well!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I wouldn't say the Sox are really good at baseball. Even when the Cubs are decent its still WSOX all the time. Sox talk is boring and uninteresting and consists of about 2 topics that are beaten to death over and over and over again. I don't give a shit about Adam Dunn sitting on the bench or what crazy shit Ozzie has to say. I want to hear about McNutt's home run last night in AA for the Cubs god dammit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Sox talk is boring and uninteresting and consists of about 2 topics that are beaten to death over and over and over again.

The same can be said for Coob talk this year...and one of those topics got whacked 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:38 pm 

Suck.

What is more boring - fantasy football talk or fantasy football draft talk. "someone drafted Rex Grossman and we all had a good laugh, then had another drink at Jerkoff's bar and grill where Johnny the manager treated us right (comped us for those that arent cool radio insiders)." If there were a tree around I would have drove into it and done myself and most of the people that know me a favor.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Spiegel was having a good back and forth with Cowley during the interview, getting tense, and then Spiegel goes Harry and asks him about the new Madden game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's

Nothing to say. Zero news. Doing the same thing as last year.

Quade just tending the store until the new GM comes in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:27 am 

reents wrote:
Spiegel was having a good back and forth with Cowley during the interview, getting tense, and then Spiegel goes Harry and asks him about the new Madden game.

I'll give credit to Spiegel for pulling back the curtains of Joe Cowley's retreaded Kenny-Ozzie storyline: It begins and ends with Jerry Reinsdorf, who will determine who stays and who goes unless one of them taps out, and Cowley's info is poor at best. So-called Unnamed sources from whom Cowley speculates. Spiegel seemed to run the interview right up to that obvious point that is was bad fiction before asking about Madden. That's when Cowley stated he's had the game for a week and would now (Tuesday) have someone to play online.

The Sports media in Chicago has become a joke. Print media pandering to electronic (too many wanting to be seen or heard) and the electronic trying to be too cool/cute while citing print media as a viable source.

What's the value of a columnist watching a game on TV and writing as if he saw something unique? What's the point in a radio host citing said column as valued insight to be discussed adnauseam?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
No Clever Moniker wrote:
reents wrote:

I'll give credit to Spiegel for pulling back the curtains of Joe Cowley's retreaded Kenny-Ozzie storyline: It begins and ends with Jerry Reinsdorf, who will determine who stays and who goes unless one of them taps out, and Cowley's info is poor at best. So-called Unnamed sources from whom Cowley speculates. Spiegel seemed to run the interview right up to that obvious point that is was bad fiction before asking about Madden. That's when Cowley stated he's had the game for a week and would now (Tuesday) have someone to play online.

The Sports media in Chicago has become a joke. Print media pandering to electronic (too many wanting to be seen or heard) and the electronic trying to be too cool/cute while citing print media as a viable source.

What's the value of a columnist watching a game on TV and writing as if he saw something unique? What's the point in a radio host citing said column as valued insight to be discussed adnauseam?

you're treading upon a slippery slope, my friend... if you keep following this train of thought to its inevitable destination, you're soon going to be asking "what's the point of talking about sports in the first place? what's the point of sports? what's the point of entertainment? shit, what's the point of living?"

long story short (the antithesis of me): phil jackson once called sports-talk-radio "mental masturbation." i'd go a step further and consider just about all media coverage of sports to also be "mental masturbation." seriously, the sport is there for you to be consumed in the format of a game.... beyond that, the constant desire/need to require ancillary information pertaining to the inner workings of the teams that play these games is technically pointless if you think about it (and i reckon you certainly HAVE thought about it)

however, since we love our sports and the mass/media exists to feed us pointless crap which we consume to their financial benefit, as a society we've essentially turned our sporting experience into three parts: 1) the buildup 2) the event 3) the aftermath.... parts 1 and 3 are totally pointless bullshit exercises in mental masturbation, unless you happen to have a bit of the "fun-bad" or dare i say "ironic" mentality where you see the spectacle for what it is, but you revel in it only for the sake of reveling in something stupid and meatballish.

for part 3, the aftermath, take doug & OB as an example. i know what i just saw and i'm pretty sure i know why i just saw what i saw... but hearing these two old fire-n-pashin meatballs raise their blood pressure up and scream and rant and rave like it's the most important thing ever is just so damned fun that it's become appointment radio for me. it's the kind of cathartic release that i'm incapable of having thanks to the plague of overly critical thoughts, therefore i revel in the spectacle for the sake of reveling... it's like drinking a milkshake... you know it's a stupid decision, but it tastes sooo damn good.