Post subject: Bruce Feldman
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football ... rick-show/

Lighting up ESPN.

Post subject: Re: Bruce Feldman
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Bruce Feldman was a guest this morning on "The Dan Patrick Show", and he took his former employers in Bristol, CT and Craig James to the woodshed...Check this out.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/09/01/co ... left-espn/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
“If you’re a problem for them, you can’t exist in that world,” Feldman said.

I don't think that's the first time we've heard that kind of descriptor for the ESPN clique, is it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Don Tiny wrote:
“If you’re a problem for them, you can’t exist in that world,” Feldman said.

I don't think that's the first time we've heard that kind of descriptor for the ESPN clique, is it?

Unless you're Harry!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:02 pm 

Bruce really took his former employers to task during his chat with D.P. this morning. He says ESPN knew about the book he was writing, but they suddenly did an about face when ex-Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach threatened to sue the network about the book and Bruce's role in it. ESPN bosses then basically punished Bruce to a point where he was all but blacklisted or blackballed from any of the network's many platforms, based on what I heard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SHARK wrote:
ESPN bosses then basically punished Bruce to a point where he was all but blacklisted or blackballed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:07 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:10 pm 

and when i had went to my bosses at espn magazine, literally went up the food chain, one to the next to the next to tell them, they were clear on it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 pm 

Bruce Feldman wrote:
Now I don't want to even have to be associated with them. It's like touching a tar baby and you get, you get it, you know ... you are stuck and you are part of the problem now and you can't get away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
and when i had went to my bosses at espn magazine, literally went up the food chain, one to the next to the next to tell them, they were clear on it.

There might be a chain of delicious sausages from desk to desk in Bristol. Don't question his credibility

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:13 pm 

Something else that came out of the Bruce Feldman chat with Dan Patrick this morning. Don't invite him and ESPN/ABC analyst Craig James to the same party anytime soon. Feldman said that James lied about hiring a P.R. firm pertaining to his role in the firing of Mike Leach at Texas Tech. Patrick said after the interview that James should have been suspended by the "mother ship" as he refers to his former employers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Douchebag wrote:
Bruce Feldman wrote:
Now I don't want to even have to be associated with them. It's like touching a tar baby and you get, you get it, you know ... you are stuck and you are part of the problem now and you can't get away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:16 pm 

I didn't say it.

Neither did Feldman....

Last edited by Douchebag on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
ESPN bosses then basically punished Bruce to a point where he was all but blacklisted or blackballed

"In the black" OK?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I always say his name in the Jerry Lewis voice.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:20 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I always say his name in the Jerry Lewis voice.

I keep doing Bernsy's Scott Feldman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I heard this talked about on the Danny Mac show, how ESPN protects people and doesn't talk about things and it hurts their credibility.

I would ESPN pretty much has no credibility anymore,

A couple of cases in point, Mac said about the World Baseball Classic, only say good things about it or don't say anything about it all, and you have Skip Bayless come on tv and say when the Netherlands I think, beat a Latin country with mostly MLB players, Skip called it the Greatest Upset ever, over USA hockey over Russia.

Speaking of protecting Skip, on that First and 10 show, they didn't bring up the recent Troy Aikman stuff, Aikman says if he ever sees Skip he may fight him, because of a book Bayless wrote made it sound like Aikman was gay.

Never reported any Roethlisberger stuff untill there was too much pressure on them to report it.

They probably have so many stories to report, but they won't do it, because it could hurt somebody, just think if Texas gets caught with something big, what if the stuff that's happening at the U, happened at Texas, would they go crazy reporting it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
Something else that came out of the Bruce Feldman chat with Dan Patrick this morning. Don't invite him and ESPN/ABC analyst Craig James to the same party anytime soon. Feldman said that James lied about hiring a P.R. firm pertaining to his role in the firing of Mike Leach at Texas Tech. Patrick said after the interview that James should have been suspended by the "mother ship" as he refers to his former employers.

To be fair, it was a clear conflict of interest where James is concerned. He had no business presenting himself as an ESPN analyst in the situation because his lazy kid was involved.

If he had been presented as the parent of the lazy kid and not an analyst, it would be different, but given the incestuious world that is ESPN, that would never happen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:01 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

To be fair, it was a clear conflict of interest where James is concerned. He had no business presenting himself as an ESPN analyst in the situation because his lazy kid was involved.

If he had been presented as the parent of the lazy kid and not an analyst, it would be different, but given the incestuious world that is ESPN, that would never happen.

Craig James is still employed by the "Big Boys" in Bristol, CT, and I wonder if he used his ESPN/ABC ties to get Mike Leach fired at Texas Tech.

It won't stop C.J. & Mike Patrick from providing the call Saturday afternoon for the Western Michigan/Michigan game from Ann Arbor come 2:30p.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
Craig James is still employed by the "Big Boys" in Bristol, CT, and I wonder if he used his ESPN/ABC ties to get Mike Leach fired at Texas Tech. It won't stop Craig & Mike Patrick from providing the call Saturday afternoon for the Western Michigan/Michigan game from Ann Arbor come 2:30p.

Leach was getting canned anyway...the team had started to shit the bed and his antics weren't cute anymore. What James did was akin to pouring gasoline on a fire. James is nothing but a smarmy Caller Bob, and I cringe when I hear him on broadcasts. Luckily he's paired with Mike Patrick, who also sucks, so I can just avoid the games they do (unless the game is actually worth a damn).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:08 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Craig James is still employed by the "Big Boys" in Bristol, CT, and I wonder if he used his ESPN/ABC ties to get Mike Leach fired at Texas Tech. It won't stop Craig & Mike Patrick from providing the call Saturday afternoon for the Western Michigan/Michigan game from Ann Arbor come 2:30p.

Leach was getting canned anyway...the team had started to shit the bed and his antics weren't cute anymore. What James did was akin to pouring gasoline on a fire. James is nothing but a smarmy Caller Bob, and I cringe when I hear him on broadcasts. Luckily he's paired with Mike Patrick, who also sucks, so I can just avoid the games they do (unless the game is actually worth a damn).

Yes, the same Mike who always said, "DID YOU SEE THAT?" when he & Joe Theismann used to call "Sunday Night Football" on ESPN...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Northside_Dan wrote:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/heres-video-transcript-of-bruce-feldman-on-the-dan-patrick-show/

Lighting up ESPN.

All the more reason to hate ESPN. All the more reason to watch NFL and MLB Networks instead of ESPN. All the more reason to avoid ESPN Radio 1000.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:56 pm 

Feldman on Patrick was a good listen. Love seeing the cover being pulled back on ESPN.

Explain this to me; Why does ESPN have so much loyalty towards James? He is just a recent ESPN hire and as far as i know has no long term roots at the company.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:38 pm 

Quadrophenia wrote:
Feldman on Patrick was a good listen. Love seeing the cover being pulled back on ESPN.

Explain this to me; Why does ESPN have so much loyalty towards James? He is just a recent ESPN hire and as far as i know has no long term roots at the company.

I wish I could answer that. Craig James was at CBS Sports analyzing college football before joining ESPN/ABC a few years ago...