It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
After 13 years as an anchor at ESPN, Brian Kenny is on his way out of Bristol, CT, according to USA Today's Michael McCarthy. Just as Brian gets ready to sign off at ESPN's "World Headquarters", might he soon land new work elsewhere?

According to ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys, Brian will anchor his final 5p (CT) "SportsCenter" next month, coinciding with his contract expiring. "Brian did great work for us," Soltys said. "His contract was up and he found a new opportunity."

Although it's pre-empted for "Chicago's GameNight" locally most nights on ESPN Radio 1000, Kenny had hosted a nightly ESPN Radio show and ESPN2's "Friday Night Fights" in addition to anchoring the 5p (CT) weeknight "SportsCenter" for the "Worldwide Leader in Sports". He had also subbed for other ESPN Radio hosts such as Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick, before D.P. left about 3 years ago.

There are rumblings & grumblings that B.K. might be headed for the MLB Network, although network bosses are mum regarding such prospects. In addition to his other duties at ESPN, Brian has also hosted "Baseball Tonight", has previous PBP experience on "Wednesday Night Baseball" and the made-for-ESPN World Baseball Classic, and has even hosted the network's Baseball Hall of Fame Ceremony from Cooperstown, NY. Should Brian join MLBN, he'll be reunited with ex-ESPNers such as Harold Reynolds & Peter Gammons as part of a network available in some 57 million homes since launching in 2009.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Isn't Brian Kenny usually the boxing guy, I don't see him much in baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:29 pm 

reents wrote:
Isn't Brian Kenny usually the boxing guy, I don't see him much in baseball.

You are correct, Reents. When Charley Steiner left ESPN to become radio voice of the New York Yankees & currently the Los Angeles Dodgers on their respective radio networks, Kenny has been the boxing guy at the "Worldwide Leader". When it came to big PPV fights, B.K. was there...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SHARK wrote:
After 13 years as an anchor at ESPN, Brian Kenny is on his way out of Bristol, CT, according to USA Today's Michael McCarthy. Just as Brian gets ready to sign off at ESPN's "World Headquarters", might he soon land new work elsewhere?

According to ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys, Brian will anchor his final 5p (CT) "SportsCenter" next month, coinciding with his contract expiring. "Brian did great work for us," Soltys said. "His contract was up and he found a new opportunity."

Although it's pre-empted for "Chicago's GameNight" locally most nights on ESPN Radio 1000, Kenny had hosted a nightly ESPN Radio show and ESPN2's "Friday Night Fights" in addition to anchoring the 5p (CT) weeknight "SportsCenter" for the "Worldwide Leader in Sports". He had also subbed for other ESPN Radio hosts such as Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick, before D.P. left about 3 years ago.

There are rumblings & grumblings that B.K. might be headed for the MLB Network, although network bosses are mum regarding such prospects. In addition to his other duties at ESPN, Brian has also hosted "Baseball Tonight", has previous PBP experience on "Wednesday Night Baseball" and the made-for-ESPN World Baseball Classic, and has even hosted the network's Baseball Hall of Fame Ceremony from Cooperstown, NY. Should Brian join MLBN, he'll be reunited with ex-ESPNers such as Harold Reynolds & Peter Gammons as part of a network available in some 57 million homes since launching in 2009.

I liked ESPN's Friday Night Boxing Coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Yeah I'll miss his boxing coverage. His back-and-forths with Mayweather were always pretty amusing. Jonathan Coachman has filled in a few times on Friday Night Fights this year and clearly doesn't know the sport as well as Kenny.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:03 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Yeah I'll miss his boxing coverage. His back-and-forths with Mayweather were always pretty amusing. Jonathan Coachman has filled in a few times on Friday Night Fights this year and clearly doesn't know the sport as well as Kenny.

You would think "Coach" would know a thing or two about ringside. After all, he came to ESPN from the WWE...

Speaking of the Kenny/Mayweather interview, check this out...

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnewser ... ars_b13327

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 pm 

SHARK wrote:
You would think "Coach" would know a thing or two about ringside. After all, he came to ESPN from the WWE...

I'm not sure that knowing how to properly take a chair shot would give you good boxing thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Douchebag wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I'm not sure that knowing how to properly take a chair shot would give you good boxing thoughts.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Im just happy he's getting out of ESPN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
SHARK wrote:
Charley Steiner

My button 48 moment.....Ran into Charley at a local watering hole when he was in town for a BU event. Told him what a great job he did announcing the Jets games and then bummed a Kool off of him.

good man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
For all the new kids Button 48 means:

"We're happy for ya!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRM5acZivg&feature=related