It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Critics 3/27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

This one had to be addressed, so I sent it in. Hopefully it gets read - I'll be in a meeting, so someone let me know.

Quote:
YO YO YO YO JD, Silvy, and Carm,

I've got a SICK thumbs down for ESPN Nizz-ational for the INSANELY STUPID commercials with this jackass "Biker in Black" Rick Thorn. Screw him and screw ESPN Action Sports, I'm tired of hearing him on the Internet feed. Does anyone listen to this guy? Better yet, does anyone even know where to find this stupid show? Download THIS Rick: THUMBS DOWN DAWG!

Paul in Homer Glen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They would never read this...but thumbs down to the mandated teases. I'm so annoyed by them that I purposely put in music or listen to the Score until the segment thet teased is over. I want to puke after three times when Greeny does, but now everyone has to freakin do this at the station? My God, Justin Craig, is this really goin to be the norm? Suddenly, Dan Patrick is making a charge for the most listenable show. Say it ain't so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

How long until the “Fire Justin” t-shirts start getting printed? For all the talented hosts that station has, I can’t believe the mediocre line-up they trot out there day-in & day-out. So far, I’m not liking the new management regime. Hope it gets better, because these days I’m listening to about 80% WSCR, and I can’t say that I’m thrilled with their situation either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

You are not alone, Ryan. The sounds you hear before commercial breaks are thousands of radios across Chicagoland being tuned away from ESPN 1000 in a solidarity strike against L Justin Craig and his teases. I have a new-found appreciation for all the otherwise miserable shows in the radio universe that do NOT do teases. Radio is supposed to PLEASE ME, not tease me. This is just another radio fad brought to us by a hot shot kid manager who wants to make his mark. This too shall pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
You won't believe who doesn't believe that the teases are an idea whose time has come in a way you wouldn't believe...ah, hell, I suck at these.

It's me! I hate teases too.

I hate teases on my radio, in the dating world, when I go to my hair stylist. However, I do enjoy one at the gentleman's club.

Now if L. Justin could hook up a striptease before every commercial...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Part of it is there SO obvious and so forced. And the frequency of it just kills me. Once a show...once every other day, ok. Every damn 13 minutes? I can't take it. And no, Mac teasing me if "he's crossed the line" by going over a buddy's head and breaking man rules does not make me want to listen to ESPN 1000 anymore. Its annoying. Leave that crap for 5 - 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
guys...
you act like this is new. have you forgotten sports radio since the beginning of time?
they all do this. some more subtle than others.

"thumbs up, thumbs down....critics is next"

"in the 2nd hour i have Barry Zito....third hour Ron Jaworski. J-Stew is trying to land Larry Bird and Silvester Stallone is scheduled as well......coming up after the break...your phone calls and emails. bring it and don't suck, clones."

sure there's "more" of it but, jeez...
the word "tease" has been ingrained in your heads and all of you are now subconciously listening for any sort of tease. let it go.

moo!

it's supposed to be fun.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:45 pm 

And don't forget Doug, the grandaddy of 'em all:
We'll have a new contest announcement for you right after the break...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
You are right Doug. It is in my head. I will let it go now.

You won't believe what I am going to stop talking about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
"in the 2nd hour i have Barry Zito....third hour Ron Jaworski. J-Stew is trying to land Larry Bird and Silvester Stallone is scheduled as well......coming up after the break...your phone calls and emails. bring it and don't suck, clones."

Doug, at least from my education, those lines above are not teases like you think they are. That's simply telling us what to expect on the show. A tease is where you tell the listener part of what's coming next by not giving them the whole story so they can't help themselves but make it through the commercial.

Saying, "We got Barry Zito in our second hour" is pretty self explanatory.

Saying shit like this EVERY fuckin' 12 minutes:
"You won't believe what Barry Zito did this off-season if I gave you a thousand guesses. But you won't have to guess, he'll tell us next after this break on Mike and Mike, ESPN Radio!"

And the kicker is with ESPN 1000 and the now, GREENification of the MJH show, is that the payoff (actually this is normal in all radio) is so pathetic that after awhile you just want to blow your brains out.

Zito - "Yea Greeny, I went ice fishing with some of my buddies during the off-season. We didn't catch anything"

And while I'm at it, I swear to God if Mac, Silvy, or whoever starts saying stuff like,

"This has really taken a life of it's own"

when for the first hour and a half they talk about the same subject that every other guests doesn't think is a big deal, that'll be the end of me with this station. This is coming from someone who used to enjoy the Mike and Mike show. I've met Greeny (I know you're happy for me). I've read the book. I've just soured on that entire morning show and I'll be damned if we get "Mike and Mike: Chicago" instituted by the powers that be.

Then again, maybe I've also got a beef that it has now been over 3 months since I won a certain fantasy league without getting my prize that was supposed to be airlines tickets and a hotel stay..... 8)

Last edited by Woodridge Ryan on Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

i'm moderately afraid to ask......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:50 pm 

You guys couldn't be more correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Then again, maybe I've also got a beef that it has now been over 3 months since I won a certain fantasy league without getting my prize that was supposed to be airlines tickets and a hotel stay..... 8)

Where was the trip to? Maybe they are waiting for the rates to go down, you know like Phoenix in July. I thought they have been on the air before saying it had been taken care of. I'd be pissed too if I were you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

It had been taken care of. I got a call about three weeks ago saying its been fixed, sorry, and we'll be in touch to hook you up. Nothing since then. I have emailed to with no reply.

But back to the topic of importance, stop with teases.....wait a second, maybe this is prize is the ultimate Greeny tease?

Greeny - "Woodridge Ryan won the Silvy and Carmen fantasy foobtall league back on December 24th. You won't believe the debacle this has created for all of us. We'll tell you what the prize is and when he'll get it, next....sometime in April."

Golic - "On ESPN Radio!....I'M FAT! ISN'T THAT FUNNY!?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Honestly, I'd be really pissed if I were you. I know I've kidded you about "Silvy love", but this situation sucks. What has Silvy and Carmen said about this to you? I'd be bugging them, it seems to be their responsibility if they host a contest and then fail to deliver the promised prize. It sure reflects poorly on them. It seems to fit my impression of Silvy, a loud mouthed loser, especially if he fails to deliver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Weren't you on the air with them tonight? You should have called them out while you were on with them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
[quote "Spinnin' Bucket"]How long until the “Fire Justin” t-shirts start getting printed? [/quote]

probably right after the "fire lou" Tshirts start becoming available at the addison red line stop

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

guys, its not their fault and they've been the ones hounding the department that takes care of it. i've been fortunate to have them on my side in this. they've been going to bat for me and if it wasn't for them i probably wouldn't have even been contacted about it. from what i know the sales team just didnt have anything ready to go or something. adam delevitt has also been helping to get this hammered out. so on air talent and adam have been doing their part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jeez there simply isn't pleasing some of you. I can understand all the hate for North, Salisbury, Murph, Rogers, etc. Even then some of you take your hatred way too seriously (not that I haven't either at times). But now, I come on this board and see all of you obsessing about how you hate teases! Are you freakin' kidding me? Teases!!?!?? It would be one thing to just comment that you dislike them, but it's gone far beyond that. There are some of you who are really good posters here, who I would have never expected to become so anal. I'm disappointed.

Last edited by Contempt on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Quote:
I'm disappointed.

Find out why, after this....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Killer V wrote:
Quote:
I'm disappointed.

Find out why, after this....

LOL... solid. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas, sorry I try every year to get into NBA and NHL league and its just too damned hard. I participated in Big Fan FFL and did alright. You were just pissed because I wouldn't trade LaDanian.

I'm also extremely active in a league with the same group of guys for ten years. Just something about basketball and hockey that makes it damn near impossible to care no matter how interested I am in the pre-season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Contempt - I'm sorry. It is anal. I just have a certain respect for "good radio" and when good radio gets turned more and more into mothership formulaic crap, I get all pissy. Maybe I am Linda S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:45 am 
1000 CLUB

ryan your level of "good radio" is unattainable most of the time...
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:58 am 
1000 CLUB

I'd say MJH are what I'd look for in a show. HFC is right there as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 am 
1000 CLUB

like i said...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:55 am 

If I was you guys I'd take that "step on over to the other side". Boers and Bernstein from 2-6 on WSCR 670 The Score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Sorry Crumbs, there's that ever important Sox spring training game at 2:55 today. OH boy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:03 am 

:D I knew it was coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:08 am 

Quote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
ryan your level of "good radio" is unattainable most of the time...
8)

That's not true. Haven't you listened to podcasts of "Sports Underground"?