It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
(that was 60% me 40% old milwaukee's best ice speaking. but holy shit i'm almost ready to drop the joker "why so serious?" image macro)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:32 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
wow you're a messageboard dork, dude.

Nah man, Im really cool.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:56 pm 

DER HIPSTER RETORT!!!#@#@$@#

this is the song that made me like rap in the first place

latyrx - the bumpin contraption (recalibration)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:46 pm 

oh btw RPB, there's a reason you never tried rapping... it's hard. and you have to suck for a long time to make it good.

here's a freestyle i made in early 2006 --- http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/freestyles/sinifree.mp3

i mean like, say what you will, but you can prolly tell that i have more raw skill than you could ever hope to possess in the rap game.

(and hey, even if a troll, you told me that i had a failed rap career so you're going to eat this and like it)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:49 pm 

oh and for the record, here's a broken mp3 that shows you how i freestyle rapped in 2003 (the intro sample is me from 1998) --- http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/freestyles/ ... style!.mp3

as i said, you gotta suck for a LOOOOOOOOONNNGGGG time before you get halfway decent. ask bez, he'll tell you the same thing. there's something in you that has to have the intestinal fortitude to keep going even tho you and everyone else around you knows that you suck. and that's what i've harboured for ~13 years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:15 pm 

hip hop and rap are the same thing. anyone who tries to tell you different is a fool who wants to pretend that their favorite "hip hop" is vastly superior to the other 95% of "rap"

btw to bridge the gap from 03-06, here's a freestyle i recorded in 2004-05 on top of a more IDM/electronic type beat --- http://sinicalypse.kaen.org/freestyles/mcgrizzle.mp3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

i mean like, say what you will, but you can prolly tell that i have more raw skill than you could ever hope to possess in the rap game.

No

Your perserverence is noted

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

No

Your perserverence is noted

seriously dude, drunk bravado speaking, but like, trolling or otherwise you dissed me... so like, in the kindest way i can say it, shut the fuck up and leave the rapping to people who have skills and focus on raising your kid/s, mmmmmk?

i know it's dumb messageboard shit, and i've called you out for being a messageboard dork and technically i'm a bigger messageboard dork than you'll ever be... you dissed me. <latroy hawkins> i can do what you do, you can't do what i do </latroy hawkins> so like, just take it RPB. i might be a joke overall in the big picture in the rap game, but i spent 13 fucking years honing my skills to be this joke, aiiiiiight?!?!#

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
seriously dude, drunk bravado speaking, but like, trolling or otherwise you dissed me... so like, in the kindest way i can say it, shut the fuck up and leave the rapping to people who have skills and focus on raising your kid/s, mmmmmk?

Who said you have skills?

Leave the rapping? Im not trying to rap. Im just responding to your increasingly dumb ass statements.

I love that you think you live the life and that gives you some sort of credit here or anywhere.

And that you fashion yourself legit, yet seem to indicate my having a child as disqualifying me in this arena.

Which is funny since OKC is in a very similiar situation. Guess he's a suburban sell out too.

sinicalypse wrote:
i know it's dumb messageboard shit, and i've called you out for being a messageboard dork and technically i'm a bigger messageboard dork than you'll ever be... you dissed me. <latroy hawkins> i can do what you do, you can't do what i do </latroy hawkins> so like, just take it RPB. i might be a joke overall in the big picture in the rap game, but i spent 13 fucking years honing my skills to be this joke, aiiiiiight?!?!#

Its fun to watch you spin like this. You must be on some good shit.

Now Im gonna go listen to the stuff you posted. Im expecting it to be the best music myself or anyone else has ever heard. I mean it better be legit. I want you to come thru the speaker and rob me for my wallet kinda legit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:36 pm 

Please do not every put OKC and Sini in the same sentence regarding anything. Thanks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
So I guess the whole "I was just trolling to get a reaction" stuff was just a load of bullshit. Shocking. :roll:

So one has to actually have a failed rap career to speak about hip hop? Don't tell that to movie critics, sports analysts, or.....um....music critics who have never been directly involved in the subject they are covering.

And if someone thinks those freestyles you posted completely suck ass, it doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means they have a different opinion than you do.

If any of this is out of line, I'm just trolling so it's all good...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 pm 

Legendary Weapons-Ghostface, Az, MOP
Love Az's verse here

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
None of you hop hipsters down wit Diatribe?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Epitome and Soda Pop. Kamikaze Airlines mother fucker!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:19 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4hAVemuQXY&ob=av2e

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
MED f/ Blu- This Is Your Life (produced by Exile)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEJEx4qzUlY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:00 pm 

i get one more

for roger

Raekwon
9th Wonder

god i can't wait for this album to drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGAY67n ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:04 pm 

i lied

but i'm done now i promise

pete rock, smif n wessun, style p, sean price.......nice (it's a decent album...best track on the album tho)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZokp9VLHOM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:11 pm 

Like the Blu stuff, Bagels :thumleft:

I'll have to check the others when I get home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 pm 

Second Place-DJ Premier and Royce Da 5"9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:53 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

that's nice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:37 am 

if there's anything the exemplifies pure hip-hop to me, it's Usher & Taylor Swift

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:40 am 

Red, Meth, and B

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:39 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkSI5wYuHq4

NYG'z prod. Preemo

overused sample but nice track

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:25 am 

aight guys... whenever i post in here i purposely try to avoid going with my favorite groups every time (even tho that seems to be the non-hipster way of doing things) however there are times where i gotta go with my guys... especially when i find out there's a new-to-me cut that i evidently slept on when it dropped and i play it and it's like OMFG THERE'S A REASON I WAS THE ONLY CAT I KNEW WHO DROVE AROUND IN A CAR WITH TWO LATYRX STICKERS ON THE BACK WINDOW IN EARLY '99.

headnodic (feat latyrx) - movin on up

i think headnodic is some dj/producer dude who has been fuckin with the quannum cats for a minute... and im pretty sure this is some sort of a mixtape/mix-cd/album thingy... but HOLY SHIT this track kills it... ironically in a chilled and laid back way.

the beat is a reworking of an old latyrx/herbaliser 12", the 8 point agenda v2 beat... which is this really electronic funky chill yet bouncy beat thing... and for this one they kind of filter it and put a layer of haze over it and distort it ever slightly, and lateef (first verse) and lyrics born (2nd verse) kick some laid back chill style that doesn't prevent them from snapping hard with slick medium-high level vocab words and tight rhymes... it's a great juxtaposition... and

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

i nearly fell off of my chair when i heard LB's 2nd verse for the first time and early on he says something like "this shit is so easy i nearly fell asleep" --- that's how you get it done!

so yeah, even some of my non-hipster/non-hiphophead friends really like this one... one of them, whose rap tastes go about as far as "the clown" can take you, even said "there's hope for you and your music yet" when he heard this one... and this guy is "down with the clown" which means he's on a lead chip diet so that says something, dammit!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 am 

oh and as an added bonus, i'm going to toss something up that i can't find on youtube.

lately i've been going through my vast archives of CDs/DVDs accrued over the years... and there was a time, circa 98-05, when i used to get paid to cruise the internet for a living. i managed to amass a proper musical armada that could last a few lifetimes in case of armageddon... welp, one little joyous mp3 i found was this ~6min jaunt of dj q-bert going off and it's just so fucking excellent i have to share it

dj q-bert - doctor octagon showcase

this shit just owns. i was fortunate enough to see q-bert live once, circa 1999-2000 or something. this was back when the chicago "rave scene" had "d/evolved" into a revolving set of $25-35 "club nights" between the dolton expo center and the harvey expo center... these promoters would by and large get the same stale chicago "talent", hook in some sort of a semi/!!! headliner, and then justify charging you another $25-35 to get let into some big ol dumpy place with OK sound systems and hook up with their drug-dealing-buddies (total caste system to be selling the "mitsubishis" there, eh? i never fucked with that twink shit tho) and like, at one of these "raves" i got to see dj q-bert do his thing.

the legend/rumor/etc was that he got paid $5000 to do 30 mins... and 30 mins he did. you could have literally brought out a stopwatch and timed it to the second. this dude calmly walked up to the decks, put on a record or two... then went to fucking down obliterating the concept of "djing" as he did the most amazing spectacle of turntablism that i've ever seen live... his hands were a blur the whole time, and there were no gimmicks like dj swamp breaking a record in half and scratching on the remains or anything... it was pure and proper art, along with some sort of a trippy video playing on a screen behind him (it wouldn't surprise me if it was his old video wave twisters, which btw if you haven't seen it youtube that bitch or i reckon you can find a torrent pretty easily. it gets the sinihipster thumbs up)

and yeah. after q-bert i was treated to two tru playaz drum and bass crew guys (zinc and pascal, not hteir "leader" dj hype) and afterwards i got bored and dropped some acid... fortunately off in one of the little corner rooms some guy was playing squarepusher's burningn'n tree on wax without mixing it, so i vibed out on that, then had an epic 6am drive home with the sunrise cuz the acid was actually pretty decent and holy shit giant semis zipping past you at 85 on the dan ryan when your senses are heightened via LSD can be scary. the end.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 am 

Didn't read anything, just clicked the links.

First one: Not bad. Ok...

Second one: Not so much...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 am 

wait, it features Latryx? I'm shocked :wink:

there was actually a period of time, maybe a few weeks, where I was really into the whole Quannum crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 am 

Sini i just heard that BustaRhymes version of H.A.M.

He went medievil on that beat. Tortured it. Crazy. Blew Kanye and Jay out of the water.

Kanye's verse sucked anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:57 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

BTW, this is really lasting for me as far as bumping this song.

Not sick of it at all after a few months.

One of my favorites ever. Premo gon Premo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next