It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
When Turner/TBS Sports starts broadcasting exclusive coverage of the MLB Division Series this weekend and the National League Championship Series October 9th, Ernie Johnson, Jr. will not be part of the TimeWarner-owned network's exclusive coverage.

There is a legit reason why Ernie Jr. won't be working these games. According to the New York Times' Richard Sandomir, these aren't the best of times for Ernie's family. Ernie Jr.'s father Ernie Johnson, Sr., a longtime Braves' golden voice when TBS was the primary home of the Braves for many years, passed away August 12th. Now, Ernie Jr.'s 23 year-old son Michael has been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy and has been in intensive care for at least 2 weeks. Michael is expected to remain hospitalized for several more weeks, and Ernie Jr. is taking this time off to be closer to his ailing son.

Brian Anderson, who has called MLB Playoff baseball for TBS the past 3 seasons and called Phillies' pitcher Roy Halladay's no hitter in Game 1 of the NLDS vs. the Reds last October in Philadelphia, will move up to TBS' lead MLB crew for the Division Series and NLCS. Anderson, also the voice of the Brewers on FOX Sports Wisconsin, will work with MLB Network's John Smoltz & Mets/SNY analyst Ron Darling on TBS' playoff coverage.

Victor Rojas, who works with Smoltz on MLB Network and previously called Dodgers, Rangers & Diamondbacks' games, will call Division Series' games on TBS with Braves' analyst Joe Simpson. TBS will also bring back 2 other crews for Round 1 of the second season, Dick Stockton & Cubs' TV analyst Bob Brenly along with Red Sox/NESN PBP Don Orsillo & Buck Martinez. Matt Winer, Cal Ripken, Jr., Dennis Eckersley and David Wells will once again anchor TBS Sports' MLB coverage from the network's Atlanta studios.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
What about Orel?

Edit: Seriously though, after my intentional "E&I thread" bait, where is Orel doing games now?

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
What about Orel?

Edit: Seriously though, after my intentional "E&I thread" bait, where is Orel doing games now?

"Sunday Night Baseball" on ESPN, and I think he, Dan Shulman & Bobby Valentine will all be calling the World Series on ESPN Radio this year. Those duties used to belong to the white-collared Jon Miller and a certain crab-ass who runs the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY and can't stand Ryne Sandberg...You know the one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
SHARK wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
What about Orel?

"Sunday Night Baseball" on ESPN, and I think he, Dan Shulman & Bobby Valentine will all be calling the World Series on ESPN Radio this year. Those duties used to belong to the white-collared Jon Miller and a certain crab-ass who runs the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY and can't stand Ryne Sandberg...You know the one.

35th Street Slick?

I know, Joe Morgan

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.