It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Killer V wrote:
So Coop's not wanting to rely on Ozzie for his family's future is actually Coop and Ken working together to oust Ozzie...

He is a big league pitching coach. His family's future is fine....the playoff shares alone could put his kids through college.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Hey meat!

Ask Joe how he found out about ozzie's text sent to coop?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Douchebag wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I agree with Mac in the sense that I am done with the Ozzie shit. He's gone, its time to just move on. The sooner Cowley stops writing about it (and the shows tops talking about it) the better.

What? Mac is saying he's done with the Ozzie shit, yet he has Cowley come on his very own show?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank is just a blind loyal Sox fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Chicago Enquirer? That's a new one...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This has to suck for Ventura. He seems like a good guy who has been placed in the middle of a total fuck show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
SomeGuy wrote:
Joe also not arguing the point the Ozzie quit on the team.

Well not exactly, he only really admitted Ozzie quit on the idea he'd be back as Sox manager. "From 1-4 or 7-10" or whenever the games were he was totally focused on winning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 pm 

I love that Joe still thinks he's an objective "journalist.". Laughy face, lol, roflcopter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
WestmontMike wrote:
HA! He just told Mac to PTFB

Not that I didn't know Cowley was a douche before, but his "the public has a FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT to know the truth" rationale for writing another article sucking up to Ozzie was pathetic. I'm sure the founding fathers were concerned with newspaper hack journalists printing 1/2 truths about pro sports figures.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Outstanding find !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
So does anyone who does cocaine with him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Killer V wrote:
I love that Joe still thinks he's an objective "journalist.". Laughy face, lol, roflcopter.

There is no doubt Cowleys writings attack Kenny and now Cooper, but it does so because Cowley makes claims about how things happened and Kenny chooses not to comment, until of course the articles are written.

Cowley has said before, that Kenny and Cooper both have told him to stay away from them as they will not respond to any questions. Cooper even restated that this Friday.

Yes, knowing this I am sure Cowley writes things that he knows he will not ask them, but Kenny is a big boy, in a really big boy job and has the media skills of a Junior High baseball player. Kenny put himself in this place and has dug the hole ddeper with the "I am not talking to you" or for that part most anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Cowley has destroyed any possible thoughts of his professionalism. Can't see many sports people wanting to talk to him. His reputation is ruined when it comes to professionalism and objectivity.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
That's fine. Never been one to believe in the "LAWS and ETHICS" of Journalism because they seem to bring them up when convenient, as in the case of Pearlman. Could care less about their ethics, etc, but if they write well and can entertain while doing so is fine with me.

And dislike Cowley and Jay all you want, they create well written documents and they get people talking which is their jobs.

I just don't think he lies. I think he makes some assumptions to fill in things that he has no responses about, but none of the issues that he has reported on have been made up. They have all occurred. Who did exactly what and who said what can be debated, but I just can't blame Cowley for not having every fact when some of the parties refuse to comment, until the story is out.

Call Cowley a gossip writer for all I care, but who had the Tiger Woods stories first? Gossip

Next : Cowley reports: Kenny Williams is an alien!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jay created well written pieces, Joe writes like Mac, amateurish.

Last edited by Score is doomed on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:59 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I just don't think he lies. I think he makes some assumptions to fill in things that he has no responses about, but none of the issues that he has reported on have been made up. They have all occurred. Who did exactly what and who said what can be debated, but I just can't blame Cowley for not having every fact when some of the parties refuse to comment, until the story is out.

No, he writes what Ozzie wants...Ozzie's assumptions, Ozzie's point of view....and he maintains that he's an objective journalist just reporting the story. A competent "journalist" doesn't print a story without verifying his facts. Cowley gets his facts from Ozzie....no verification necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
bigfan wrote:
And dislike Cowley and Jay all you want, they create well written documents and they get people talking which is their jobs.

This idea is the reason that our media--sports, news, and otherwise--are a big screaming shitshow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
bigfan wrote:
Killer V wrote:

There is no doubt Cowleys writings attack Kenny and now Cooper, but it does so because Cowley makes claims about how things happened and Kenny chooses not to comment, until of course the articles are written.

Cowley has said before, that Kenny and Cooper both have told him to stay away from them as they will not respond to any questions. Cooper even restated that this Friday.

Yes, knowing this I am sure Cowley writes things that he knows he will not ask them, but Kenny is a big boy, in a really big boy job and has the media skills of a Junior High baseball player. Kenny put himself in this place and has dug the hole ddeper with the "I am not talking to you" or for that part most anyone else.

the thing is the overwhelming majority of people don't give a fuck about anything that cowley writes, nobody cares about the dumb drama and ozzie is gone... if kenny was smart he would have leaked a phony name to cowley to run with and look foolish, then have a legit journalist with the trib break the ventura story.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:
That's fine. Never been one to believe in the "LAWS and ETHICS" of Journalism because they seem to bring them up when convenient, as in the case of Pearlman. Could care less about their ethics, etc, but if they write well and can entertain while doing so is fine with me.

Call Cowley a gossip writer for all I care, but who had the Tiger Woods stories first? Gossip

Next : Cowley reports: Kenny Williams is an alien!

Yeah, yeah.

He is a piece of shit hack that sucks Ozzies cock, writes what Ozzie wants written and is just another turd.

He has no professionalism.