Post subject: Re: 10/11 - Mac and Goff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I would rather they play some Hank III.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: egg store
LOL

Hub did mention that how can we know for certain that Roy Williams was a Mike Martz signing?

But seriously, who would honestly pay for his services. I know Angelo is bad, but not that bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I vote Scorehead for player/quarterback of this team.

Its win win- the team would be fun bad to watch for a while, and then he would get his arm broken or something so he wouldn't be able to post here either.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I vote Scorehead for player/quarterback of this team.

Its win win- the team would be fun bad to watch for a while, and then he would get his arm broken or something so he wouldn't be able to post here either.

I have people to post for me.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
I usually listen to W&S but since Meatpants is out I listened to the majority of this show today and enjoyed it. Why Holmes gets his own show (or a job on the Ch. 5 news) over Goff is beyond me.

I don't get it either. The reunion (of sorts) Sunday nights with Laurence and his former midday show partner "Stuttering" Dan Hampton is bad enough during football season on NBC5. The only reason why Holmes even did the sports on Saturday night's NBC5 News at 10p is because Paula Faris & Mike Adamle had to wake up extra early for the station's live coverage of Sunday's Bank of America Chicago Marathon that pre-empted NBC News' "Today Show", NBC5's 8a Sunday morning news, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
I'd rather hear a Guillen kid (nails - chalk board voices) read Gone with the Wind in Spanish than listen to Larry on the radio.
The Arnold Jackson scretching and the Dan Bernstein voice pattern imitations are push button radio for me but......
NBC5 and the cast they assembled is priceless I swear this will become an SNL kit one day soon.

You've got a fairly attractive young lady surrounded by 3 of the biggest misfits this side of an Occupy Wall St. march.
Larry - the guy has such obvious issues being around women that he looks like he's either going to pass out or rape her during the commercial.
Dan - loved the player but what a complete idiot. His stammering and messed up cliches make Jessie Rogers look bright.
Mike - the star of the show. He make the Boom Goes the Dynamite kid look like Bob Costas. I seriously think he's coked up.

This is can't miss television.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
8675309 wrote:
I'd rather hear a Guillen kid (nails - chalk board voices) read Gone with the Wind in Spanish than listen to Larry on the radio.
The Arnold Jackson scretching and the Dan Bernstein voice pattern imitations are push button radio for me but......
NBC5 and the cast they assembled is priceless I swear this will become an SNL kit one day soon.

You've got a fairly attractive young lady surrounded by 3 of the biggest misfits this side of an Occupy Wall St. march.
Larry - the guy has such obvious issues being around women that he looks like he's either going to pass out or rape her during the commercial.
Dan - loved the player but what a complete idiot. His stammering and messed up cliches make Jessie Rogers look bright.
Mike - the star of the show. He make the Boom Goes the Dynamite kid look like Bob Costas. I seriously think he's coked up.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:50 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
As usual, Hub was 100% correct in his analyses of the Bears shitfest..

As usual?

Are you crazy?

Sometimes.

hub is rarely correct, he said martz was not a problem today...that could not be further from the trurh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:52 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I usually listen to W&S but since Meatpants is out I listened to the majority of this show today and enjoyed it. Why Holmes gets his own show (or a job on the Ch. 5 news) over Goff is beyond me.

agreed....goff and macnel was a real good show today...goff needs to replace meatpants... spiegal needs to replace larry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's/Dominos
312player wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

agreed....goff and macnel was a real good show today...goff needs to replace meatpants... spiegal needs to replace larry

There is NO way Spiegal can carry his own show for 4 hours! He HAS to have a partner, but Laurence's spot is fine the way it is, as long as he doesn't go too far off on his comic tangents.

You left me a message I DID NOT listen to....what was it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 pm 

MxdCookie wrote:
312player wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

There is NO way Spiegal can carry his own show for 4 hours! He HAS to have a partner, but Laurence's spot is fine the way it is, as long as he doesn't go too far off on his comic tangents.

i remember spiegal late nights solo on another station...but i think the score carried it from the east coast?...the show was good...meatpants is better solo..he keeps it strictly sports...he is not good with a partner and talking outside of sports...larry is just a turd and his ratings have got to suck, for every 1 listener there are maybe a dozen who can not stomach ten minutes of that turds show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
312player wrote:
i remember spiegal late nights solo on another station...but i think the score carried it from the east coast?...the show was good.

One on One sports overnights from Northbrook, I think.

Used to listen to him when I would take my son on late night sleepy rides.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:14 pm 

312player wrote:
MxdCookie wrote:

i remember spiegal late nights solo on another station...but i think the score carried it from the east coast?...the show was good...meatpants is better solo..he keeps it strictly sports...he is not good with a partner and talking outside of sports...larry is just a turd and his ratings have got to suck, for every 1 listener there are maybe a dozen who can not stomach ten minutes of that turds show.

I admit, I've never heard Spiegal solo, so maybe he is better that way, but I don't think he should take Laurence's slot. I think his audience is just different than the shows the rest of the station is broadcasting to. He is definitely too corny at times and gets way off topic (whether sports or anything else,) but aside from that I think he's come a long way. Years ago, it made my ears bleed to listen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Meat might be better solo actually. The things about him that annoy me are his personal life stories and when he goes on a condescending tirade on someone. If he were alone I doubt he would do either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:17 pm 

8675309 wrote:

That synopsis is priceless! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
312player wrote:
i remember spiegal late nights solo on another station...but i think the score carried it from the east coast?...the show was good.

One on One sports overnights from Northbrook, I think.

Used to listen to him when I would take my son on late night sleepy rides.

was it called sporting news radio?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Yes it was. thanks 312.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Spiegel not bad on the radio, in my opinoin, what makes Goff better right now is that Goff gets it and Spiegel doesn't.

What I mean is Goff knows it's time talk football and Spiegel would rather talk baseball than football, I would say Spiegel is a football fan, but if he was here this week, would he have watched football on Sunday or Baseball.

2 Cases in Point- During the pre-season, when it was getting close to Bears-Bills, Goff said I can't wait just to see some guys hitting each other, and when Spiegel was on, Mac said on Monday it will be about 4 hours of Bears-Bills and Spiegel sounded shocked that they would do that much.

Also, when and I will say Baseball had a great last day of the regular season and when Spiegel was on he was happy about it and then said it was better than any NFL Sunday, I know there is some would agree, but most would disagree. Baseball made a good call ending the season on a Wednesday than the usuall Sunday, but if that was Sunday, people may not have known untill that night what happenend.

A little side not about the MLB playoffs, the first 2 games of Brewers-Cardinals on TBS are the lowest ratings ever for League Championship games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'm glad Spiegel doesn't cater to Mac anymore.

Someone should talk about baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SHARK wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I don't get it either. The reunion (of sorts) Sunday nights with Laurence and his former midday show partner "Stuttering" Dan Hampton is bad enough during football season on NBC5. The only reason why Holmes even did the sports on Saturday night's NBC5 News at 10p is because Paula Faris & Mike Adamle had to wake up extra early for the station's live coverage of Sunday's Bank of America Chicago Marathon that pre-empted NBC News' "Today Show", NBC5's 8a Sunday morning news, etc.

Thats some amazingly bad shit. Larry, Danny and Mikey. Paula's hot legs are in every shot, even when she was not, Larry cant help spending 30 seconds of his 45 second answer giving out his emails, tweets and blogs. Hampton can't speak and Adamle answers questions with questions like he is hosting the show still?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 am 

bigfan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Thats some amazingly bad shit. Larry, Danny and Mikey. Paula's hot legs are in every shot, even when she was not, Larry cant help spending 30 seconds of his 45 second answer giving out his emails, tweets and blogs. Hampton can't speak and Adamle answers questions with questions like he is hosting the show still?

That show is the definition of both a trainwreck, and 'fun bad.' You can't take your eyes off it because of how bad it is.