It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harbaugh is Weird?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:44 pm 

Meatpants referenced a conversation with Dan detailing how Harbaugh is weird and has been for a long time. I have never heard anything about Harbaugh being something other than straight laced and excessively normal. Does anyone have some insight into what Dan meant?

Post subject: Re: Harbaugh is Weird?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Meat throws out a lot of accusations about national sports personalities that may be completely off based. He torched John Lackey last week for being a huge asshole his entire career and while he may have been this past year it couldn't be further from the truth when he was in L.A of A.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mac talked about some stuff after this past year's Orange Bowl, there were a couple of things he said, but right now the only thing I can remember is when Harbaugh went to the Colts and threw a touchdown pass in the pre-season against the Bears, Harbaugh put his arms out like a jet and ran past the Bears sideline.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I thought it was more in line with the fact that Harbaugh is a bit of a jag...the Colts game reference along with the incident with that asshat Pete Carrol after a game against USC.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:05 pm 

but Mac really emphasized weird, like there is one girl, another girl and a vessel for drinking in his past or something

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Is he into feet?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Back in the day, at Kincades, Harbaugh used to come in with RoboToe a lot. Especially On Saturdays, during the day to watch some college football. Got to talk to him a ton as the place was not that crowded during the day. First time he was there, said he didn't have any cash on him, asked if he could get me next time....then dropped a "You know who I am?"

Later that night, the owner told me not to charge him, assuming he tipped well enough. Well he didnt tip me at all.

2 Weeks later he is in, gives me a "Hey buddy" orders up some drunks, blah blah, he is about to leave and says "Do I owe you anything?" (Was about $40 in drinks and apps). I explained a tip would be nice, He broke out a $20 and asked if I had change. Told him I didn't (Lol). Said I could get him next time, kept the $20.

His nickname among players was "DOG" as in one that tries to fuck everything. The guy was a pussy hound.

Saw him years later in Vegas, playing $5 Blackjack at the MGM. Yes, $5 hands of Blackjack for the Colts QB at the time.

One other thing I remember was when the Bears drafted him he didnt play and would beg Ditka to play kickoff and ount team coverage just to get on the field. So you know he is a little nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:44 pm 

Must have been before he found his personal lord and savior.....reach out and touch Faith.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:42 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
No Clever Moniker wrote:
....reach out and touch Faith.

Yes please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am 

bigfan wrote:
Back in the day, at Kincades, Harbaugh used to come in with RoboToe a lot. Especially On Saturdays, during the day to watch some college football. Got to talk to him a ton as the place was not that crowded during the day. First time he was there, said he didn't have any cash on him, asked if he could get me next time....then dropped a "You know who I am?"

Later that night, the owner told me not to charge him, assuming he tipped well enough. Well he didnt tip me at all.

2 Weeks later he is in, gives me a "Hey buddy" orders up some drunks, blah blah, he is about to leave and says "Do I owe you anything?" (Was about $40 in drinks and apps). I explained a tip would be nice, He broke out a $20 and asked if I had change. Told him I didn't (Lol). Said I could get him next time, kept the $20.

His nickname among players was "DOG" as in one that tries to fuck everything. The guy was a pussy hound.

Saw him years later in Vegas, playing $5 Blackjack at the MGM. Yes, $5 hands of Blackjack for the Colts QB at the time.

One other thing I remember was when the Bears drafted him he didnt play and would beg Ditka to play kickoff and ount team coverage just to get on the field. So you know he is a little nuts.

I guess it is better than going bankrupt but that is pretty miserly.

Bigfan, are you Highlander. You seem to be in your 20s from the 1970s until the 2000s.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I guess it is better than going bankrupt but that is pretty miserly.

Bigfan, are you Highlander. You seem to be in your 20s from the 1970s until the 2000s.

Kincades didnt open until 87? 88? Unless you attended another Kincades I am unaware of.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:56 pm 

good dolphin didn't open until well after that. I always figured that was an old school lincoln park bar that became popular because of its 4 am license.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin didn't open until well after that. I always figured that was an old school lincoln park bar that became popular because of its 4 am license.

Might have been a joint that he bought and cleaned up, he did that with Kelseys. When I started working there it was clean, but empty.