It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
If you are a fan of motorsports coverage on Speed, college football on FX, as well as extreme sports on Fuel TV, you might not like what I'm about to report.

The parent company of these networks, News Corp., is reportedly at odds with DIRECTV over higher fees they want to charge the satellite provider to continue broadcasting these channels. DIRECTV has threatened to stop carrying these FOX-owned cable networks November 1st unless a new carriage fee is squared away.

In a statement, DIRECTV CEO Mike White says that News Corp. "has demanded that DIRECTV customers pay 40% more for the same channels they already received. If a new deal isn't reached, we will be forced to suspend the channels as early as November 1st."

FOX has responded with a statement of its own, claiming they are disappointed that DIRECTV has gone public "and have chosen bad faith tactics over meaningful negotiation." They have proposed to allow DIRECTV to continue airing these channels for the current price while negotiations continue. A FOX executive also added that White's increase figure of 40% is "ridiculous."

If there is no new agreement, here's what it means for DIRECTV customers. Speed, FX, Fuel TV, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer PLUS, National Geographic Channel, FOX Movie Channel, FOX Deportes and the 19 FOX Sports regional networks across America would disappear from your system. FOX32 (or FOX Chicago as they call themselves) locally, as well as FOX News Channel & the FOX Business Network are not affected by this dispute.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This is a bunch of crap....Wonder if they are doing the same thing to Dish Network, Comcast and others...hard to belive they are singling out Directv.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:53 pm 

I think DISH Network did threaten to pull the plug on all FOX channels, including the local stations, FOX News Channel & FOX Business Network over similar fees a couple years ago.

I also remember when they first signed on the air, Yankee fans couldn't get the YES Network at the start over a similar dispute with cable operators in the New York metro area. I think the Big Ten Network, which is also part of the FOX cable family, and the NFL Network have also experienced similar issues over rights' fees.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I thought Rupert Murdoch owned DirecTV?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Somebody put this in the wrestling, MMa Section, and the way I read it, Fox would pull all their channels from Directv, even the local ones.

Can I ask a weird question if they are pulling the locals, would that affect the NFL SUnday Ticket since they have the Fox Games or because their not local, doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:36 pm 

I don't think that would matter. The NFL owns the rights to those games. They could replay them on Current if they wanted to and Rupert Murdoch would have to eat shit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:22 am 

I got the message on Directv about this and they put it wouldn't affect the local channels or Fox News.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:52 am 

reents wrote:
I got the message on Directv about this and they put it wouldn't affect the local channels or Fox News.

That's worst.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 pm 

Although they're not affected by the dispute involving 27 specialty channels in total and 19 FOX Sports regional networks across America right now, there's a chance you could say goodbye to FOX32, FOX-owned My50, as well as FOX News Channel & FOX Business Network in the coming months, too.

There are 2 separate rights' deals also on the verge of expiring. FOX32, My50 and 25 other owned FOX Television Stations have a deal set to expire on December 31st of this year. A second deal, this involving FOX News & FOX Business, expires January 31st, 2012.

What does it all mean? FX, SPEED, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic WILD!, FOX Movie Channel, and those FS regional networks could be history Tuesday if there's no new deal with DIRECTV. FOX32 & My50 could be history come December 31st, with FOX News, FOX Business and maybe even BTN, which FOX has a stake in, could be history January 31st.

For more information, FOX has set up the following:

Phone: 1-866-KEEP MY NETS
Web: KeepMyNets.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
SHARK, wanna watch FX at my house? $5 cover.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:45 pm 

They worked it out and the channels will be saved.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
SHARK wrote:
If you are a fan of ... college football on FX

who the fuck is a fan of college football on FX? they get something like 4th-rate crap games that are either i-don't-care-state versus the university of who gives a fuck, or it's oklahoma versus a highschool team and something like 58-3 by halftime. they're just filler, TBH....

all FX is good for is their desire to play movies for 2/3 of the day, coupled with their "daring shows" like sons of anarchy, archer, always sunny, and of course... WILFRED!!!#!@$#@$#@ now they've nabbed 2.5 men and how i met your mother or some dumb shit so they can pad around hteir schedule of nothing but movies with the occasional "fox, but contrived in its desire to be edgier" dramas like SOA stuff.... cuz seriously, shark, their college football games fucking blow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:02 pm 

It appears as if DIRECTV & FOX's parent company News Corp. have averted what would have been doomsday for some 27 specialty networks. Here's the lowdown:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... eement.php

Post subject: Lyon Soccer Jerseys
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: pqr283
[img]/images/nike-kobe-hyperdunk/nike-kobe-hyperdunk-2010-low-black-white-429656-001.jpg[/img]
Nike Kobe Hyperdunk 2010 Low Black White 429656 001
They are better than what you think,Lyon Soccer Jerseys, if you are interested in them just purchase them you will fall in love with them in the end.Kobe basketball shoes have put more new designs to meet customers' high requirements. Therefore Nike Zoom Kobe Dream Season are warmly welcomed by consumers.the actual adidas ninety is really a large show associated with nike adidas panda has. this features the du. baloney inexpensive nike atmosphere maximum 09qid20 rable single, nike kobe adidas panda has as well as furthermore provides the actual front foot along with attractive large atmosphere maximum device within the back heel. the actual maximum ninety shoes is really a light-weight as well as breathable nike because associated with it's nylon uppers. here's a good meaning from the adidas exclusively lowcost nike shox with regard to kids maximum ninety gs panda, the panda to fix the actual nike dunk adidas panda has quantity about the language,Adidas PRO Model, the blossom conference about the top tilt, as well as obvious cowhide features.