It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
KDdidit wrote:
The offense hardly works now. That being said I hope the Broncos win enough to keep Tebow in as the hand wringing about how bad he is entertains me.

+1
in it for the lulz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:49 pm 

Indy gets Andrew Lucky

Peyton gets traded to his dad's team, the Saints

Saints let Brees walk (final yr of his deal right now)

Chargers trade Rivers to the Viking. (unless Rivers is a free agent too)

Chargers reunite with Brees.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
SHARK wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I could see Harbaugh making a trade like the Ditka - Ricky Williams trade. Trade 4 or 5 players for the first draft pick.
What would happen if Luck says that he will only play for the Niners? If someone else drafts him & he sits out for a year, does the team that drafted him still own his rights, or is Luck able to sign with whoever he wants?

A couple things here

No one is ever making a Ditka Ricky Williams like trade again. It set the franchise back years.

Alex Smith is playing very well. Im not a fan of his but if the Niners are really that close they probably dont wanna use a first rd pick on a position already playing well.

And if he was drafted and didnt sign he would go back into the draft pool the next year

If you wanted to find the term "game manager" in a dictionary, you'd find not only Kyle Orton's name when he started 10 games for the Bears in 2005, but Alex Smith's name now. A lot of people aren't convinced Alex is the long-term quarterback out there in San Francisco, despite the Niners' 8-1 record now.

i dont see whats wrong with being a good "game manager" if your system works well around it. if you have a defense that forces turnovers, a smart "game manager" might be just what the doctor ordered. besides, why would a team on the rise like the 49ers trade all of their draft choices for an unproven rookie QB? that would piss me off if i were a niners fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I could see Harbaugh making a trade like the Ditka - Ricky Williams trade. Trade 4 or 5 players for the first draft pick.
What would happen if Luck says that he will only play for the Niners? If someone else drafts him & he sits out for a year, does the team that drafted him still own his rights, or is Luck able to sign with whoever he wants?

A couple things here

No one is ever making a Ditka Ricky Williams like trade again. It set the franchise back years.

Alex Smith is playing very well. Im not a fan of his but if the Niners are really that close they probably dont wanna use a first rd pick on a position already playing well.

And if he was drafted and didnt sign he would go back into the draft pool the next year

RpB... Look up what the falcons traded to get julio jones... Don't count out desperation...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
RpB... Look up what the falcons traded to get julio jones... Don't count out desperation...

Did they give up 8 picks including 2 #1's, a #2, and 2 #3's?

How did the Redskins not build a dynasty after that? And why did Ditka do that? We already saw it with the Herschel trade

Charlie Casserly gave up the fifth selection in the first round of the 1999 draft that Mike Ditka used on Ricky Williams for all six of Iron Mike's picks that year (1-12, 3-71, 4-107, 5-144, 6-179 and 7-218) plus 1st and 3rd-round choices in 2000 that became the 2nd and 64th overall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Indy gets Andrew Lucky

Peyton gets traded to his dad's team, the Saints

Saints let Brees walk (final yr of his deal right now)

Chargers trade Rivers to the Viking. (unless Rivers is a free agent too)

Chargers reunite with Brees.

If that happenend, that would be unbelievable, and just wonder who would be the big winner of that, possibly the Vikings.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:59 pm 

Everyone hating on the Urban meyer system saying it can't work in the NfL really is not watching the Broncos play... People need to lay off the groupthink and watch how good that young denver offensive line is playing... Also keep in mind, Tebow was the most all around talented qb to ever play in the Urb.Meyer spread offense... I watched aaron curry walk up to tebow after the raiders game and tell tebow he believed in him... I believe in the offense. The running lanes being opened are impressive. People aren't looking @ the deception and the wrong step weight displacement meyer's offense does to a defense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Jbi11s wrote:
Everyone hating on the Urban meyer system saying it can't work in the NfL really is not watching the Broncos play... People need to lay off the groupthink and watch how good that young denver offensive line is playing... Also keep in mind, Tebow was the most all around talented qb to ever play in the Urb.Meyer spread offense... I watched aaron curry walk up to tebow after the raiders game and tell tebow he believed in him... I believe in the offense. The running lanes being opened are impressive. People aren't looking @ the deception and the wrong step weight displacement meyer's offense does to a defense.

Exactly. I get a kick out of people who say the spread cant work in the NFL. Any system or scheme can work with the right players & coaches. I never ever thought that John Fox had it in him to adjust his scheme & style to fit Tebow & I give him credit for doing so.
Don't look now, but the Broncos are 1 game out of first place!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Indy will trade Peyton to the Saints.

Brees will sign with Indy as a FA.

Indy will trade the first pick to Denver for their first pick and the linebacker they drafted in the 1st rd this past year.

Denver will trade Timmie to the Dolphins or Bucs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Indy will trade the first pick to Denver for their first pick and the linebacker they drafted in the 1st rd this past year.

e. none of the above

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

e. none of the above

Those would make for a fun off season though. I doubt any actually happen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
reents wrote:
That's why Thursday game against the Jets is intresting, the last time Tebow played at home, the Lions drilled them, and the Jets need this game or there playoffs hopes could be in trouble.

you can win games with a bad quarterback...look at vince young in tennesee or grossman here..but tebow will get exposed on thursday against the jets....and the jets crush the broncos...but sanchez is a bad qb as well....neither of these guys will be starting this time next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SHARK wrote:
reents wrote:
I just hope Tebow isn't hurting the team with these wins, from this standpoint, there is no chance of Andrew Luck landing in Denver.

Listening to the offense Tebow runs, it could be like the Wild cat, worked for about a year, then teams figured it out and now you don't see Wild cat much.

Nice to get the wins, but just hope is doesn't set the franchis back a couple years.

Not so fast, Reents. Andrew Luck is Denver-bound, in part because his father and ex-NFL QB Oliver is going to see to it that he doesn't go to Indianapolis or any of the other teams that suck. Watch. This is John Elway, circa 1983 and Eli "Rex Grossman with a Ring" Manning all over again.

As for Tim Tebow, his season is going to end soon. He's not going to get away with throwing just 2 of 6 like he did yesterday vs. a bad Chiefs' team and expect to win.

1.) You're my guy SHARK, but I'd suggest stop calling Eli "Rex with a ring". It's completely inaccurate and makes you sound silly. Eli is a pretty damn good QB. Rex is terrible.

2.) I think you're wrong about Denver-bound. There's no inclination Denver is even looking to pay the king's ransom it would take to get luck. I also think Scorehead has it backwards. I think Indy will definitely get Luck and then I think they trade Peyton to the 49ers.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 pm 

Come on guys. To even suggest Peyton Manning will be traded is just fucking silly... Manning was one of the people who talked Luck into staying @ stanford in the first place... IF Manning can return, he'll have a year to mentor Luck. I doubt Luck is thrown to the dogs in year one, if he's a colt...

While I doubt Elway will pull a ditka, we can't say for sure what his management style is yet cus there is no real sample size.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Come on guys. To even suggest Peyton Manning will be traded is just fucking silly... Manning was one of the people who talked Luck into staying @ stanford in the first place... IF Manning can return, he'll have a year to mentor Luck. I doubt Luck is thrown to the dogs in year one, if he's a colt...

While I doubt Elway will pull a ditka, we can't say for sure what his management style is yet cus there is no real sample size.

What do you mean throw him to the dogs? He's a much better prospect than Cam or Dalton was and they have played really well as rookies so far. The whole "rookies need to suck" myth has been destroyed. And if Favre can play for the Jets, Peyton can certainly wear a non-colt uniform next season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:45 pm 

Didn't Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan both play their rook seasons?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:49 pm 

Colts appear to need more than just a healthy Peyton Manning to have any hope of returning to the Super Bowl.

Manning's in the last years of his career, letting him go to a team with a chance to compete in 2012-2013 would be a stand-up move by Indy. Heck, 49ers let Montana walk. Dolphins might've done Marino favor by moving him to a competitive team.

Trade Manning for some pieces to complement Luck in a few years, throw Luck in there from day 1 and by the time Peyton's ready to retire from the Saints, Indy will be back in contention.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
reents wrote:
I just hope Tebow isn't hurting the team with these wins, from this standpoint, there is no chance of Andrew Luck landing in Denver.

Listening to the offense Tebow runs, it could be like the Wild cat, worked for about a year, then teams figured it out and now you don't see Wild cat much.

Nice to get the wins, but just hope is doesn't set the franchis back a couple years.

Not so fast, Reents. Andrew Luck is Denver-bound, in part because his father and ex-NFL QB Oliver is going to see to it that he doesn't go to Indianapolis or any of the other teams that suck. Watch. This is John Elway, circa 1983 and Eli "Rex Grossman with a Ring" Manning all over again.

As for Tim Tebow, his season is going to end soon. He's not going to get away with throwing just 2 of 6 like he did yesterday vs. a bad Chiefs' team and expect to win.

1.) You're my guy SHARK, but I'd suggest stop calling Eli "Rex with a ring". It's completely inaccurate and makes you sound silly. Eli is a pretty damn good QB. Rex is terrible.

2.) I think you're wrong about Denver-bound. There's no inclination Denver is even looking to pay the king's ransom it would take to get luck. I also think Scorehead has it backwards. I think Indy will definitely get Luck and then I think they trade Peyton to the 49ers.

Well, I did say that if any team is able to pull off a deal for Luck that it would be the Niners.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 am 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Colts appear to need more than just a healthy Peyton Manning to have any hope of returning to the Super Bowl.

Manning's in the last years of his career, letting him go to a team with a chance to compete in 2012-2013 would be a stand-up move by Indy. Heck, 49ers let Montana walk. Dolphins might've done Marino favor by moving him to a competitive team.

Trade Manning for some pieces to complement Luck in a few years, throw Luck in there from day 1 and by the time Peyton's ready to retire from the Saints, Indy will be back in contention.

Why would the Saints trade for Manning when he is older and probably not as good as their current QB? Makes zero sense. It makes a ton more sense for a team like SF, Minnesota, the Jets to trade for him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 am 

Scorehead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Well, I did say that if any team is able to pull off a deal for Luck that it would be the Niners.

I know you did. And I disagree. I don't think there's a chance Indy trades the pick when they land Luck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:11 am 

Oh, ok. I mis-read your post to say that the Colts will trade Luck to the Niners.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:18 pm 

312player wrote:
reents wrote:
That's why Thursday game against the Jets is intresting, the last time Tebow played at home, the Lions drilled them, and the Jets need this game or there playoffs hopes could be in trouble.

you can win games with a bad quarterback...look at vince young in tennesee or grossman here..but tebow will get exposed on thursday against the jets....and the jets crush the broncos...but sanchez is a bad qb as well....neither of these guys will be starting this time next season.

Sanchez has been playing decent recently. I think he's bad too but he hasnt been awful this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:41 pm 

Lulz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:55 pm 

Tebow - Winning. The kid does it again, & his team mates absolutely love him.

As for the Jets, the fat ass blow hard foot lover is a fraud. Keep talking Rex.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It defies explanation.

It won't last, but its effective now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: ------
KDdidit wrote:

She definitely has the loyalty to the Broncos thing down cause thats a horse face. Great body though. No matter what that shirt says I bet she would let Tebow spike it in her end zone

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:21 pm 

Tebow time.

80 yd drive to tie it and now has the Rock in OT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:52 pm 

6-1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next