It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

BTW, this is really lasting for me as far as bumping this song.

Not sick of it at all after a few months.

One of my favorites ever. Premo gon Premo

i agree, it's a really nice Preemo song

its really amazing when you think about it the quantity of stuff he puts out (produces)....yet for me it's a hit rather than a miss most of the time.

only thing lately that left me a little disappointed was the Blaq Poet album...when you hear "entire album produced by DJ Premier" it's like Christmas morning. I liked some of the stuff but overall was a bit let down

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:07 am 

I like the Black Poet album a lot. He's ok. But on the songs he's not that great the Premo beat still carries the song.

Here's an example of a song where Poet is pretty decent but the beat is so good, its just straight fire.

Aint Nuttin Changed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:20 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Here's an example of a song where Poet is pretty decent but the beat is so good, its just straight fire.

well yeah...that's probably the best beat on the album

check this shit out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISaxgrjkT0

Afu-Ra is another mediocre rapper but the beat is crazy

"i know you like what you think you like/but i stick out on a track and blind your 3rd eyesight"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:51 pm 

Torae- For the Record (Produed By DJ Premier)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3PTL0cMMy8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Uh, Spark? Bagels?

All I'm hearing you guys talk about is Preem, Preem, Preem on the 2nd Place track. There was an MC on that song too...AHEM.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
ok peoples, you know what i gotta be real here... when i first heard that latyrx cut i had herballistical-headphones on so maybe i was a bit too OMFG...

and 2nd of all... damn dude how you gonna hate on q-bert?!?! wow. ok wow.

here i've got a real cut for you lot that i think we can all agree on... back from 1996 b4 dude was sayin FUCK RAW SHACK cuz he was on RAW SHACK, and back when i had two latyrx stickers on my car i DID have a raw shack records sticker on my car too cuz of stuff like...
j-live: can i get it?

now this is the shit i love about rappers... when they're comin up hungry in the game and they're like "man fuck a hook, fuck a chorus... i'm just gonna snap on this shit and show motherfuckers what time it is on this life shit" --- j-live would go on to release a super-dope all-time-great rap LP called "the best part", and then he kind of fell off some, IMO... i mean he's still solid-to-good, but i havent heard anything he's done lately that smacks me upside the head and makes me drop a bonafide keanu reeves "whoa" like his old shit does.

... and OKC with a royce da 5'9" song?! and y'all wanna make fun of me with the latyrx stuff, ha?!?!

speaking of making fun of me, hey OKC, how did that one PM treat you? did i scare you with the seemingly-infinite-array of drivel getting so increasingly personal and all "who gives a fuck" that you'll never make the mistake of even intimating that we should make a rap song together ever again? =D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:06 pm 

Bagels wrote:
wait, it features Latryx? I'm shocked :wink:

there was actually a period of time, maybe a few weeks, where I was really into the whole Quannum crew

and i have to dare to ask... what happened? did you graduate high school and never have a need for a backpack again? did you decide that the quannum stuff is too nerdy and all tryin'ta be high-art that it's not "real" and therefore not the kind of stuff that vibes well with other people when you're playing songs, and you don't wanna run the risk of being "that guy" who's all hipster/nerdhopperiffic AND actually legit about it, cuz like, it's one thing to be a fan of blackalicious... it's a whole different fan to be a fan of mc chris, schaeffer the darklord, or some of that supermegauberhardcore whitehop shit.

and btw, there was also a subtle shot at the fact that i type out paragraphs about the songs i post... fuckin blow me! sometimes i've got stories about the rappers i post songs by, and sometimes i just drop some 4-1-1 about them and yeah, whatever... that's just how i roll. speaking of, i'm embarking on a proper ~mid-late 90s / early 00s underground rap mix in my funky computer style and here's the preview of it... btw the first song is that j-live song i just linked so if you clicked that don't waste your time with this (not that you'd waste your time with my hipster/nerd crap anyways! #SWAG #BASED #SECRETE RARE/LEGENDARY RETWEET!!!! --- oooh yeah am i gonna hafta drop some lil b in here? =)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:06 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Uh, Spark? Bagels?

All I'm hearing you guys talk about is Preem, Preem, Preem on the 2nd Place track. There was an MC on that song too...AHEM.

Oh yeah he kills it.

I like him a lot, wish he worked more with Preem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Uh, Spark? Bagels?

Oh yeah he kills it.

I like him a lot, wish he worked more with Preem

Agreed...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:32 pm 

ok ok ok #HHSOTD family, we're going back to the oldschool with this one... we're going waaayyyyy back to a time that existed before a pound of cocaine went up the nose of the man, the myth, the legend that is BUSTA RHYMES, who turned out to the breakout star of the now-ironically-oldschool leaders of the newschool (i use the term oldschool as in relation to the current epoch, not the traditional definition of "oldschool" being pre-88/89 and "newschool" being everyhing after that time, as semantically speaking that's how it was originally defined if i'm not mistaken)

ahem.

leaders of the newschool (busta rhymes) - feminine fatt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
ok ok ok #HHSOTD family, we're going back to the oldschool with this one... we're going waaayyyyy back to a time that existed before a pound of cocaine went up the nose of the man, the myth, the legend that is BUSTA RHYMES, who turned out to the breakout star of the now-ironically-oldschool leaders of the newschool (i use the term oldschool as in relation to the current epoch, not the traditional definition of "oldschool" being pre-88/89 and "newschool" being everyhing after that time, as semantically speaking that's how it was originally defined if i'm not mistaken)

ahem.

leaders of the newschool (busta rhymes) - feminine fatt

Missed this on Friday.

Nice selection... :thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:22 pm 

My daugter loves Busta's verse on H.A.M.

Just gets a kick out of the speed rap.

Aztec - (Nas, RZA & Opiuo) - "Say What Again" (Glitch-Hop Rap Mashup)

I dont love Rza's part in this but just using the Pulp fiction lines draws me in

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
My daugter loves Busta's verse on H.A.M.

Just gets a kick out of the speed rap.

You know who else can speed rap?

Royce Da 5'9" and Twista in Let's Go

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:28 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Quote:
Taylor Swift’s Latest Pop Star Duet Is With Flo Rida

Taylor and the rapper go "Right Round" together in Miami’s arena.

Brad Schmitt | Published: Nov 14, 2011

Taylor Swift might need longer arms soon.

You might remember when she won Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year award recently, Taylor read a list off the inside of her forearm of celebs who have performed live with her on this tour.

Taylor added one more to the list Sunday night (Nov. 14) when she invited rapper Flo Rida onto the stage. The two bounced, sang and rapped their way through Flo Rida's "Right Round," which fans captured on video and posted to YouTube.

Both artists tweeted that they had fun.

"Miami was awesome!" Taylor posted. "Thanks to all the fans who traveled from all over, and to @official flo for singing 'right round' with me! Insane night!"

Mr. Rida posted on his Twitter page, "#GoodFeeling on stage with @taylorswift13," a message that acknowledges Taylor and plugs one of his singles, "Good Feeling," all at the same time.

These two have history: In fact, Flo Rida got one of his crowds to wish Taylor a happy 21st birthday at a Christmas concert last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZDSr3IUBC8 <-----------Right Round

Can wait til Royce takes the stage with her!!

:lol: :lol:

You're having an inspirational posting day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:29 pm 

Geto Boys Gangster of Love (Skynard version)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:37 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:

:scratch:

Hmmm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
A lil Chiddy Bang just downloaded.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 pm 

bigfan wrote:
A lil Chiddy Bang just downloaded.

Breakfast?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 pm 

Ice Water-Raekwon, Ghostface, and Cappadonna
For Cappadonna's #1 fan J Billable Hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 pm 

check out louis logic - postal and if that gimmicky punchline song doesn't float your boat, hey, there's an 80s version too @ www .youtube.com /watch?v=nx0gaRxv_xo

OBLIGATORY SINICALYPTICAL STORY ABOUT THE RAPPER IN QUESTION TO FOLLOW>>>

aight guys... let's drop a classic from the one dope non-chicago rapper whose phone # is in my contact list, louis logic! this guy's a bonafide motherfucker... i e-mailed him prior to a show circa 2000/2001 (back when i was in my crimson mullet phase) bemoaning the fact that "the drunken dragon" was playing a show in chicago @ loyola, where they didn't allow alcohol to be consumed. he responded to my e-mail like "man, i get fan letters... but i dont get letters like that every day. there's always drinking @ a louis logic show you just have to know where to look... get @ me at the show and let's do a bar crawl afterwards. sure enough, i met him up @ the show and had 4 tallboy becks cans on ice in the whip and me him and memo from the molemen (who used to dorm next door to my friend @ uic) crushed those and a flask of tequila before he got on stage... louis doesn't smoke so that was just me and memo.

sure enough, we had a proper night that started in wicker park, detoured to quenchers @ western/fullerton for the beer-snobbery (where louis got me up on la fin de monde) and of course, afterhours @ the continental. you know how we do.

yeah, he's a str8up motherfucker who in his prime had the "extreme" eminem-style gimmick going fused with vintage aceyalone vocab/technicality... then he kind of went off into relationship world for a bit and lost me, but now he's got some sort of a 50s surf rock-rap thing going called "spork kills" (under his real name louis dorley) and he's still doing his rap thing and touring and all that. c'est la vie!`

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm 

also, shit... there are a whole bunch of HHSOTD songs i wanted to drop in here but i'm using them for my dj justin bauer - 2THA XXXTREAM!~!$#@$!@# hiphopmix... shit i'm going to will myself to finish that tonight, cuz like, i'm going str8up mid-late 90s ground-level (somewhere between the over and under grounds) stuff and i've got great taste in hiphop even if i must say so myself.

i think i already linked you guys to the teaser with the j-live song from a couple'a weeks ago... my dumbass shoulda finished that mix that night. ah well, time to crack a becks and finish what the good lord got me started on.

so yeah, keep your mind open and soon there will be a ~60min mix of proper jams by the one, the only, the amazing legendary and superb dj justin bauer, nee dj phonetic spelling, nee nee dj tim osman, nee nee nee dj bin laden.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:49 am 

organized konfusion - bring it on

pharoahe monch comes out with a stone cold admittedly-gimmicky verse that fucking kills it. i legitimately feel sorry for prince po that he has to come out and rap after that... it's just not fair. whenever i include this song on mixes/mixtapes i cut out the 2nd verse cuz once pharoahe is done rapping there's nothing else to say. period.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 am 

Mobb Deep “Waterboarding” (Prod. by The Alchemist)

Off the New Mobb Deep Black Cocaine EP

Black Cocaine, the new EP by Mobb Deep, is the group’s first commercial release since Prodigy got home from his three-year prison bid in March. With that being said, it wouldn’t be crazy to expect the Queens duo to be bit rusty. They are. While it’s by no means a “bad” EP, it’s worlds from being on the level of The Infamous or Hell on Earth, which made them a big part of the legendary 90’s New York hip-hop scene right next to Biggie, Nas, and The Wu-Tang. Considering their circumstances though, it’s understandable.

At just under twenty minutes, it seems like this one is meant to be “just a taste” of more of the same product that Mobb Deep’s been pushing for over two decades now. It’s gritty east coast hip-hop that speaks to the harsh realities of the ghetto. It’s a far cry from the modern idea of “commercial” hip-hop, which has always been pretty true of their music (outside of some of their G-Unit backed stuff) In that sense, it’s good to see a group of artists stick to their roots. For fans of Havoc and Prodigy, and this style of rap in general, it’s going to be an enjoyable experience and well worth the four-dollar price of admission.

In true Mobb Deep fashion, the feel on the EP is dark and ominous from start to finish. The first song, “Dead Man Shoes”, is the weakest of the set and is honestly one of the worst in the group’s impressive catalog. Its repetitive Jamaican inspired hook and production is painful, and neither Prodigy or Havoc seems to really hit a good stride on the verses. Luckily, the EP quickly helps redeem itself.

“Black Cocaine” the EP’s title second track, is a quick step in the right direction. It’s impressively insightful lyricism and slick Alchemist production make for a standout. It suffers from the same repetitive and weak hook issues as the EP’s lead track though, which is a problem that’s honestly present on every song. “Conquer” comes a bit more aggressive than the duo usually does, but its horn heavy production and good performances by both Havoc and P push it to above average status.

“Get It Forever ft. Nas” is the EP’s best track (at least in this writer’s opinion). It’s unmistakable East Coast production, supplemented by some sped up 60’s soul samples, fits extremely well with each verse delivered over it. Nas sounds as good as he has in a long minute, and Havoc might spit the best bars on the album. This one deserves some serious burn by anybody who’s a fan of traditional hip-hop.

The album ends with “Last Days” which does everything decent, but for some reason seems to miss its mark. It’s not a bad listen, but both Havoc and Prodigy’s delivery feels relatively uninspired and the keys and electric guitar on the beat don’t play well together. If I had to describe this one in a single word, it would be “forgettable”.

Overall, Black Cocaine, is exactly what a good EP should be. It gives fan of Mobb Deep a taste of bigger things to come. It definitely isn’t on par with the group’s older stuff, but then again, that’s holding it to some lofty standards. If you’re into Mobb Deep, and their brand of music, it will be four dollars well spent. You’re not going to be blown away, but you won’t be disappointed either. If you aren’t a fan already, there really isn’t much here for you.

Out of the 5 tracks on the EP, 3 were “good”…so I’m giving this one exactly what it deserves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:25 am 

The Dream- Dj Premier with rapping by Royce Da 5'9"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:41 am 

Goff has been using this as a rejoin on B&B and his show lately. Laurence too. Love the beat. I'm slowly becoming a Jeezy fan. Jay's verse is just ok. Andre 3 Stacks kills it (as usual). Please excuse the stupid "Funkmaster Flex" shit...

Young Jeezy f/ Jay-Z and Andre 3000 - I Do

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:52 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Don't ever give Royce the small font again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 am 

In honor of the thousand deaths that RPB is sure to suffer today, I bring forth one of my long-time backpacky favorites from Lateef the Truth Speaker - The Wreckoning -- most specifically the 2nd verse because it's a sneak preview of RPB's future on the board.

(incidentally, the sequel to this song is called the quickening and has my favorite DJ shadow beat of all time on it. /watch?v=qOILCVHMVe4)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I ain't that little girl no more
Not more more, Thats for sure
Boy get your ass out on the floor
Let's explore, let's explore

You know I like the way you move it (Move it)
Girl you're all grown up and now your ready to let it go
Wanna be a big girl, got to prove it (Prove it)
With a body like that you got a grown man ready to blow

I'm a big boy, you're a big girl now, now, ow
I'm a big girl, you're a big boy now, now, ow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:15 am 

Donnie, you're out of your element. Either you need to get over to a honda dealer or grow a pair..... of witticism-creating brain cells and come better than half-cocked with your dumbass rap references. Seriously, you think of all the people on this damn board who could roll into a thread fully cocked you'd be at least top-5, right? =D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am 

Termanology-So Amazing (prod. by Premier)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next