It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Announcement
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'd like to thank everybody who has supported and encouraged my (fledgling) music career. I just wanted to put it out there that for the time being, my Open Book album and my career is on hold. I've talked to a couple of you privately over the course of the year and I expressed to you that things were kinda headed this way. But yeah, I'm taking a break from writing/recording. There are several reasons for this, but there are some things that have taken place this week in my personal life that have provided a wake-up call of sorts.

Again, thanks for the support. Hold on to your dreams.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject: Re: Announcement
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Much respect. Stay the course. No regrets. It'll happen.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:20 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
"I've seen women ruin more rap careers then any wack album has..." -Blueprint...

But seriously, I hope everything is cool mang... My bro is finishing up his new album, even tho he's like the mozart of break beats, I can see concern about his future w/ music... Don't ever let it completely die OkC... At least promise me you will continue to spread the word of good hip hop...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:47 am 

PM me a track... Ill be nice... My brother and I are always looking to hear local peeps...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Jbi11s wrote:
... My brother and I are always looking to hear local peeps...

You don't want to hear me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:03 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
... My brother and I are always looking to hear local peeps...

You don't want to hear me.

I hear you everyday thru your words... Loud and proper.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:29 am 

That sucks OKC. It's a tough balancing act.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Sorry to hear it, Kid...keep your chin up

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
The music industry is a long and shallow money trench, where pimps and thieves run free, and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Sorry to hear this, Kid. I hope you're able to get back to it someday.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I'd rather hold on to someone else's dreams.

Just let us know when you're back and up and running. You have a built-in fan base here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:49 pm 

Hope everything is alright and that you are able to get back to doing what you love soon.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
See now "Hey Big Fan, lend me $500 so I can do a demo!" is a much better approach than 'give me $2000"

And a better idea would be to send me some of the magic you have created to date if any.

By The Way

Is their a market for a coffee table book of Seinfeld quotes? Because I have some investors lined up if so!

yes, serious send me tunes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: The Rock doesnt eat pizza, but he loves the PIE.
The Rock says you need to put down that sweet new piece of pie you found for yourself, get you're ass back in the recording studio, stop being such a candy ass jabroni, and stop acting like an EMO about things.

If you smellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock is cooking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:41 pm 

bigfan wrote:
By The Way

Is their a market for a coffee table book of Seinfeld quotes? Because I have some investors lined up if so!

No, but there is a market for a coffee table book on coffee tables.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's/Dominos
Colonel Angus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
By The Way

Hey, I know what that means now!!! :D

I've started my schooling on the Art of Seinfeld...apparently, I've been paying attention.

You left me a message I DID NOT listen to....what was it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:14 pm 

Great news Cookie

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:17 pm 

MxdCookie wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
By The Way

I've started my schooling on the Art of Seinfeld...apparently, I've been paying attention.

8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
MxdCookie wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
By The Way

Feeling a bit dumber or dummer?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:19 pm 

Bigfan,

Gimme $2000 for my recording career or I'm gonna have to put it on hold.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
....wait what? you had a "recording career" ???

i don't mean any disrespect, but i could swear that you were on the same level as me (writing/recording/viral-distributing "homemade" songs) just way further down that path.... but like, a "recording career" tends to indicate that one's had a "career" of producing "recordings" and then formally selling them and all.... and like, to the best of my knowledge you don't have any sort of a CD available @ gramaphone or a split-12" that someone could paypal from an online record company.... so am i missing something here in that you've got an album out there that i can check out / support, or perhaps did you just use a bit of a more grandiose terminology to describe your hiatus from presiding over the marriage of words and beats?

idk what your IRL situation is 100% (cuz i'm pretty sure you just described it to me as some sort of a malaise borne of a veritable existential crisis which spawned from not really getting "anywhere" with your efforts, ultimately resulting in the timeless question "who the fuck am i kidding with this?") and i tried to break you off "some real" with that longass PM reply to your initial declaration of hiatus-status... and like, while i spose it was indeed a bit much coming from someone you don't know outside of a few menial bbs interactions, i'm pretty sure i tried to address the situation head on.

moreso than you, i'm someone who at present has no business grabbing a microphone and telling you about how awesome i am. moreover, i'm an annoying piece of shit who leaves a veritable-delorean-trail of flaming shit wherever i go.... and yet, deep down inside of me somewhere exists the indefatigable fire-n-pashin to say "man fuck this fuck you in fact fuck all y'all someday somehow i'm going to kick all of your fucking asses, got that?!?!"

and we can say rap is this, rap is that... we can talk about semantics and ideal usage of the artform/medium, but in the end, something like 50-66% of all rap is basically people saying "i'm the shit and you need to know this" --- therefore, i'm left believing that you're currently in some sort of a mental cycle where your "i'm the shit and you need to know this" rap-core is plagued by a lack of the word "the" and the addition of the word "don't" --- obviously, you're not up for any sort of cerebral motivation cuz i spent a good ~20-30 minutes writing you that giant PM tryin to tell you to go through it no matter what.... but like, if you're convinced that you wanna be 100% certain of a muggle existence (as opposed to the ~1-2% chance that you'd discover your "powers" and transcend muggledom) then i spose you're doing the right thing.

otherwise, man, i gotta be real.... if you're going to just kind of stop and be like "man i'm 30 years old and i'm parading around like an idiot thinking i'm a rap star... wtf am i doing?!" then i'd say that you never really had what it takes to make it in the rap game and perhaps it's better that you give it all up in the end. take it from me, wackzilla in the flesh.... most people, prolly something around 90% of everyone, would tell you that i'm a proper piece of shit loser junkie what have you... and there's times where i go out of my way to project an image that i agree with that.... but somewhere in the corner of the existential void in the pit of my soul exists just a little spark... a little tiny beaten-n-bloodied strung out spark of pure unabashed righteousness that says "fuck all of you!! i'm right and you're wrong and some day i'm going to kick all of your fucking asses and then rub your face in a fresh pile of my steaming shit" --- and as long as i have that, there will always be at the very least sporadic oddly-named internet rap songs going around.... nobody's even noticed what i've been secretly doing for the last two years (once i tarnished the name sinicalypse and made sure the name was proper poison around chicago i switched gears and moved on real quick) and like, within the next year or so roughly... once my corporeal form aligns with my mind being free and clear of the synchronistic omega-blockers and i have the requisite confidence to grab a microphone and demand attention en masse.... you lot will wonder just where the fuck i came from.

and like, i hope to god that you're just ragging and being emo about this... cuz like i said up there, if you REALLY think this then i don't think you ever had any business rapping in the first place. you have to have a bonafide alpha-dog mentality to do the rap thing.... take it from someone who's still bloodied and beaten in a heap on the floor of "the rap game", getting spit on and pissed on at every opportunity.... it might only be one song, it might be a career worth tens to hundreds of millions of dollars... but someday i WILL kick all of your asses, and someday you will respect the name sinicalypse. you might not like me, hell, 90%+ people don't.... and you might be keen to laugh at me given my proclivities... but you will know me and you will grow to respect me. that's my mandate. and if you don't got something like that burning inside of you, then you have no chance and you midaswell give it up and see if you can ghostwrite a song for the next puffy album (i.e. check out "the future" offa puff daddy's "press play" LP --- listen to that and tell me that the pharoahe monch writing doesn't shine through =)

SPEAKING OF RAMBLING POINTLESS EXISTENTIAL VOIDS THAT GO NOWHERE AND ACCOMPLISH NOTHING: I OFFER THE ABOVE AS EVIDENCE OF THAT!!!

and even tho my "haters" would be wright (read: fly) in saying that here is yet another example of me posting hundreds upon hundreds of words that go nowhere nor even attempt to accomplish anything, and even tho i concede they're right... still, fuck them. <latroy hawkins>i can do what they do but they can't do what i do</latroy hawkins>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Sorry to hear. Do what you have to. Gotta keep writing. Time passes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Best of luck, Kid. Maybe later on when the smoke clears some of these events will provide for new material once the creative juices get simmering again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
worst announcement ever.

it's a damn shame that such talent is wasted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I'd be lying if I were to say I wasn't disappointed by this. But that would be selfish. I enjoyed the hell out of Journal Entries and was really excited by some of the leaked Open Book tracks. Do what you gotta do, Kid. I will patiently await the inevitable return down the road...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Rap now is a circus of clowns
A whole lot of lip from cliques I'd probably rap circles around
I'm the next best to reach a peak formerly known
as the best keep secret, I guess that I just leaked it

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
HOVA wrote:
Rap now is a circus of clowns
A whole lot of lip from cliques I'd probably rap circles around
I'm the next best to reach a peak formerly known
as the best keep secret, I guess that I just leaked it

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Royce quotes give me a funny feeling!

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 am 

There is nothing wrong with pausing and concentrating on other stuff.

You'll be back...

unfortunately because you are absolutely terrible on the mic.