It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
W_Z wrote:
people.

it's the only way... :cheese:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:20 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
My legs are dead, and I have another half marathon in 23 days. Even took two full weeks off after my last one. I can barely make it 3-4 miles now. Think I burnt myself out. :(

do some stretching and leg lifts to build some muscle back...and be more careful next time. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
W_Z wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
My legs are dead, and I have another half marathon in 23 days. Even took two full weeks off after my last one. I can barely make it 3-4 miles now. Think I burnt myself out. :(

do some stretching and leg lifts to build some muscle back...and be more careful next time. :wink:

Foam roll those bitches!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 am 

KDdidit wrote:
W_Z wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Foam roll those bitches!

This is correct. Do some cross training for a few more days - you likely are a bit burnt out right now - do a spin class or something different for a few more days and get back out there. It's just your body telling you it needs a break.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
After 2 1/2 months, I'm actually up a pound. :evil: However, I'm starting a new routine this week. I'm not planning on cardio, but rather low weight, high rep weights. Any suggestions?

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Bump.

Alright people, this is the final month. Let's get that final push. I plan on being in the gym at least 4x a week. Trying to get to 190-195 by years end. I've got knee problems I should probably have looked at. In the summer, it was my left knee that swelled up and shut down my treadmill action for a few months. Now its my right knee. Happened 2 weeks ago when I was running down the El steps trying to make it to the Bull and Bear B&B remote before 6pm. Over the holiday break, I rested it and put a brace on it and it finally started feeling better. For now on, no running for me whatsoever unless its on a treadmill.

Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spmack wrote:
I've got knee problems I should probably have looked at. In the summer, it was my left knee that swelled up and shut down my treadmill action for a few months. Now its my right knee. Happened 2 weeks ago when I was running down the El steps trying to make it to the Bull and Bear B&B remote before 6pm. Over the holiday break, I rested it and put a brace on it and it finally started feeling better. For now on, no running for me whatsoever unless its on a treadmill.

Good luck everyone.

Sorry to hear that. Whenever we play ball again, you can be in charge of my camera.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 pm 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
spmack wrote:
I've got knee problems I should probably have looked at. In the summer, it was my left knee that swelled up and shut down my treadmill action for a few months. Now its my right knee. Happened 2 weeks ago when I was running down the El steps trying to make it to the Bull and Bear B&B remote before 6pm. Over the holiday break, I rested it and put a brace on it and it finally started feeling better. For now on, no running for me whatsoever unless its on a treadmill.

Good luck everyone.

Sorry to hear that. Whenever we play ball again, you can be in charge of my camera.

I can run on a basketball court with no problem, just like I can with a treadmill. Its the uneven surfaces that are killing my knees, apparently. And then I'm sure standing on them for a few hours that night didn't help either, probably made things worse. I'll be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 pm 

i'd even go easy on treadmill running, too...running on hard plastic isn't great on your knees. i've had some issues with it a few times. be careful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's/Dominos
Whenever we play ball again, you can be in charge of my camera.

So I'm fired then??? :cry:

You left me a message I DID NOT listen to....what was it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
MxdCookie wrote:
Whenever we play ball again, you can be in charge of my camera.

So I'm fired then??? :cry:

You are hereby emphatically REINSTATED! :)

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i'd even go easy on treadmill running, too...running on hard plastic isn't great on your knees. i've had some issues with it a few times. be careful.

Zack, I ran on the treadmill for months with no problems.

The only times I've had problems with my knees has involved the ol' concrete jungle..I'll test it in about a week or two.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm 

spmack wrote:
The only times I've had problems with my knees has involved the ol' concrete jungle..

you were in jail?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I'm kinda digging the whole running outside thing. Made it 6 miles last night. Darkness kinda sucks, but I adjust to the temp pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:25 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Darkness kinda sucks

I resent that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:26 pm 

W_Z wrote:
spmack wrote:
The only times I've had problems with my knees has involved the ol' concrete jungle..

you were in jail?

Why do you think there's been a lapse in my posting?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
redskingreg wrote:
I'm kinda digging the whole running outside thing. Made it 6 miles last night. Darkness kinda sucks, but I adjust to the temp pretty quickly.

I am about to go run in the rain or the aftermath of the rain. It has to be under 15 degrees to keep me inside and even that is a game time decision. There is something about running on a revolving belt or running in circles on a track that I find extremely boring.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm 

spmack wrote:
W_Z wrote:
spmack wrote:

you were in jail?

Why do you think there's been a lapse in my posting?

KS + SPmack = MATCH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I am about to go run in the rain or the aftermath of the rain. It has to be under 15 degrees to keep me inside and even that is a game time decision. There is something about running on a revolving belt or running in circles on a track that I find extremely boring.

Yep. Ran in the rain last week to the gym. Enjoyed it, except for having to work out in wet shoes and socks. Like you, I'm trying to avoid the treadmill as much as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Down 50 pounds since May. Since I lift at least 4x a week I'd like to think I've gained some muscle along with the weight loss. Working on running now, just doing the couch to 5k thing. Seems gimmicky, but I do better with programs. It's a far cry from when I ran 50 miles a week for fun in high school and ran the 2 mile in track anytime there were so few entrants it guaranteed us points in meets, but there you go. I've been doing it on the treadmill, not because I don't enjoy running outside, but because I'm terrible at pushing myself to go faster. When I set the pace at 6.5 I can't wimp out and slow down. It's probably an ambitious pace to start at, but it's worked 4 weeks in and might as well aim high.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 pm 

Thats great KD keep it up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: *
KDdidit wrote:
Down 50 pounds since May. Since I lift at least 4x a week I'd like to think I've gained some muscle along with the weight loss. Working on running now, just doing the couch to 5k thing. Seems gimmicky, but I do better with programs. It's a far cry from when I ran 50 miles a week for fun in high school and ran the 2 mile in track anytime there were so few entrants it guaranteed us points in meets, but there you go. I've been doing it on the treadmill, not because I don't enjoy running outside, but because I'm terrible at pushing myself to go faster. When I set the pace at 6.5 I can't wimp out and slow down. It's probably an ambitious pace to start at, but it's worked 4 weeks in and might as well aim high.

Working on fitting into that Jayson Williams jersey huh?

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:07 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Yep. Ran in the rain last week to the gym. Enjoyed it, except for having to work out in wet shoes and socks. Like you, I'm trying to avoid the treadmill as much as possible.

fuck all that. too many things in outdoor running that bother me. besides the rain and the elements, intersections, other people, cyclists...the prairie path eliminates some of those things and the atmosphere is awesome. but i just want to run. i don't want to have to focus on a whole lot when i'm running, because my mind wanders. the treadmill isn't fun but it at least is efficient and if i've got the iPod kicking, it's all good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:56 am 

Shoulder pain FYI...

I finally started to workout again about 6 weeks ago after nearly a 3 year hiatus (wife,kids,work, etc..)

I was afraid I had torn my rotator cuff because of the excrutiating pain and lack of mobility in my left shoulder. Not being one to run to the doctor....I worked through it for a while, and then while reading & researching the topic on meanshealth.com I came across this article (link below). In a matter of a few days / workouts, the pain has almost dissappeared and mobility is back. It just feels a little tender. Anyway...I've incorporated a few new exercises into my workouts to address this and strengthen the rotator cuff too. It's a bitch getting older.

Just my two cents. Maybe this info will help someone else.

http://blogs.menshealth.com/doctors-on-call/tackle-that-shoulder-pain/2011/07/05/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
W_Z wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

fuck all that. too many things in outdoor running that bother me. besides the rain and the elements, intersections, other people, cyclists...the prairie path eliminates some of those things and the atmosphere is awesome. but i just want to run. i don't want to have to focus on a whole lot when i'm running, because my mind wanders. the treadmill isn't fun but it at least is efficient and if i've got the iPod kicking, it's all good.

Rocking an Ipod and allowing the mind to wander are both critical components to my outdoor run. Don't lie......you know your Ipod is only for show and that you run the treadmill just to rock out to the cardinal fitness playlist.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 am 

I always prefer running outside. I have been running on a mile long bike path with a canopy of trees over it lately. It is pitch black for most of the run with no light but the car headlights at the end of the trail. You can put yourself into a trance under those conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I've now lost the ten or so pounds I gained over the summer (barbecue, ice cream, beer) and am back to being around 25 pounds down from last November. I'd like to lose an additional five pounds before Christmas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I've now lost the ten or so pounds I gained over the summer (barbecue, ice cream, beer) and am back to being around 25 pounds down from last November. I'd like to lose an additional five pounds before Christmas.

More apples?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I am still stuck at 230 and have been all year but glad I didn't put on any of the 25 I took off last year.
I'd like to shed 5 before the end of the year and then shoot for that elusive last 20 next year. I haven't
been 205 since the year 2000.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 am 

Knee is starting to feel much better, hoping to hit the treadmill on Tuesday, which would mark the 1 year mark of me getting in shape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next