It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SternFanNetwork
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:50 am 

anyone know why the site is shut down?

Post subject: Re: SternFanNetwork
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:00 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think it got hacked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Howard probably paid Mutt to shut it down. Howard hates the site because "people just trash him and his wife". He claims he never reads it, but he always knows what is being said on there.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Chus wrote:
Howard probably paid Mutt to shut it down. Howard hates the site because "people just trash him and his wife". He claims he never reads it, but he always knows what is being said on there.

I would be shocked if he has it closed. I'm sure he would like for it to go away. The only way he could make that work is to purchase it, and have Mutt run it under his control. But if it was a place where negativity isn't allowed, someone will just create another one. If anyone cares enough these days to bother.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:05 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Just listening to the replay when Eric the Annoyer asked that the site be shutdown and Howard went on a mini-rant against the site and how Eric was right.

Howard said, "Eric's right. If Mutt has any love for me, he'd shut that place down."

So, I'm guessing that the "shutdown" is a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:38 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Just listening to the replay when Eric the Annoyer asked that the site be shutdown and Howard went on a mini-rant against the site and how Eric was right.

Howard said, "Eric's right. If Mutt has any love for me, he'd shut that place down."

So, I'm guessing that the "shutdown" is a joke.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOO, werewolves of Albuquerque.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:39 pm 

I'm in the camp that Stern paid Mutt to shut it down. Mutt said years ago he would sell if the price was right. Stern probably forked over decent money in Mutt's eye and he shut it down. Hell, what is 20k to Stern? He could just up Mutt's compensation from the SFRT and achieve the same goal. THere is a lot of money left over after Artie left.

Everyone seems to be heading to a new site. Called www.sternfansnetwork.com Only difference is there is an "S" in fan. A lot of the big photoshoppers are already having at it. It won't take a long before the community has grown and making HOward's life miserable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Just went on the new MB. It's game on again. Some of those guys are brutal. I wonder how long it will take Beth to find the new site... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 pm 

Hey!! It's Tummy Sticks!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 pm 

Hey! What's up, Doc?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:14 pm 

You missed a scintillating lumpia discussion a couple weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 pm 

You missed a scintillating lumpia discussion a couple weeks ago.

Dammit! I knew my ears were heating up for some reason! Never again, will I stray from this board...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:24 am 

Sternfannetwork is down for maintenance, according to the home page. Howard said this morning that it is shut down for good. I'm not sure why he doesn't understand.

Hampton's Howie said that people on SFN are like people assembling at a Klan rally. In his distorted reality, saying negative things about Howie and his wife, is like inbred rednecks lynching balck people.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:52 am 

I think the well founded criticism of his calendar photography drove him over the edge.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:33 am 

Quadrophenia wrote:
I'm in the camp that Stern paid Mutt to shut it down. Mutt said years ago he would sell if the price was right. Stern probably forked over decent money in Mutt's eye and he shut it down. Hell, what is 20k to Stern? He could just up Mutt's compensation from the SFRT and achieve the same goal. THere is a lot of money left over after Artie left.

Everyone seems to be heading to a new site. Called http://www.sternfansnetwork.com Only difference is there is an "S" in fan. A lot of the big photoshoppers are already having at it. It won't take a long before the community has grown and making HOward's life miserable.

looks like some good posters went to dawgsaloon.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 am 

Mutt called in this morning. Apparently, the site will be modified, and running soon. He said eliminating negativity is top priority, and he wants the site to be for "real fans", or the ass lickers, like Bobo, Maryann from Brooklyn, and Joey Boots.

It appears that Howie had to open up the wallet to get rid of "the haters". Yet another embarrassing chapter in the story of 'The Howard Stern Show, the Sirius years'.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
1. Build an open, unmoderated fan site for an insanely wealthy, egomaniacal celeb
2. When the chatter on the site gets too negative, offer to revamp the site into a moderated, closed forum
3. ????
4. profit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am 

I see he had the girls from some sort of new View program yesterday. Instead of show quality, I think the focus should be keeping the negativity down on the Internet. Don't get me wrong, that Stern Fan Network is troublesome. It makes our wrestling section look like a thread about which Ivy League school to attend. But a move like this does nothing but increase said negativity. Oh, by the way, remember the show is all about freedom of speech.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:49 am 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
1. Build an open, unmoderated fan site for an insanely wealthy, egomaniacal celeb
2. When the chatter on the site gets too negative, offer to revamp the site into a moderated, closed forum
3. ????
4. profit

3. BECOME A PUPPET FOR SAID EGO-MANIACAL CELEBRITY
4. profit

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm 

Robin explained to the audience what "Tebowing" is today. She is only about one month late.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:52 pm 

Howard is basically in the WGN years of his career right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 am 

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/15/howar ... ot-talent/

Well, it's been fun. Best wishes to everyone still listening. I'm sure this had something to do with the SFN move.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 am 

I wouldn't be shocked if, at the very least, he wanted SFN down today when the AGT news broke and people were googling his name. He didn't want anyone new finding his fan base may not be as loyal as it was back in the terrestrial days.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 am 

I stopped listening months ago. I might turn on over the weekend, hoping for a Best of from the 90s. For the 5 seconds I do catch it's the same shit as always. Benji crap, contract, etc.

The show will become totally unbearable once he starts AGT. I feel sorry for the long term fans that still listen.

SFN is hilarious. The gifs/photoshops and general comments all make me laugh. The place will be like a ghost town once Mutt reopens it and instills his Stern love fest website.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 am 

I never bought satellite radio so I have not listened regularly since the terrestrial days. When i do listen I am not overly impressed. I cannot imagine how he gets away with Benjy as the head writer AND no one filling the position of comedian.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I never bought satellite radio so I have not listened regularly since the terrestrial days. When i do listen I am not overly impressed. I cannot imagine how he gets away with Benjy as the head writer AND no one filling the position of comedian.

In my opinion, the years with Artie were tremendous. Even when he was having issues, it was must-listen radio for me. I was on the road often as well, and the pause feature allowed me to skip commercials. I still enjoyed it for about six months after Artie was gone. However, it started to become obvious that there was a real need for a heterosexual male in the room. It went from an occasional Hampton's reference/Joan Rivers appearance, to ignoring the Super Bowl to preview American Idol. They don't have anyone else to focus on, so most attention was going to Benjy and Ronnie. Not interested. I'm not interested in hearing another four years of how difficult it is to judge that show and still make it home to masturbate and take pictures.

I might check it out again in six months or so, but I have a feeling this is long term.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I cannot imagine how he gets away with Benjy as the head writer AND no one filling the position of comedian.

He has David Arquette phoning in non-stop. David Arquette is not funny or interesting in any way although Howard finds him "fascinating".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I cannot imagine how he gets away with Benjy as the head writer AND no one filling the position of comedian.

He has David Arquette phoning in non-stop. David Arquette is not funny or interesting in any way although Howard finds him "fascinating".

He finds him fascinating because he was interested in Howard when he was making news. I found his first two internships pretty funny. When the guy who created the sybian was in, I thought I was going to have a grabber watching Arquette's reaction to what was happening. Combined with the actual events. After a while, he's a marble mouth giggler with limited thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I listen a bit, not as much as I used to but I think the America's Got Talent thing will be interesting and a good move for him. This is something he has wanted to do for a while but would never move from New York, I'm curious to see how he is on the show. I mean after all, it's not like it's going to take anything from the radio show, he's been mailing that in for years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:35 am 

I think it actually might be good for the radio show as well. It forces him to actually get into the world and interact with people which should provide more content than his running and photography stories.