It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
You're finally coming around to Termanology Spark. It only took well over a year. I believe my first or second song in this thread was Termanology featuring Nas.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
You're finally coming around to Termanology Spark. It only took well over a year. I believe my first or second song in this thread was Termanology featuring Nas.

To be honest he was on a recent wu tang disc and thats how i looked him up.

His album had the producer dream team that shows up everytime they see what might be the next big thing (premier, large proffessor, alchemist, havoc, prodigy, bun b)

Its good.

We need to get that dream team to produce for you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:01 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

To be honest he was on a recent wu tang disc and thats how i looked him up.

His album had the producer dream team that shows up everytime they see what might be the next big thing (premier, large proffessor, alchemist, havoc, prodigy, bun b)

Its good.

We need to get that dream team to produce for you

I recently did a track with Premier. Well, not with Premier...but I rhymed over a Premier beat. That "Beats That Collected Dust Vol 2" is gonna get some heavy usage as soon as I come out of whatever this is.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 pm 

Premier needs his own thread.

every day it seems you can find a new track preem has done.

The Jordan of DJ's

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
big L - yes you can

i miss the days when popular/straightforward/punchline rappers could actually rap. i can't fathom how anyone not on a strict diet of leadchips can like the lil-wayne-type-crap on the radio now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
sinicalypse wrote:
i can't fathom how anyone not on a strict diet of leadchips can like the lil-wayne-type-crap on the radio now.

indeed...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 am 

My whole crew wild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:45 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
I will murder this thread.

(some song i dont care about)

pfft. donnie, you're out of your element. want some obscure shit that nobody on here has ever heard? i know this one 8-bit enthusiast from oak park who once "made" one of the few mf doom songs i really like. at 57 seconds in, shit, i forget what game it is.... but this shit fucking works like WOO! anyways idk if the doom song is called "change the bit" or if thats what he called his mash, but this is one of those indelible moments of "amateur" music gone totally right

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
No, no...I believe Pastor Troy is the exact type of murder I'm aiming for.

i'll try out your shit i spose, but if it's wrong i might have to provide an example of how to actually kill a mic. of course since youtube hates me i have to go download the mp3... i've never heard of "pastor troy" so i reckon there's prolly a pretty solid reason as to why i haven't. (it's that i'm a nuthugger-jeans wearing hipster at heart, no doubt =)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 am 

ok either you're taking the piss or you're gay.... honestly, i can't tell you which one =D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:00 pm 

my breakfast cereal? i eat lyrical spiritual cheerios

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 pm 

btw guys, via PM i've tried to stage an "emergency quality rap intervention" for our friend and veritable board mascot, imu17. i tossed up this fucking proper and a half lateef the truth speaker mixtape called "truth spoken" from 2004. -- it's chock full of his "classics", and a good % of the production is by chief xcel (the producer from blackalicious) who is seriously the most underappreciated-via-relative-unknown...edness) which means that the shit fucking bumps.

warning: i'm going to delve into tl;dr typical sinicalyptical fare. i know that imu17 is usually on a high horse about my tl;dr-edness, as when he goes out of his way to point out that he's not reading what i wrote it feels just about as barbed as it does coming from anyone who isn't RFDC.

AHEM. imu17 thinks that because he used to listen to aesop rock (fuck that guy, i'm not trying to go to college and major in "deciphering aesop rock tracks" so i have a clue what he's going on about), atmosphere (fell off after the modern man's hustle 12"), MF doom (don't even get me started), royce da 5'9" (he must want brownie points with OKC) and talib kewli (...zzz) that he has successfully gone above and beyond the call of duty in consuming rap and therefore experienced the whole spectrum of everything he can experience, rendering him 100% rap-omniscient and therefore able to decree with divine providence that now, officially, rap sucks. in fact, it sucks so much that his posts in this thread are only jokes meant to piss off OKC, ivan, and RPB (the wu-superfans!)

pfft. is it any wonder that someone who decided that they're better than rap readily touts a list of MCs (meant to show off how deep and well-versed they are in the artform) comprised of mediocre-at-best people who i'd actively try to get rid of immediately if you put them on in my presence? seriously, like, that list screams of acts who fill the role that the roots championed in the late 90s: being the #1 rap group that white people namedrop to other people when they want to sound like they're into "that real shit." HA!

even tho i know my continued patronage of this thread wreaks of my desperate attempts to be viewed as cool by people via association with overtly "intelligent" and/or "underground" niche backpacker rap, still tho, fuck it. if rap about a non-traditional subject matter comprised of excellently euphonic rhymes chock full of 1200+ SAT level words executed at relatively-high speeds on top of grade-A HUGELY SLEPT-ON / UNKNOWN production* is indeed some sort of "niche" then it's a hugely symbolic problem with today's average rap-consumer as opposed to some sort of disparaging statement that could be made about me!

i've gotta fight the good fight, dammit! call me a hipster, call me an elitist, call me a backpacker, call me a nerd, or go and reiterate that my perpetual desire to be recognized as the coolest/realest/most-fucking-awesome rap connoisseur on the board makes me look like a shallow loser... i care naught! as long as this thread exists i am a man on a mission to redefine your hip hop guidelines (and you can play the sidelines ride rhymes in your spare time, imu17) cuz i'd rather stimulate your mind than emulate your purpose. - aceyalone.

(aside from all of my tl;dr bluster, seriously, if any of y'all give the shit i'm throwing out there a chance i reckon you'll find that it's at the very least good solid quality bumpworthy hiphop. i ain't full of shit, you know! and i've tossed up a pretty good deal of free shit like EPs and LPs so like, what the fuck... if you don't nab it and enjoy it then it's your loss! SHOMER SHABBIS!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Krazy Ivan wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
i can't fathom how anyone not on a strict diet of leadchips can like the lil-wayne-type-crap on the radio now.

indeed...

:(

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:39 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Sometimes you need to shut the fuck up sini. I don't like the shit you call music. Deal with it.

ruh oh... someone is getting pissed off. the truth hurts, doesn't it sir imu? as i said in the PM, there's a reason a couple people have PM'd me in the past and kindly asked if i'd follow you around the board and troll the shit out of you until you left the board, eh?

seriously man, i'm trying to combat that "shit you call music" condescension that you're selling wholesale. i don't like most of the shit that the rap-listening-establishment on here calls "rap" or "music" and the reason i staged this INTERVENTION is that i'm trying to show you that there's some shit out there that makes rap look good, as opposed to your borderline-racist opinion that you've started spouting out either as a sign of your psychological shortcomings and/or desire to troll thee aforementioned rap-listening-establishment on the board.

give me some faggy indie rock that you call "music" and i'll listen to it in exchange for you listening to that mixtape i tossed up. that'll be fair. let's try to feel each other out, albeit in a way that's not ideally the way you'd prefer it, sweetcheeks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm 

you know, imu, i was listening to latyrx - rankin #1 (very likely the first rap song that made me go OMFG this shit is amazing... and fuck it's not on youtube in its proper form. i'll have to upload it there) and lateef has a few lines that totally applies to you and your thoughts regarding what "we" call "music"

i showered the suckers in the silence that's golden
submerged them in a rock hard flow that be molten
told them when they started actin cold and too old
that they need to take that punk shit on and be home
[chorus]
....but if you came in here to have fun
you're dealin with the crew that ranks #1
listen children
if you came in here to have fun, yeah
really, i'm gonna tell you don't be no punk
(repeat as the track fades out)

really, it's as simple as that.... so like, i challenge you to find some faggy indierock that you prolly define as "music" and have me listen to it... and you can peep out this mixtape, and in the end i'd say we'd both be better off for it... but like, in my case once i'm done listening i'd prolly have to get an AIDS test just to be sure =D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 pm 

pfft. this is a golden opportunity to gay me up with some of your music here... not to mention, it's seriously your loss cuz this mixtape is some proper diesel shit.

i guess this is why you're the "board institution" that you are. i mean, it's one thing to just kind of ignore me (it works for most) when i come up with some mixtape i want you to hear.... but all of this "[SCOFF] UGH, DUDE, YOU KNOW I USED TO LISTEN TO [insert the names of ~5 rapping outfits that you reckon should earn you respect as a savvy well-cultured ex-hip-hop-aficionado HERE] AND, WELL, I DON'T LISTEN TO RAP ANYMORE [because it sucks]" stuff is just.... crap!

call it a hunch that i'm not the first person you've encountered in life who's tried to shove something down your throat, however, i reckon i'm the only one who's doing it in such a way that you'd legitimately be a better and cooler person if you kicked back and submitted to the will of the pants-wearing-man. ah well... your loss. i guess there is no hope for you, so carry on doing your dumbass "HAHA!!! I'M GOING TO KEEP ON PUTTING SHITTY RAP SONGS IN THEIR THREAD TO MAKE FUN OF THAT BULLSHIT THEY CALL 'MUSIC' " thing and sleep easy secure in your unfuckwithable knowledge that you completely transcend the whole of the communication-medium that is rap... cuz you do. seriously, my whole effort here is coming from a butthurt place that knows that i'm a pathetic savage who is incapable of deriving joy from listening to "civilized" works of "music" that appeal to "upstanding people who i wish liked me."

why can't we just be friends imu? why do you have to reject me by proxy via "my" music? WHY CAN'T WE MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE UNDER THE MISTLETOE?!? DOST THINE YULE LOG NOT BURN?!?! MY LOG DEFINITELY BURNS... FOR YOU, IMU, FOR YOU!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:56 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
in fact, it sucks so much that his posts in this thread are only jokes meant to piss off OKC, ivan, and RPB (the wu-superfans!)

I'd rather not be misrepresented as a "wu superfan." I like em. They're okay. That's about it.

And for the most part, I'm trying to follow you but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about or what your plight is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:33 pm 

Bez - "One Man Cipher" (beat by DJ Premier)
If you got Facebook or any other social media shit, please link this.

Later...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:47 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
in fact, it sucks so much that his posts in this thread are only jokes meant to piss off OKC, ivan, and RPB (the wu-superfans!)

I'd rather not be misrepresented as a "wu superfan." I like em. They're okay. That's about it.

Really? OB4CL was just aight huh?

[And for the most part, I'm trying to follow you but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about or what your plight is.

Bullshit. You didnt read it all then.

Im not saying what Sini is doing is right or cool or funny or that its not but its very easy to follow if you read it all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 pm 

Well, that's different.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
its very easy to follow if you read it all.

nope...

...and wen did I become a wu-superfan?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:04 pm 

:lol: I know what you're doing and y'all are hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Bez - "One Man Cipher" (beat by DJ Premier)
If you got Facebook or any other social media shit, please link this.

Later...

can't wait to put this on when i get home

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
So you're no longer on hiatus?
Christ on a stick man... I can't keep up anymore.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:28 pm 

Darkside wrote:

I never said that. This one just sorta came to me. I had no plans of writing when I wrote it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Darkside wrote:

I never said that. This one just sorta came to me. I had no plans of writing when I wrote it.

ASSHOLE. That's exactly what the fuck I've been TRYING TO TELL YOU!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
its very easy to follow if you read it all.

nope...

I strongly disagree. What are you not able to follow?

That he's criticizing IMU for dismissing a whole genre out of hand and using a list of several artists across the genre to prove he's given in it a chance, when in fact he hasnt?

Again, I dont agree, but it's pretty easy to follow if you want to.

Krazy Ivan wrote:
...and wen did I become a wu-superfan?

Anyone who has listened to anything by any member of the WU since 1997 is a Wu superfan.....to some people

I am certainly NOT a Wu superfan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 pm 

Darkside wrote:

A hip hop artist retired and came back?

Ill alert the media

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Roc C feat Big Pooh & Blu-Styllions (prod. by Madlib)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next