It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jason Goff wrote:
He's right. Fortunately he's received a ton of credit, but the victim role feels better.

I won't disagree but you and drinky do the same thing. You guys do a good job of playing the victims when it comes to your plight at the Score. You guys cry a lot. You really can't deny it although I'll bet both of you will.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:45 pm 

It's a very strange coincidence that I decided to take today off. I went to see Mission Impossible and what song was in the opening scene but Ain't That A Kick In The Head. I was laughing to myself thinking of pappy. I didn't listen to any sports talk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
:shock: you'd have loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 pm 

I recognize North's failures. However, sufficient credit can never really be given for his work in the early days of the Score. He did all of the heavy lifting by which so many others are enjoying a great lifestyle. North and Mac got out and embraced the people in the early days. If it was left up to people like Boers, the station would have never gotten off the ground as he sat behind his mic and fell back on his day job as a reporter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
Jason Goff wrote:
He's right. Fortunately he's received a ton of credit, but the victim role feels better. It'd be silly not to acknowledge the impact that Mike had on this station. It''d also be silly to not acknowledge mistakes made as well. Excuses are way too convenient. Not enough billboards, the other show was simulcast, they dont let me talk politics, Jiggs doesnt want to do more cutting edge stuff, I should have a solo show, I need a partner, I need a better partner, I need a female persepctive; etc. Mike has lived a greast life due to hard work and an entertaining style. Mike has made more money than most of us will ever see. I acknowledge his hustle and what he did to put this station on the map. I'll leave it at that.

That's a fair assessment. You take the bitter with the sweet. I think we learned in 2011 that nobody should be defined entirely either by his bad or good acts.

So you'd object if I compared him to Hitler?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just gave it a listen. Here it is for those that didn't hear it. He also took a shot at Bernstein. He said he was mad at people at the Score who took shots at his wife over the webio thing. That was Bernsie. He was hard on Bebe.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdZ%2FdJ%2FdM%2Fd0%2FZJM0_4.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561658440213023301_iwiEjthnvQM0jzK1uMZgk2r6iTA&podcast_name=Mac+and+Spiegs+Hour+4+1-3-12&podcast_artist=670+The+Score&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
Just gave it a listen. Here it is for those that didn't hear it. He also took a shot at Bernstein. He said he was mad at people at the Score who took shots at his wife over the webio thing. That was Bernsie. He was hard on Bebe.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdZ%2FdJ%2FdM%2Fd0%2FZJM0_4.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561658440213023301_iwiEjthnvQM0jzK1uMZgk2r6iTA&podcast_name=Mac+and+Spiegs+Hour+4+1-3-12&podcast_artist=670+The+Score&station_id=391&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.CHI

C'mon not Lil Danny, he derides internet tough guys.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Nunzio's
Jason Goff

"Do some research. I've given Mike much respect as far as the start of the station is concerned. I call it like I see it."

"Webio is Vietnam now?"

"Speak on the fact that many of my friends are out of a business that they love, because they took a chance and made young mistakes."

"Real slick talk going on. See excuses haven't stopped."[/quote]

You got me on ignore Popa?[/quote]

Negative.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 am 

Quote:
He said he was mad at people at the Score who took shots at his wife over the webio thing. That was Bernsie. He was hard on Bebe.

She was the CEO of webio, she deserves heat, if Pappy was the great businessman that he thinks he is he would understand why she got shit for that. Listen, Pappy deserves credit for the early days of the score, never said he didn't, but at some point he wanted total control and when he got it, everything went to hell, he proved he had no creative skill with total creative control of his show, Anne was a huge mistake, Jen had no business on the air and Matt and Fred were used poorly, all pappy decisions. So with all that, he walks from good money, money that was a gift, dontfademe.com, Webio, wildfire, Monsters in the morning and monsters and money, all failed, pappy had total control of those ventures, who is to blame then? Well according to pappy it was never his fault, that is someone who's ego is clearly out of control and to blame others for his failures is pathetic.

Yes, the people who left the score for webio made their own bed, but pappy gave his word of approval on Hernandez, he wanted to hurt the score so bad and make some money that he risked the careers of others to do so, when he said "well. bebe googled the guy, he came back clean" that should have said it all about his business sense, not to mention a lie, because I googled DH after all this broke and the second site noted his previous trouble with the law, so someone in pappy's house is liar

Pappy is a local sports radio icon, no doubt, but he is also a flaming piece of shit who has and will again sell people out for his own personal gain.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
They never put up enough billboards for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Sometimes out of nowhere I wonder what's the dirtiest thing Jen Patterson's ever done. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:10 pm 

suckers playground wrote:
Sometimes out of nowhere I wonder what's the dirtiest thing Jen Patterson's ever done. What do you guys think?

You do not post here for months and this is the best you got?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:48 am 

I imagine there were no limits even from the time she was serving cocktails at Gibson's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 am 

I would guess she pioneered a sex act that several Blackhawks now refer to as a Jen-Bend

dolphin is right. Waitress to celebrity = No limits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:19 am 

Just to go from student to Gibson's probably required some action as that can be a lucrative job and they have a line a mile long of hotties looking for it...but I imagine there have been "considerations" throughout life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Keeping Score wrote:
I'm almost certain Jen does in fact have limits. I know the look. Not a chance in hell she swallows or does anal.

Do you mean the look you get when you ask the chances of either?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Interesting point, KS. While I'm inclined to agree with the good dolphin, there's an element of (referential pun fully intended) "bend but not break" about Jen Patterson.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:41 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Keeping Score wrote:
I'm almost certain Jen does in fact have limits. I know the look. Not a chance in hell she swallows or does anal.

That's what makes her hotter than she is at first glance - nothing's hotter than when a girl who has the look that she won't do anal or a threeway does those things.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Jewel-Osco
LOL Mike North! The sad thing, he was the Score. I don't really listen much anymore. If North would have made some better choices I'm sure he'd still be there but even if you like him or not the one thing he makes you do is listen. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

North is still full of shit about Hernandez.

Just for old times sake.
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/tow ... .html#more

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5