It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Dan just confirmed that Laurence does indeed have an "edge". Sounds like Dan may have learned this the hard way a long time ago...

I will guess that Larry makes more than guys that Matty, Jason, etc. He does make more due to being on the air more and DePaul.

However, I would also guess Larry is bought and paid for, thus every time he sits in for Mac, Spiegs, Terry, DB, there is no extra $$$$ coming his way, but any other sub requires a check sent out.

So Larry is much more of a financial choice, than a talent choice.

I don't think Mitch wants Matt or Jason leaving the production booth, they drive the BB show...and I do think losing either of them changes the way that show goes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
rogers park bryan wrote:
MxdCookie wrote:
But doesn't Spiegs usually talk a lot more too. I don't think Dan's even paying attention unless it's about hockey or fishing. Regular sports and pop culture are topics that Laurence just knows more about and can talk about more easily than Dan.

Disagree.

First of all, Mac loves baseball and football more than hockey

Seconldy, I consider Mac to be almost "The Natural"-like with sports radio. Even with his limited interests he really doesnt do bad shows. He's just got the IT factor (if that exists in this slovenly medium)

Just my opinion but it amazes me that every time I thinik Mac is past his prime or just not interested enough, I listen to the show and he is great. The guy really was born for this.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Then I unloaded lunch into the waste basket.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:29 pm 

and YET, Gloop has always been one of my favorites here.

I like Mac, but he's not my family or something so Im not gonna fight for his honor or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
and YET, Gloop has always been one of my favorites here.

I like Mac, but he's not my family or something so Im not gonna fight for his honor or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 pm 

Not sure arguing the alleged bigotry is defending his honor.

Its not like I jump in everytime someone rips Chet. Im cool with that.

BTW, the part of that awesome picture that has a headset looks like Bob Costas. Im thinking Chet saw that and was ok with it cus it looks as if Costas is about to blow him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Not sure arguing the alleged bigotry is defending his honor.

Its not like I jump in everytime someone rips Chet. Im cool with that.

BTW, the part of that awesome picture that has a headset looks like Bob Costas. Im thinking Chet saw that and was ok with it cus it looks as if Costas is about to blow him.
Afterward , Costas would be full of self importance and tell you just how meaningful that blow job he just gave Chet was to the fabric of the game.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I've been listening to Danny Mac since before I could drive and I'm 40 now, so you do the math. Fucker would talk nothing but hockey and football when the Chetster was off. Hockey mostly. It would drive me nuts. ARRRR!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
MxdCookie wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:
MxdCookie wrote:
But doesn't Spiegs usually talk a lot more too. I don't think Dan's even paying attention unless it's about hockey or fishing. Regular sports and pop culture are topics that Laurence just knows more about and can talk about more easily than Dan.

Since when are comic books considered pop culture?
I know many 30-plus-year-old guys who can talk about baseball cards, but that doesn't make them pop culture afficianados. They're probably considered nerds.

What is up with your hard on for every comment I make? Who the hell said comic books are pop culture? You seem to be trying a little too hard to find issues. You can play this game yourself.

Seems like I touched a nerve -- not my intent at all. You need to RELAX. Take a breath.
I have not responded to every comment you've made. I'm not the only one in this thread to bring up comic books and Laurence. I don't have to try hard at all to disagree with your comments. This isn't a game -- it's called having a conversation. Some times people aren't in lock-step agreement on an issue here, so they discuss it. Some times people don't care to see someone else's point of view and overstate what is taking place -- that's what you're doing. Have a nice day.