It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
I predict insufferable, he'll be blathering about the meaning of fatherhood and miracle of childbirth and will probably talk about how he's going to vow not to get so huffy about sports because really its just a game and not worth getting angry about in the big scheme of things.

He'll still be 350X better than Crybaby Larry (that's one multiple for every pound of spiegelflesh)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WhiteAndProud wrote:
I predict insufferable, he'll be blathering about the meaning of fatherhood and miracle of childbirth and will probably talk about how he's going to vow not to get so huffy about sports because really its just a game and not worth getting angry about in the big scheme of things.

He'll still be 350X better than Crybaby Larry (that's one multiple for every pound of spiegelflesh)

That doesn't make him wrong about those sentiments though. Just insufferable. :wink:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I think it's already started, just seen on Facebook, how he's glad to be back, but wants to get back home to see his little guy, wants to be cloned.

Of course, today whose kid do you want to hear about the most, Spiegel's or Mac's kid that wanted to go to Indiana State, probably Mac's if he did get to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
transition should be fun....

MattSpiegel670 Matt Spiegel
@dan_bernstein Please don't chart my predicted course with your cynicism/"wisdom." Go ahead & point that fearless realism elsewhere. Thanks.

@dan_bernstein I really should have taken you in the pool for who would dare try to shit on my joy first. Low odds though. #fuckoffgently

@dan_bernstein Your experience won't necessarily be mine;different people. Annoyed by newborns? You're free to not visit mine. #seeyouMonday

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
meat might slap him with his silk gloves, "you nasty man!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:48 am 

I'm an original Spiegal ALSer. What a bitch!

That shit is fine in the privacy of your own home but understand that the rest of the world finds miracle of birth stories insufferable...especially from a mid 40's dude with a lot of relationship baggage that should have hardened him to such sentimentality.

If you have a real need to express yourself take that shit to Tributasauras and go play Arms Wide Open at your next gig.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
good dolphin wrote:
If you have a real need to express yourself take that shit to Tributasauras and go play Arms Wide Open at your next gig.

I'm not going to lie....that right there made me laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm not going to lie....that right there made me laugh.

Ill bet he's done that and if not, he will.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
I'm an original Spiegal ALSer. What a bitch!

That shit is fine in the privacy of your own home but understand that the rest of the world finds miracle of birth stories insufferable...especially from a mid 40's dude with a lot of relationship baggage that should have hardened him to such sentimentality.

Did it happen?

I've always been suprised you like him so much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 am 

Did what happen? I don't follow Tributasaurus even though they play at a venue that is incredibly easy for me to get to and I have some mutual friendships.

I have always liked Speigal for his baseball insights. I thought he brought something the Score was missing when he was rehired. I would probably defend him more vociferously against the detractors here but I don't have time to listen to mid days.

His whole line of responses is disturbing because parents who act like this when the child is born invariably become the people who recognize no fault in their children through childhood.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Did what happen? I don't follow Tributasaurus even though they play at a venue that is incredibly easy for me to get to and I have some mutual friendships.

I have always liked Speigal for his baseball insights. I thought he brought something the Score was missing when he was rehired. I would probably defend him more vociferously against the detractors here but I don't have time to listen to mid days.

His whole line of responses is disturbing because parents who act like this when the child is born invariably become the people who recognize no fault in their children through childhood.

So being joyous about the birth of a child consitutes the foundation for being a bad parent in good dolphin's world?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

Or maybe Meat didn't need nor want any pearls of wisdom about what's going to happen or being told how he's going to feel about his son from BernStine.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Maybe he can put on some hair extensions and do Whitney Houston's "I Get So Emotional."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
good dolphin wrote:
I'm an original Spiegal ALSer.

Just cause you say you were doesn't make it so; Where were you when western front was collapsing? When Scorehead asked daily for meatpants to be fired? When the rest of us ALS'ers were away and Yourmom was left to fend off the CSFMB attackers to protect her man by herself? When Irish Boy threw punch after punch with allegations of red wine with over obnoxious cell phone use, all the while leaving at halftime? And all those countless tributosaurus shows? Where were you?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 pm 

So Spiegel's maternity leave just happens to end when he has a show in 2 days? :lol:

I can think of a way that he could spend more time at home and he wouldn't have to lament going to work on twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:57 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'm an original Spiegal ALSer.

Just cause you say you were doesn't make it so; Where were you when western front was collapsing? When Scorehead asked daily for meatpants to be fired? When the rest of us ALS'ers were away and Yourmom was left to fend off the CSFMB attackers to protect her man by herself? When Irish Boy threw punch after punch with allegations of red wine with over obnoxious cell phone use, all the while leaving at halftime? And all those countless tributosaurus shows? Where were you?!

I answered that question above.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Wow! Spiegs was nowhere near as insufferable as I feared - HERE COMES THE TRANNY though!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
WhiteAndProud wrote:
- HERE COMES THE TRANNY though!

Nah, it's just Thierry.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

So being joyous about the birth of a child consitutes the foundation for being a bad parent in good dolphin's world?

You are too intelligent to make such a simple analysis and I am just intelligent enough not to bother answering the question.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Or maybe Meat didn't need nor want any pearls of wisdom about what's going to happen or being told how he's going to feel about his son from BernStine.

I don't think even the most anti Bernstein poster here read Bernstine's words as anything other than a good natured welcome to the club.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I'm happy for Speigs,but shut off the "whole miracle of birth" thing. I think it's overrated.