It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I despise the self checkout lane almost as much as I hate analogies.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
rogers park bryan wrote:
WarriorDon wrote:
God, this hurts!

Two guys who I love and adore must hand in their man cards.

Ike and Ugie, SERIOUSLY!

Totally agree on Ugie. His posts in this thread were unreal.

What, you never go shopping? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I find grocery store experiences to be less than desirable. Whatever allows me to get out of there as soon as possible and with as little human interaction as possible works for me and that is the self checkout.

agreed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 pm 

I also have a firm no cart policy. If I can't fit it into the basket then I don't need it. Navigating a basket around the store is hard enough. I can't imagine navigating with a cart with all the 3OOlb'ers in the store.

pretty much. i dont remember the last time i used a cart. but i go to the store almost every day... its right down the road.

but i do remember years ago when i didnt live near a grocery store i would have a cart full of shit and regularly would the chicks at the express lanes tell me to come on over. i told them im sure someone will come up right behind me and they always just laughed and said "it doesnt matter"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:00 pm 

I find grocery store experiences to be less than desirable. Whatever allows me to get out of there as soon as possible and with as little human interaction as possible works for me and that is the self checkout.

find better grocery stores. in most areas theres usually just one or two where all the hot women go

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

find better grocery stores. in most areas theres usually just one or two where all the hot women go

Roosevelt & Wabash. College Girls. Your welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
IkeSouth wrote:

I live 2 miles from West Virginia. Its not happening.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

I live 2 miles from West Virginia. Its not happening.

That explains the Ke$ha fascination.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
I come to fall on my sword.

To Ugie: I apologize

To UMN: Sorry, but now you must hand in your man card.

To Ike: Find a store in a smarter neighborhood.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Count your fucking items & follow the rules. This isn't difficult.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 pm 

A few months ago I went to the Jewel in Hickory Hills. There's a morbidly obese middle-aged woman in one of those rascal scooters tooling down the produce aisle. Suddenly, the vehicle stops as the whale spotted something that perked her interest. The leviathan puts the scooter in reverse and when she makes the gear shift the exact sound that a large trucks makes when backing up emanated from the rascal, alerting the entire grocery store to make way for a wide load.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 pm 

Bagels wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
no i honestly thought i had around 12 items. and i was correct. it takes about 30 seconds longer with the extra 6 items. AND SHE HAD A FUCKIN CART. YOU COULD HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT BY CARRYING THOSE 6 ITEMS YOU DUMB FUCKIN LOSER. the way i see it, if you can carry it you can use the express lane. i dont see why i should wait behind cartfulls of people when im standing there holding all my shit.

and this is an upscale grocery store. i shop there just to avoid porpoises like that. most of the women that shop there are pretty and nice, regardless of age or even size.

buying any heirloom tomatoes?

Thank you.

At least I'm not the only one coming to gutless conclusions around here. Bagels is 100% correct on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:36 pm 

How do they give out those rascals? Anyone who asks I presume?

I know some people are fat due to things beyond their control. But there's no way all the people who Ride in those things are like that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Telegram Sam wrote:
I despise the self checkout lane almost as much as I hate analogies.

I'm not letting this gem go unnoticed.

I always abide by the limit, as I would feel very hypocritical the next time I point out to someone they're being an asshole. As I hate shopping about as much as UMN, I typically get as much out of the way at once. I have a stunning inability to pick the proper line as well. It seems as though shitty shopping ninjas appear in front of me at all times. Their only skills are the ability to pull nineteen articles of children's clothing from a secret compartment, and proceed to wait until the entire collection has been recorded to pull a checkbook out of their giant fucking purse.

I think there's a good chance the woman standing behind Ike probably sucks. She sounds like the type of person who lives their life simply to reprimand people of questionable shopping ethics. However, for the purpose of the thread, nomination of the fat old ugly c-bomb at the food store today is denied.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
How do they give out those rascals? Anyone who asks I presume?

I know some people are fat due to things beyond their control. But there's no way all the people who Ride in those things are like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuZHyW-iGI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Zizou wrote:
A few months ago I went to the Jewel in Hickory Hills. There's a morbidly obese middle-aged woman in one of those rascal scooters tooling down the produce aisle. Suddenly, the vehicle stops as the whale spotted something that perked her interest. The leviathan puts the scooter in reverse and when she makes the gear shift the exact sound that a large trucks makes when backing up emanated from the rascal, alerting the entire grocery store to make way for a wide load.

hey , at least she was in the produce aisle and not the bakery section

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
people with more than the stated items in the express lanes are selfish asses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm 

Bud Dude wrote:
people with more than the stated items in the express lanes are selfish asses

people who actually think its a big deal are tyler hansbro's relatives

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:00 pm 

THERE. REDEMPTION TO ALL YOU CSFMB IDIOTS WHO DONT GET IT.

i was in that store today again. i had a handbasket, full of shit. like 30 items. so there was 2 lanes i see, normal lane with a guy just finishing up, and an empty express lane. i go to the normal lane, and the floor manager stops me with a smile. "hi" he says, as he points to the express lane. "this lane is open right now" and i reply "ok, even though im over the express limit?" and he laughs "yes, its no problem"

that is what i was sayin. fuck you all

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
IkeSouth wrote:

i was in that store today again. i had a handbasket, full of shit. like 30 items. so there was 2 lanes i see, normal lane with a guy just finishing up, and an empty express lane. i go to the normal lane, and the floor manager stops me with a smile. "hi" he says, as he points to the express lane. "this lane is open right now" and i reply "ok, even though im over the express limit?" and he laughs "yes, its no problem"

Douche! it's because the lane was fucking empty. You're a sorry sack of shit!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm 

bosco wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Douche! it's because the lane was fucking empty. You're a sorry sack of shit!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:39 pm 

thanks qbovis. even though its clear you are a creepy stalker.