It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'd rather listen to Tesla's greatest hits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Awesome news, but I can't fully enjoy it until I am at the show and they are on the stage. They've said they would tour and record 3 or 4 times since 2000 or so, and always pulled back, at least when it came to the recording part. I saw the original lineup at Ozzfest (2001 IIRC) and it was unreal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm 

Quote:
...I can't fully enjoy it until I am at the show and they are on the stage...

Lo and behold, Bill Ward appears to have backed out because he feels under appreciated.

He had his son issue a statement for him- it was just a kinder, more polished way to say either pay me, or kindly fuck off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 pm 

No way this is good. No. Way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I would like to announce that it is 2012 and Black Sabbath needs to just fade into that dark night.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

The whole thing is a train wreck now "Ozzy and Friends" (basically Ozzy, Geezer and Ozzy's band). I just hope Tony Iommi beats cancer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 am 

Perhaps if this was 1999-2002 I would have made Zakk Wylde pick up an SG, but from 2002 - present he really managed to shit on any credibility Sonic Brew and Stronger than Death earned him, but mostly Sonic Brew. Hands down one of the best, yet most underrated albums my ears have been blessed with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNCSCNqPBI

Since then, he decided that he should be half viking, half biker, and all repetitive. His solo album Book of Shadows is in my top 10 all-time. Hands Down.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:17 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VrN9vrQY-M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:58 am 

I'd rather see Sabbath reunite with Dio.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 pm 

I think I would like Dio better if he didn't sing about rainbows and the elfin lifestyle as much. It's academic. He gone. He actually did tour with Sabbath fairly recently under the name Heaven and Hell pretty much until his death. I think they may have even been planning a new album. Lord knows, he probably had a lot of anger bottled up inside from all the times he couldn't ride roller coasters with his friends as a child and throughout adulthood because of the 54" height requirement, and from the other time where he pulled off the daring escape from the shackles of Klaus of the north pole. That last one was going to make Pink Floyd's The Wall look like a Limp Bizkit b-side.

Last edited by Swingandalongonetoright on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
immessedup17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
I'd rather see Sabbath reunite with Dio.

Or Dido.

8)

Slap yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:53 pm 

Looks like this tour has been whittled down to one show- probably as a result of Iommi's health. Predictable. The bright side of this is the weird Ozzy & Friends tour that came as a result of the unrealized Sabbath tour.

Quote:
Three months after announcing a 2012 tour and album, Black Sabbath has reshuffled its reunion plans in light of guitarist Tony Iommi's battle with lymphoma.

The hard rock legends have confirmed that they plan to play only one show on their planned European tour -- Download Festival, which takes place June 10 in Donnington, U.K. In between the lone performance, Ozzy Osbourne will head out on a 15-date tour as part of "Ozzy & Friends," which will feature special guests like Slash, Zakk Wylde and Sabbath's own Geezer Butler on select dates.

The news follows Black Sabbath's announcement in November that it would embark on a massive tour and record its first album with Osbourne since 1978. Last month, the 63-year-old Iommi, who helped form the original lineup of Sabbath in 1968, announced that he was battling lymphoma and was "determined to make a full and successful recovery." Fortunately, a press release states that Iommi "continues to make excellent progress," and that the planned, Rick Rubin-produced new Black Sabbath album is still in the works.

Meanwhile, Sabbath drummer Bill Ward, who issued a lengthy statement on his website threatening to pull out of the reunion without a "signable" contract, has sent out a new message on his website clarifying that he hopes to participate in the group's upcoming reunion. "I have not declined to participate in the Sabbath album and tour," he wrote on Friday. "At the earliest opportunity, I am prepared to go to the U.K. and record, and later tour with the band. Last week, we sent further communication to the attorney handling the negotiations to try to reach an agreement. At this time we are waiting to hear back. I remain hopeful for a 'singable' contract and a positive outcome."

http://www.billboard.com/events/black-s ... 4752.story

I was all but certain that Merry Mayhem in 2001 would be the last time I would see Ozzy live unless it was with Black Sabbath. Assuming they come stateside, this is an unforeseen exception to that thought. Slash and Zakk Wylde was an idea Axl Rose kicked around before Slash officially left. That makes this worth attending despite Ozzy being there.

Ozzy rocking the J's

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Ozzy looks like someone's grandmother at this point.

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:24 am 

Chus wrote:
Ozzy looks like someone's grandmother at this point.

He looked like someone's grandmother about 30 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Ozzie still being out there live wouldn't be quite as unbearable if they still didn't give him thick eye shadow. He just sort of foot-taps and jiggles in place, but his voice is surprisingly capable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:55 pm 

Here is a roughly 3 minute video on Youtube I found pertaining to this fabled new album. It looks like Bill Ward remains unhappy with his proposed cut and will not be a part of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... h6bUVZbDo#!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Is there a more underrated band from the 80's than Tesla? They are such a solid band that got unfairly lumped into the hair metal genre. They're still putting out great music, and they initiated the whole unplugged phenomenon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
A7X wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Is there a more underrated band from the 80's than Tesla? They are such a solid band that got unfairly lumped into the hair metal genre. They're still putting out great music, and they initiated the whole unplugged phenomenon.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=61197

I think this thread sums up my feelings on that crapass band.