It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upon Further Review...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 am 

Its not Hanley, Its Mully

Hanley is a master of the bad joke. This is true. (Even referred to as Henny Youngman with an attitude in a 1992 review of the Score posted by Panther)

But its only so bad because Mulligan pulls it out of him.

Mulligan makes almost as many bad jokes, but they are met with silence and glossed over.

When Hanley does one, Mulli overlaughs making it terrible.

See, bad jokes CAN be funny. Someone makes a terrible joke or pun and you say HA! sarcastically and its a funny little exchange.

That could be Hanley's role.

But Mulligan will have none of that.

He is trying to make this vanilla morning sports talk show a goofy sports morning talk show and its just NOT

And let me add, that Mulligan is terrible as a speaker.

Again,

This idea that,

Look, Keith Bogans wasnt working out

97% of his sentences start with one of those 3.

It seems Mulligan has this idea in his head of what a sports talk show should be and he tries to force it on his current show.

He should just play it straight. As a straight vanilla sports talk show...its fine.

Oh and add in that Mulligan knows very little about baseball and less about basketball.

These guys are both second bananas. They both could be good as a second guy but they have ratings so why rock the boat.

Hanley, at least, provides some insight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I listened yesterday and this morning for a few minutes. Something else I noticed is the way Mulley asks a question....which isn't really a question at all. It's more of a "hear is a talking point, now agree with me and talk more about it". Or, by the time he's done with the question he'a added so much to it and changed direction so many times that it is unrecongnizable...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
I listened yesterday and this morning for a few minutes. Something else I noticed is the way Mulley asks a question....which isn't really a question at all. It's more of a "hear is a talking point, now agree with me and talk more about it". Or, by the time he's done with the question he'a added so much to it and changed direction so many times that it is unrecongnizable...

Totally.

Loaded questions galore and it gets very akward when the person disagrees

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 am 

I think they can take equal blame for that horrible show. But I like the indepth look into the terrible radio host that is Mike Mulligan.

The way they tried to create some sort of hostility with the Miami guy they had on was just embarrasing. Totally driven by Mulley, but Hanley of course went right along with it...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
"Some insight"....that can't make up for the other 99.5% of absolutely radio shit that comprises this show. Interviews that go nowhere, where you can feel the guy rolling his eyes at M&H as they do their best to sabotage the interview...fake laughter at everyone....dumb everything.

I'm also still waiting for this mythical "inside info" that these idiots possess in spades? I'm also still waiting for those awesome questions they pepper the guest with? I'm still waiting for the supposed "hilarious stories" that Mully belts out every 30 min.

Whatever. The show blows and it is both of their faults. They both need to be held accountable for what they have done and continue to do.

I'll listen from time to time when I'm up for an early, early day at work...with the hope that it will above terrible or at least be listenable...and I'm disappointed every time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Yes, yes, yes.

And Mully will end his long winded non-question with "....I mean, right? am I wrong here?" Or something like that.

And when the guest goes "....uh, actually no....." is golden.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:57 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
"Some insight"....that can't make up for the other 99.5% of absolutely radio shit that comprises this show. Interviews that go nowhere, where you can feel the guy rolling his eyes at M&H as they do their best to sabotage the interview...fake laughter at everyone....dumb everything.

I'm also still waiting for this mythical "inside info" that these idiots possess in spades? I'm also still waiting for those awesome questions they pepper the guest with? I'm still waiting for the supposed "hilarious stories" that Mully belts out every 30 min.

Whatever. The show blows and it is both of their faults. They both need to be held accountable for what they have done and continue to do.

I'll listen from time to time when I'm up for an early, early day at work...with the hope that it will above terrible or at least be listenable...and I'm disappointed every time.

Ill try and post the next good story. There were a lot of good ones for a while there. One was about meeting Oliver Stone.

Maybe he ran out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
rogers park bryan wrote:

Hanley is a master of the bad joke. This is true. (Even referred to as Henny Youngman with an attitude in a 1992 review of the Score posted by Panther)

But its only so bad because Mulligan pulls it out of him.

Mulligan makes almost as many bad jokes, but they are met with silence and glossed over.

When Hanley does one, Mulli overlaughs making it terrible.

See, bad jokes CAN be funny. Someone makes a terrible joke or pun and you say HA! sarcastically and its a funny little exchange.

That could be Hanley's role.

But Mulligan will have none of that.

He is trying to make this vanilla morning sports talk show a goofy sports morning talk show and its just NOT

And let me add, that Mulligan is terrible as a speaker.

Again,

This idea that,

Look, Keith Bogans wasnt working out

97% of his sentences start with one of those 3.

It seems Mulligan has this idea in his head of what a sports talk show should be and he tries to force it on his current show.

He should just play it straight. As a straight vanilla sports talk show...its fine.

Oh and add in that Mulligan knows very little about baseball and less about basketball.

These guys are both second bananas. They both could be good as a second guy but they have ratings so why rock the boat.

Hanley, at least, provides some insight.

Told you.

You really need to consider listening to me more.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I've been saying forever that its Mully!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @this thread.

"You know why this show sucks? Because the host we thought was bad isn't as bad as the other guy, but the fist guy we thought was bad is still pretty fucking bad. Its just that the other guy makes it worse."

Mully is also a dumbass too. He was bitching Monday about Notre Dame losing in the tourny. Said the refs should have swallowed their whistle and not called a lane violation.

Dude, its a VIOLATION! The kid broke the rule. Be mad at the rule or the kid, but don't say the refs should have swallowed their whistle. Should an umpire not call a runner out if he beats a throw but never touches the base just because its the 9th inning? Fuck no..

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:19 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @this thread.

"You know why this show sucks? Because the host we thought was bad isn't as bad as the other guy, but the fist guy we thought was bad is still pretty fucking bad. Its just that the other guy makes it worse."

Mully is also a dumbass too. He was bitching Monday about Notre Dame losing in the tourny. Said the refs should have swallowed their whistle and not called a lane violation.

Dude, its a VIOLATION! The kid broke the rule. Be mad at the rule or the kid, but don't say the refs should have swallowed their whistle. Should an umpire not call a runner out if he beats a throw but never touches the base just because its the 9th inning? Fuck no..

Hello, Friend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
I like to start 97% of my sentences with Look, Keith Bogans wasn't working out

As in Look, Keith Bogans wasn't working out but you can get 5 beef and cheddars for Arby's for 5 dollars.....or Look, Keith Bogans wasn't working out but Jamie Lee Curtis was born with both male and female genitalia

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Look, Keith Bogans wasn't work out and Gerald Ford was chopped into little bits by the propellers of a commuter aircraft today in Flint, MI.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Phil McCracken wrote:

As in Look, Keith Bogans wasn't working out but you can get 5 beef and cheddars for Arby's for 5 dollars.....or Look, Keith Bogans wasn't working out but Jamie Lee Curtis was born with both male and female genitalia

One of those things makes me very happy and the other makes me very sad. I'll let you guess which is which.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
You cannot get male and female genitalia at Arby's, no matter how often you ask. Trust me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
You cannot get male and female genitalia at Arby's, no matter how often you ask. Trust me.

You sir are going to the wrong Arby's.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

You sir are going to the wrong Arby's.

Just ask for the Big Beef and the side of Potato Cakes and wink.....you will be surprised at what happens next....

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Look, I wasn't going to bring this up, but let's be serious for a second.

There's no way that Arby's hat fits anyone but Spanky.

There. It needed to be said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 am 
100000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:

He did this with Bowen this morning. It was actually a good point (Goodell went after coaches, not just players with the Saints), but it took him about 30seconds to ask that 'question' and he said "and again" 4 times.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Spring training needs to end so the pitching coach can get back into his regular season drinking schedule and return to being shitfaced on this show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:08 am 

I drove to work today for the first time in almost 4 years, so I was to give this show a lengthy listen for the first time in a very long time. Good god this shit is brutal. Mully is out on vacation, and it was just bad puns being bounced back and forth for nearly the whole hour I was in the car. I actually flipped over to Mike and Mike a few times, and they were comparing hitting on 16 in Blackjack and going for 2 everytime in football. How does anyone listen to this shit?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Correct. Hanley is of course so bad that he should immediately be put to death for crimes against humanity, but Mulligan is a walking holocaust.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Or, by the time he's done with the question he'a added so much to it and changed direction so many times that it is unrecongnizable...

He indeed does this a lot, but Boers is the absolute and unquestioned master of this. Boers' "questions" are so inane, meandering, and just plain LONG, I'm surprised his guests don't forget they're alive and doing a talk-radio interview.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
I listen for about twenty minutes a day when I let the dog out. I understand radio discipline, but they sound like the show is simply filler to get to commercials. There's never a conversation that can't be stopped to get to a break. It's like they are watching the clock, and as soon as it hits said minute, a "YES" goes off in their heads. "But if Derrick comes back tomor...........you've got 670 The Score."

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:38 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Or, by the time he's done with the question he'a added so much to it and changed direction so many times that it is unrecongnizable...

He indeed does this a lot, but Boers is the absolute and unquestioned master of this. Boers' "questions" are so inane, meandering, and just plain LONG, I'm surprised his guests don't forget they're alive and doing a talk-radio interview.

Boers
: What do you make of this whole Thunder thing, because I liked em last year....and I dont care what you wanna say about who took the last shot...and Ive noticed James Harden is better...but if you really look at it....in point of fact...and Kobe has the mask...but I look at the Spurs and I cant see a way...although you cant count out Pops....that this doesnt end up being true

Guest: What?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:39 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 am 

Why is it Hanley is off so much more than Mully? It seems like that motherfucker is off half the time, yet Mully is like Brett fucking Farve (at least in terms of the Score, where showing up 3/5's of working days qualifies as excellence in broadcasting).

A rare listen for me today, yet this fuckhole is breaking out all the hits: he's thanking guests "a ton," he's using the word "arse." I also hate how Mully randomly punctuates his sentences with "uh": "Well the Bears-uh, want-uh, to try and improve-uh, through both the draft-uh, and through free agency."

God damn do I hate Mulligan. He's the perfect irritant. There's no change to him that you could make which would result in him being more irritating than he already is.