It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
That could be considered difficult radio listening, but honestly it is good for the tough guy sports crowd to hear someone discuss common challenges people face. It's not just Mac that gets medicated, then decides he can do it on his...only to find maybe that wasn't the right choice.

Being honest about that stuff isn't easy, but some other folks probably have similar issues. If hearing a radio luminary (whether you believe this or not is fine) helps a few others suffering a similar fate, then it's worth the first segment of his return.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:25 am 

Depression can be treated with meds, they will find one for Dan, self control I think is his biggest hurdle, wish him all the luck he needs.

pizza_Place: world famous
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
He's been down these depression/addiction/bad nutrition/anger management roads many, many times before. If you think it will be different this time, I've got some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. His show still sucks. Thus endeth my 15 minutes of Danny Mac for the year. Back to Silvy and Waddle--they ain't perfect, but they're better than this shit.

have fun. I will never understand why people feel the need to announce this - like anyone gives a shit what you do.

pizza_Place: Lucano's
I applaud his willingness to share something so private, but the line about regaining the listeners' trust was a little over the top and pandering, in my opinion.

It's sports/guy talk. Just put on a good show, and I'll worry about who I trust. Or not.

Throwing it out there, but how important is it for you to trust the hosts you enjoy/listen to?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
redskingreg wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Boo Freaking Hoo

Everything is someone elses fault or a "disease".

Grow a pair crybaby.

Yeah! Mental illnesses and addictions are for pansies! You tell 'em, GK!

Keep fighting the good fight, you pudwack. Why do you listen?

Oh no, it's not Mac's fault. It's not his fault he got sacked from the saloon. Its not his fault that he got a recession midday contract. Not his fault that he smokes weed and does blow. Not his fault he's in Traditions with his loser pals at least once a week. He is certainly smarter than the doctor that perscribed him the anti depressant meds, and is smart enough to live with out them. And it wasn't his fault that he didn't recognize that he in fact did need them.

But it sure was fun to laugh at Tiny during all his troubles.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Best of luck, Mac.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Tiny had to get arrested to get clean.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: world famous
I had a friend who stopped taking his depression meds. He killed himself within two weeks. People who don't think depression is a disease just don't get it.

Good luck, Mac. Sounds like you're on the right path.

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Boo Freaking Hoo

Grow a pair crybaby.

Yeah! Mental illnesses and addictions are for pansies! You tell 'em, GK!

Keep fighting the good fight, you pudwack. Why do you listen?

Oh no, it's not Mac's fault. It's not his fault he got sacked from the saloon. Its not his fault that he got a recession midday contract. Not his fault that he smokes weed and does blow. Not his fault he's in Traditions with his loser pals at least once a week. He is certainly smarter than the doctor that perscribed him the anti depressant meds, and is smart enough to live with out them. And it wasn't his fault that he didn't recognize that he in fact did need them.

PTFB! There are plenty of other things out there to bide your listening time. You know an awful lot about Mac, for someone who gives the impression of strongly disliking him. Channel that anger towards something positive. Go buy a fucking sewing kit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:29 am 

Quote:

You couldn't be more correct.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
That was different though. Tiny was driving drunk. I don't think they were laughing at rehab.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Rastrelli's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Boo Freaking Hoo

Grow a pair crybaby.

I signed up for this forum to say only one thing.

Go Fuck Yourself, seriously.

I never heard Mac blame anyone, he very openly talked about issues that many people keep in a dark corner. Mac did it on the radio in the third biggest media market in the country and he did it knowing that fuckheads like you were going to say/post things like that for no other reason than to ridicule him.

Good luck and welcome back Dan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Depression is the new go to blame for everything. It probably does exist but I would hazard a guess that some people are just in it for the meds.

I dont really know Mac so I dont truthfully care but anything that gets LoHo off the air is OK by me. Hell, I love White Sox radio broadcasts because of that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Franky T wrote:
I had a friend who stopped taking his depression meds. He killed himself within two weeks. People who don't think depression is a disease just don't get it.

Good luck, Mac. Sounds like you're on the right path.

Quitting benzo's and barbiturates cold turkey after taking them for a time will sometimes kill you even if you are just taking them to get high.

Incredibly addictive and very powerful....take them for a period of time, try to quit and you will be hurting if not in the hospital or dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'm disturbed by the level of hatred aspoused by SID and Gloop in this thread. What did Dan McNeil do to you guys to warrant those reactions and comments?

Granted, I'm not a fan of his show but this is more than just radio. This is real life stuff here. I do hope for the best for Dan and I'm not sure why anyone else wouldn't really.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
It probably does exist but I would hazard a guess that some people are just in it for the meds.
True, but you could say the same thing about people who complain about a toothache.

Never had it myself, only had a small issue with it involving a close family member, but have heard a lot of horror stories regarding depression. I wish everybody deal with Mac's situation and depression in general the best of luck.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
He's been down these depression/addiction/bad nutrition/anger management roads many, many times before. If you think it will be different this time, I've got some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. His show still sucks. Thus endeth my 15 minutes of Danny Mac for the year. Back to Silvy and Waddle--they ain't perfect, but they're better than this shit.

Thank You for your psychological expertise...now go spank the monkey.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Depression is the new go to blame for everything. It probably does exist but I would hazard a guess that some people are just in it for the meds.

It probably exists like cancer and parkinson's probably exist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
It probably does exist but I would hazard a guess that some people are just in it for the meds.
True, but you could say the same thing about people who complain about a toothache.

Never had it myself, only had a small issue with it involving a close family member, but have heard a lot of horror stories regarding depression. I wish everybody deal with Mac's situation and depression in general the best of luck.

If people say they have it, who am I to judge? I just can't fathom the level of depression that brings people to get medication or makes them struggle to get out of bed. I've certainly been depressed before. I just move on and get on with my life. Life is too short to do otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It was sort of awkward hearing him talk about Josh Hamilton. I could tell they wanted to make a joke.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Can we agree that the Aerosmith opener was cliche and lameorama?

And as predictable as the sun rising in the east.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I can see a tumor and I can see people shaking uncontrollably and not being able to walk. I can't see depression. I think it exists in much fewer numbers than we would be led to believe.

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
double post.

it's been a while since this section had this much action.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_Place: Beggars
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I dont really know Mac so I dont truthfully care but anything that gets LoHo off the air is OK by me. Hell, I love White Sox radio broadcasts because of that.

Now LoHo will go back to his old show thus screwing up my evening workout. That guy is brutal at night. I really wish he'd leave.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

If people say they have it, who am I to judge? I just can't fathom the level of depression that brings people to get medication or makes them struggle to get out of bed. I've certainly been depressed before. I just move on and get on with my life. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Depression isn't just being sad. Everybody gets sad.

Depression is when your life seems so miserable and the thought of having to be around any living being is so horrifying that you shut down. When you find no joy in a loving family and good friends. When you literally wish you were dead because you know there's something wrong with the way you feel but you can't change it.

I speak from experience. It's horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
They could have went with "Return of The Mack" by Mark Morrison.

1000 CLUB

Don't think this return will last very long.

Hank Scorpio wrote:

You did not have the type of depression people are refering to here if you just "Got on with your life"

That's not how it works.

Its not feeling blue or a little sad or had a bad week.

Its crippling and ruins and ends lives.

And the chemical inbalances that cause depression are proven by science so being skeptical is pretty silly at this point.

Yes, some people abuse or self diagnose when they arent really depressed.

Doesnt mean it doesnt exist for other people.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I can see a tumor and I can see people shaking uncontrollably and not being able to walk. I can't see depression. I think it exists in much fewer numbers than we would be led to believe.

Can you see a chart that shows the chemical levels in peoples bodies/brains?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Prolonged use of weed doesn't help either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next