It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 pm 

I did put something on video. Mitch told me the audio was poor quality so they didn't run it. My son had an event that was very special to him/us Friday night. My absence wasn't "a statement" or a "fear" of being around alcohol. I don't fear it. It wasn't even my drug of choice.

As for the co-hosts when a regular isn't there... I've had a few "gliches" with this since I returned to the Score in '09. A couple of the guys had a fit when I brought in Teddy Greenstein. I told Mitch... you talk to ______.... I'll talk to _______. We both did. I was diplomatic, but direct. I never have and never will get my panties in a bunch over fill-in hosts, guests, etc. on other shows. I'm not the PD. Conversely, I do not find it acceptable and will express that should somebody attempt to block my efforts at securing a Spiegel fill in. Yeah, I would love to have North sit in down the road, but it's management that has an issue with it. Maybe someday that will change.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
THE WIND SOCK wrote:
Caught a snipit of guys bitching who sits in when Mac or Speigs is gone and Mac pretty much said mind your own business to those crying . Find it interesting they didn't go further with this .

I don't understand LoHo filling in all the time when he has his own show would like to hear Goff getting that slot .
Fill me in on what Mac was talking about .

Need to understand that Larry has a contract to do what Mitch tells him to do. So if anyone takes a day off, Larry fills in. Larry doesnt make anymore money for this and it doesnt cost the Score anymore money for Hub, Seacrest, etc.

To have Larry in the daytime and have Hub fill in at night costs far less than having Hub in during the day.

When I listen to Mac with Larry the moments of train wrecks seem to come 2-3 times a show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
reents wrote:
with Holmes getting the most.

Maybe it was easier to fill Holmes' slot at night so they just moved him up for the last few weeks??

And Mac, nice to see you making a presence in here again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 pm 

Mac wrote:
I did put something on video. Mitch told me the audio was poor quality so they didn't run it. My son had an event that was very special to him/us Friday night. My absence wasn't "a statement" or a "fear" of being around alcohol. I don't fear it. It wasn't even my drug of choice.

As for the co-hosts when a regular isn't there... I've had a few "gliches" with this since I returned to the Score in '09. A couple of the guys had a fit when I brought in Teddy Greenstein. I told Mitch... you talk to ______.... I'll talk to _______. We both did. I was diplomatic, but direct. I never have and never will get my panties in a bunch over fill-in hosts, guests, etc. on other shows. I'm not the PD. Conversely, I do not find it acceptable and will express that should somebody attempt to block my efforts at securing a Spiegel fill in. Yeah, I would love to have North sit in down the road, but it's management that has an issue with it. Maybe someday that will change.

Finfer and Mac sound good! Should be more of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Having North sit in would be fun if it were all about talking sports and some past good times.....but I, and probably management as well, can't see him passing up the opportunity to use it as a forum to stir up old shit and defend/make excuses. He couldn't get through the phone interview without doing it though Meat seemed to be prodding him a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:10 pm 

Yeah, it's North, everything he does has a tone of revenge in it. Would be great to have him back on the air even for a day, but he would turn it into a nightmare for Mitch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Cuda wrote:
reents wrote:
with Holmes getting the most.

Maybe it was easier to fill Holmes' slot at night so they just moved him up for the last few weeks??

And Mac, nice to see you making a presence in here again.

Oh I'm sure it was after a few Mike Hard Lemonades.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
They didn't go to this in transition, the Bulls-Heat game and if it;s meaningless, Spiegel did say during the show that it did and for people to say that it is meaninless is lazy.

Wonder how B&B would say to that, did hear during the show at the end, that the game didn't matter and if I understood it right their guest from Probasketballtalk.com agreed with them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 pm 

reents wrote:
They didn't go to this in transition, the Bulls-Heat game and if it;s meaningless, Spiegel did say during the show that it did and for people to say that it is meaninless is lazy.

Wonder how B&B would say to that, did hear during the show at the end, that the game didn't matter and if I understood it right their guest from Probasketballtalk.com agreed with them.

Yep. BernSTINE led the guest to that final question and the guest said it was and Lil' Danny was like a kid who just unwrapped his first Nintendo on Christmas morning.

I wondered why he took so much joy in hearing it but now I do.

Meat is right, though, the "no games matter" approach is lazy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mac wrote:

i would tune in to hear north
as a fill in...not a regular

what was your drug of choice? blow?.... if i were mitch i would mandate no greenstein or cowley ever right after i fired larrys' ass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I used to think Hatchetman was Mully

HA!HA!HA!

:shock: That's how Mully laughs...

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 pm 

I think it is much more of an,,

OoooHHHH Har Har Har

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 pm 

so north probably didnt want an "appearance fee" as claimed today, more likely he asked to sit in for a day, but not for free. im sure after being laughed at for that proposal he didnt feel much need to go to the ex-company party with a couple friends and a couple hundred fake friends.

but whatever. the score would be stupid not to let north sit in. its instant ratings. everyone knows that even the people who hated him the most WOULD NOT tune out that day. and if it pisses off wittle danny bitchstein... GOOD. i get things done to me at work that i dont like either. get the fuck over it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Like most of the issues mentioned here regarding the Score, the problems all go back to Mitch & a lack of leadership/management. He needs to go

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Spiegs getting pissy with the guy who called in to say Danny Mac needs to watch more sports. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
redskingreg wrote:
Spiegs getting pissy with the guy who called in to say Danny Mac needs to watch more sports. Good stuff.

Spiegs seems incredibly sensitive to criticism. They rarely take calls that criticize them in any manner, and compared to a B&B/caller argument, that was nothng. And yet he couldn't help by bring it back up several times after the call ended.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am 

What if this is as good as it gets?

Then we'll keep beating Silvy and Waddle's brains in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Like most of the issues mentioned here regarding the Score, the problems all go back to Mitch & a lack of leadership/management. He needs to go

How long are you gonna say this?

Arent they killing it in the ratings? (The only thing that matters)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

Wha' happun'???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:48 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Wha' happun'???

Check out the podcast. It's within the first thirty minutes of today's show. The caller complained that it took them 13 minutes to discuss the Bulls.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 am 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Everyone on the score is allowed vacation days whenever they want. Why they should complain?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 am 

uofiguy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Spiegs seems incredibly sensitive to criticism. They rarely take calls that criticize them in any manner, and compared to a B&B/caller argument, that was nothng. And yet he couldn't help by bring it back up several times after the call ended.

Will agree 100% with this uofiguy, seems like the most thin skinned person at the Score.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
You would think a guy who was close to 500 lbs would have developed some ability to shed criticism.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:43 am 

reents wrote:
uofiguy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Will agree 100% with this uofiguy, seems like the most thin skinned person at the Score.

AND he referenced it on Twitter this a.m. Something about having lots of Blackhawks discussion and will have Bulls chatter within 13 minutes of starting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:01 am 

I think all I have heard is 95% Blackhawks and the rest was the Bears Schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I guess an entire show of Blackhawks discussion is acceptable as long as it's going to be 4 hours of their fans lamenting about bad officiating and moaning about their impending exit from the postseason. Warms the cockles of my heart to hear how frustrated some people are. Ideally, this series lasts 7 games and the Coyotes take it in OT. Also, Canucks go on to win the Cup.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 am 

Forgot which former player they were interviewing just now, but it was a 5-minute discussion on the Hossa play. At the end, he admitted he had not seen the play yet. He was working last night. Apparently he told Finfer, pre-interview, that he had seen it. Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside

Waddle and Silvy 1, Danny Mac 0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Swingandalongonetoright wrote:
I guess an entire show of Blackhawks discussion is acceptable as long as it's going to be 4 hours of their fans lamenting about bad officiating and moaning about their impending exit from the postseason. Warms the cockles of my heart to hear how frustrated some people are. Ideally, this series lasts 7 games and the Coyotes take it in OT. Also, Canucks go on to win the Cup.

I'm sorry they're not talking enough White Sox for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Not too sure I want to hear about the Sox either. Have tickets for tonight but I don't even feel like having it on the radio as background noise.