It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2012 NFL Mock Draft
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
Please please please let the Rams get the Blackmon...

I never thought it was possible awhile back, but never underestimate the stupidity of the Redskins, Browns, and Vikings.

Now watch him fall to the Rams and they pass on him. :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:14 pm 

I don't know if Blackmon is the best player in the draft, but I would not want my team to pass on him if they weren't drafting a QB.

I almost think Luck is starting to look bad in some peoples eyes simply because he has been the best player in the draft for..........26 months? It's like the thought of him has gotten.....stale?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
lipidquadcab wrote:

Please please please let the Rams move back home to L.A.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

I never thought it was possible awhile back, but never underestimate the stupidity of the Redskins, Browns, and Vikings.

Now watch him fall to the Rams and they pass on him. :lol:

Todd McShay is saying the Rams are in love with Richardson, enough to even consider trading up for him. I have no idea how accurate that is, since it's counterintuitive on every level.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Todd McShay is saying the Rams are in love with Richardson, enough to even consider trading up for him. I have no idea how accurate that is, since it's counterintuitive on every level.

That sounds like something the Rams would do. Let's trade up to get a position that is not our top need right now and pass on the best player in the draft who will more than likely be there in our regular spot and fills one of the top needs on the team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
If they have the opportunity to get Blackmon and don't, I'm officially done with professional football.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Does anyone see a player take a Brady Quinn-type freefall? For some reason, I think the Bears are going to have a guy available that they didn't think would be there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
lipidquadcab wrote:
If they have the opportunity to get Blackmon and don't, I'm officially done with professional football.

Will you come back if he's a bust and whoever they get is a Pro Bowler?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Peoria Matt wrote:
Does anyone see a player take a Brady Quinn-type freefall? For some reason, I think the Bears are going to have a guy available that they didn't think would be there.

Depending on trades it could be a guy like Luke Keuchly or even Michael Floyd.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
If the Dolphins pass on Tannehill and profootballtalk.com put a thing about a contract that could make the DOlphins pass on him, Tannehill would fall.

I did like during the Notre Dame Spring Game, they asked Mayock any chance Floyd goes before Blackmon, he didn't rule it out.

Here is what Profootball talk put.

With the top two quarterbacks in the 2012 rookie class destined to be the first two picks in the 2012 draft (barring something entirely unexpected in the next six days), the player to whom the most uncertainty and intrigue attaches for round one is Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

He could go anywhere from No. 3 (if the Vikings trade down) to No. 15 (if the Eagles take him or trade down). Seahawks G.M. John Schneider recently has said he expects Tannehill to be gone by the time Seattle exercises the 12th pick in the draft. However, there’s one specific factor that could push Tannehill out of the top 10.

Under the new CBA, a team may sign its first-round pick to a four-year contract with an option for a fifth year. The salary for the fifth year is based on a formula that hinges on whether the player is picked in the top 10 or the next 22.

For the top 10, the salary is determined by calculating the average of the 10 highest-paid players at the pick’s position in the prior season. For the next 22, the number is determined by calculating the average salary of the third-highest paid player at the position through the 25th highest paid player at the position in the prior season.

It’s a potentially huge difference, especially at the quarterback position. And, by 2016, it could be a gigantic number for Tannehill, given that the 10 highest-paid quarterbacks make considerably more money than No. 3 through No. 25 on the cap-number list.

And so, after Tannehill’s fourth season in the NFL, a team that takes him in the top 10 would have to be ready to give him elite quarterback money in year five, regardless of whether he’s playing at an elite level. Complicating matters is the possibility that Tannehill, a converted receiver, will need a year or two on the bench before being ready to play, giving a top-10 team even less time to assess whether Tannehill deserves top-10 quarterback money for 2016.

This year, the Chiefs hold the No. 11 selection in round one, and G.M. Scott Pioli recently pointed out the value that comes from the shift in the fifth-year calculation that applies at that spot. I also addressed the situation during Friday’s PFT Live, and I misspoke regarding the precise difference between the top 10 picks and the next 22. I incorrectly said that the top 10 players get the franchise tender under the fifth-year option. It’s actually the transition number.

Tannehill also appeared on PFT Live today. And I didn’t get into these nuances with him; it wouldn’t be good for the guest to fall asleep during the interview.

Still, it’s an important factor that could cause a team in the top 10 to ultimately pass on Tannehill. If a team in the top 10 still takes him, that team is buying itself a potentially significant dilemma for the 2016 season

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
FavreFan wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Will you come back if he's a bust and whoever they get is a Pro Bowler?

I'll buy that guys jersey and name my first born after him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am 

More and more you hear, the Vikings will pass on Kalil and take Claiborne from LSU or a possible trade to Tampa, so Tampa can take Richardson.

If that trade happend, could hurt the Rams in getting Blackmon, because the Browns could be taking Richardson and if he's not there, do they go Blackmon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 am 

I believe the Rams feel they are ok with either Blackmon or Floyd.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 am 

I would say there's 4 guys going from 3-6, Richardson, Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon.

So if Blackmon's gone by 6, Rams would take 1 of the other 3 guys.

On USA today, they had reports of a possible Steven Jackson trade, the Rams have dismissed those.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:19 am 

It's Draft Day/Night.

THe latest news has been about the Bills, on Tuesday it was taking Mark Barron of the Bills, then last night trading up to get Kalil from USC.

Also, on Draft Coverage, if you have followed Deion Sanders this week, first calls the police on his wife for attacking him and tweets about it and pictures of his children filling out the police report. Then Deion got charged too, but not arrested.

The NFL Network will still have Deion for their Draft Coverage.