It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Now I see why this goes on without notice -- Mitch just said Brad Ass-mus when referring to Ausmus.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i know i posted in this thread..but my post is missing :x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
She really is terrible. I usually change the station if Spain is doing updates on AM1000, but if I switch to WSCR Keary is bumbling her way through their update. I might find Spain grating, but at least she can read.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
She really is terrible. I usually change the station if Spain is doing updates on AM1000, but if I switch to WSCR Keary is bumbling her way through their update. I might find Spain grating, but at least she can read.

I haven't heard an update where she hasn't either fallen all over a phrase or word, or simply completely lost her place in the update copy. It's become absurd, babybrain or not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Pardon me, but isn't it a job requirement for a radio or tv broadcaster to be able to read & speak well? Kerry absolutly butchered an update a couple of hours ago. She is horrible.
The best update guy ever was Joe Bartosch.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Blasphemy!

George Offman was great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
Kerry absolutly butchered an update a couple of hours ago. She is horrible.

Yes, it was godawful. I think she's getting worse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Pardon me, but isn't it a job requirement for a radio or tv broadcaster to be able to read & speak well? Kerry absolutly butchered an update a couple of hours ago. She is horrible.

Bartosch: "O-fficially at O'Hare...53 Santiago blows the save degrees!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:20 pm 

not sure how she is still employed .she is brutal...probably stutters and stammers through 95% of her reads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:22 pm 

312player wrote:
not sure how she is still employed .she is brutal...probably stutters and stammers through 95% of her reads

Well, Comcast SportsNet wouldn't renew Kerry's contract for starters. Now that Dionne Miller, just in from FOX Sports Ohio, has been hired as Lou Canellis' primary backup and new weekend sports anchor, Kerry doesn't have the FOX32 gig either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 pm 

@ shark ..who beat larry the lame out for the nbc job?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:03 pm 

"Out -- pause -- fielder Hidek Matsui"
Maybe she burped during the noon read.
So far today, she's batting 4-for-6 in botched-up updates.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
During the 10:00 update, she said something about the NIU QB being Mr. Irrelevant, which is true, but she had some weird logic about how he almost wasn't because San Diego had a deal in place as an unrestricted free agent. OK, but since he WAS Mr. Irrelevant, there's no "he almost wasn't."

Admittedly, this is minutia, but damn you, Eaglo! I can't listen to her now without noticing every dumb thing she says.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
While listening this morning, I was thinking the same thing. She reminds me of the girl who used to read the morning announcements when I was in high school, and she was taking freshman classes as a senior. I thought she was pretty well polished when she was at Comcast. Is it really harder to read a piece of paper in front of you then it is to read a scrolling TelePrompTer? I like her, think she's hot, and she seems like a pretty cool person, but she hasn't improved one bit from when she started.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
During the 10:00 update, she said something about the NIU QB being Mr. Irrelevant, which is true, but she had some weird logic about how he almost wasn't because San Diego had a deal in place as an unrestricted free agent. OK, but since he WAS Mr. Irrelevant, there's no "he almost wasn't."

Admittedly, this is minutia, but damn you, Eaglo! I can't listen to her now without noticing every dumb thing she says.

I would hope that the constructive criticism is helping her, not hurting. I like Kerry and she was a very pleasant lady to meet. I'm sure the pregnancy is hurting her performance to some degree.

By the way, I'd be in alot of trouble if the tables were turned and Kerry was critiqing my job performance. :wink: :shock: :shock: :oops:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:33 pm 

yeah i have definitely noticed pregnant women have a hard time reading and speaking...does she get paid extra to say " off the snide" ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
312player wrote:
yeah i have definitely noticed pregnant women have a hard time reading and speaking...does she get paid extra to say " off the snide" ?

Well, you know how people say, "She's eating for 2?"

Maybe Kerry is dyslexic for 2.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:17 pm 

The fumbling and bumbling continues.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:24 pm 

Any idea what Joe Bartosch is doing these days? Damn, I miss his sports update & comedy stylings... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I would actually like to see the copy she is reading....is it a properly worded printout? Written legibly? What it sounds like is she is reading from a dog eared, coffee ring stained, wrinkled up piece of dog eared paper that has the copy written in faded pen by a monkey that's lit up on a jug of Carlos Rossi merlot.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
SomeGuy wrote:
I would actually like to see the copy she is reading....is it a properly worded printout? Written legibly? What it sounds like is she is reading from a dog eared, coffee ring stained, wrinkled up piece of dog eared paper that has the copy written in faded pen by a monkey that's lit up on a jug of Carlos Rossi merlot.

It's not that hard of a job to do. Every 20 mins you have to give an update and try and sound like you have actually read something aloud before.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:21 pm 

she probably gets paid $12 an hour. what do you all expect? i bet during her down time shes forced to do data entry. yes you know what i mean

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
Should bring her in at about 8:30, in a studio, make her read it until she either gets it right or have enough to piece together for one good one and replay it all day. (Which would be fewer takes, an update for her or a Hamp commercial??) :D

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Scorehead wrote:

No. His bad and badly delivered jokes hung in the air like nasty farts. It was like Neil Hamburger without it being a bit.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

No. His bad and badly delivered jokes hung in the air like nasty farts. It was like Neil Hamburger without it being a bit.

He could at least speak in complete sentences and even say words in proper fashion.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:55 pm 

Constantly referring to basketball as "hoopage" isn't proper. Or if it is, it's just annoying as shit.

SomeGuy wrote:

It's been hinted here that not all update anchors write their own copy, nor do they even get to read it off a monitor. Given that I distinctly remember Bernstein mocking Mitch for a memo that unironically referred to Mundelein as "Mudline," I can't even begin to imagine the staggering illiteracy of Score employees who aren't six-figure middle managers for CBS Radio in the #3 media market.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Constantly referring to basketball as "hoopage" isn't proper. Or if it is, it's just annoying as shit.

SomeGuy wrote:

It's been hinted here that not all update anchors write their own copy, nor do they even get to read it off a monitor. Given that I distinctly remember Bernstein mocking Mitch for a memo that unironically referred to Mundelein as "Mudline," I can't even begin to imagine the illiteracy of Score employees who aren't six-figure middle managers for CBS Radio in the #3 media market.

Well maybe, just maybe those that do the updates could do us a great favor and read the fucking thing before spouting off on the air.

LOOK AT RANDAZZLER. Dude is a champ, professional, can't be fazed and gives me the info I need without messing up words like "outfield" and such.

Wayne Randazzo just speaks to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:01 pm 

In fairness, reading copy isn't as easy as you think, especially if you're sight-reading. Read something out loud bearing in mind that you cannot make a single mistake in inflection, breathing, or pronunciation. Easy to psych yourself out. But of course, there's the occasional slip or garble, and then there's the WSCRian shit parade of "John Mound on the danks for the Sex tonight it's a 1:05 shart" or whatever it is they're reporting these days.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
In fairness, reading copy isn't as easy as you think, especially if you're sight-reading. Read something out loud bearing in mind that you cannot make a single mistake in inflection, breathing, or pronunciation. Easy to psych yourself out. But of course, there's the occasional slip or garble, and then there's the WSCRian shit parade of "John Mound on the danks for the Sex tonight it's a 1:05 shart" or whatever it is they're reporting these days.

I get ya'. But you're right, there is a huge difference between a slight miss step and not being able to say any words right and taking 3 minutes to do a 60 sec copy read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next