It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mac vs. North
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
For someone who hates Mac so much, you sure do care a lot about his future. Keep fighting the good fight, pudwack. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I think there is more to Mac's story than rehab for weed. Maybe he smashed his car up, maybe he paid off some Indiana cop, who knows. He's one of those guys who thinks he's way hotter shit than he is. If he continues to feed his ego to excess, he won't make five years.

And if I were to bet on who has the bigger bank account, I would pick North. The only way Mac has more is if his wife is doing really well. If you seperate her out, hands down North is doing better, simply because the guy never rests. Sure his act is stupid, and his show is like listening to fingernails on the chaulkboard, but you have to admire the guy just because he never goes away. Mac could give a shit and it is painfully obvious. If he had 10% of North's drive he'd be miles ahead.

As far as you Mac apologists go, I know its never Mac's fault. It's the recession, Harry got him fired, Mitch is stupid, waaah waaaah waaaah. You make your own breaks.

Gloop, you are just wayyyyyy Off here. Mac is maybe the most down to earth 'celeb' (if thats what you want to call him) as I have met. Most guys are amazingly full of themselves, not even sure you would believe what bad guys most are.

Most guys/girls have no time for anyone that can't offer them something now or in the future.

I still think you are a guy who feels Mac did him wrong at one time? IMO

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
bigfan wrote:
I still think you are a guy who feels Mac did him wrong at one time? IMO

Just like Beardown and WhiteAndProud?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I don't understand where this conversation started and what it's turned into. Gloo, it well known you and SID don't like Mac. That's fine. Because of that, and because he doesn't work as hard as you might expect/demand, you think he'll be wormfood in 5 years?

Okay. How would I know?

Then its mutated into a pissing contest over whether North's hustle outweighs Mac, and then household income. This is an odd variation of "my dad can beat up your dad," with the weirdness being I don't actually know either dad...

But! I've heard North's morning show and found it worse that PTFB bad. I heard Mac's ESPN and Score efforts and have found them listenable. Does that have any bearing on the deadpool? Or whether one dad can beat the other? Who cares.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think they both view themselves a celebrities. I dont. But I do admire their ability to make money talking about sports. They both somehow think because they took a polaroid with Lasorda or played in a golf tournament with Doug Collins that they are "big in the Biz". Maybe that would happen to anyone but Mac has stayed way more grounded than North. Mac shares way too much personal info and North cant spell "personal info".

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac isn't "grounded". He's fucking stoned.

I asked the oiriginal question, in five years who is better off? I contend North because the guy is always working. I think Mac has more talent, but that means nothing if he doesnt give a shit.

Then the ALSers come in with their delusional thoughts on how Mac is making a ton of money now and he's carrying the ratings and blah blah blah. People, get a clue. Mac is washed up working middays. The only stop left is the Dahl podcast.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:10 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac isn't "grounded". He's fucking stoned.

I asked the oiriginal question, in five years who is better off? I contend North because the guy is always working. I think Mac has more talent, but that means nothing if he doesnt give a shit.

Then the ALSers come in with their delusional thoughts on how Mac is making a ton of money now and he's carrying the ratings and blah blah blah. People, get a clue. Mac is washed up working middays. The only stop left is the Dahl podcast.

Your continued denial of the indisputable fact that ratings have followed McNeil whereever he has gone is completely destroying your credibility.

Also, you seem to think North is "always working"

Mac has been working or on a payroll for over 20 years. What are you talking about?

Youre better than this

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Your continued denial of the indisputable fact that ratings have followed McNeil whereever he has gone is completely destroying your credibility.
This implies he has credibility to begin with.

North has sponsored Tweets, for whatever that is worth. That has alone has to put him in the 6 figure range.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Mac's lucky if he's in 6 figures.

North is the only one who is trying to make more.

You don't know what you are talking about.

As far as the pair going forward, I see Mac continuing as long as he cares to. 5 years?.....Mac may decide to walk away in 5 years. Then again, he may move back to afternoons or another station again. North is a guy that really made a huge mark as an on-air personality. But he got confused. He stopped just talking sports and thought he could have his buddies (Fritzy for one) come on the show and report about what was going on in his life. Oh.....and while you are listening, how about adopting a dog? here's my wife Bee Bee to tell ya a little about scruffy. I think he lost perspective and blew what had been a great thing. He and Jiggetts were awesome together for a long stretch. I could see North getting a chance again, but he would have to be willing to have a producer dictate things and not enjoy free reign over the show. I'm not sure he would agree to that. If it happened though, I would give it a listen. Why this thread is titled Mac VS North I don't know. Neither has any hard feelings at this point towards the other. I think years ago there certainly were. I think Dan saw Northy making 500K and felt he should have been given as much as North. When he wasn't valued as highly it bothered him and he left the station. But I think he got over it and I believe the station obviously came to understand Dan was the guy with greater value to the station, as they brought him back, while showing Mike the door.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 am 

big fan or someone who actually knows wtf they are talking about, check in please.

If Mac were such a ratings getter he'd be working mornings or afternoon drive. Middays are for the Murph's of the world.

OK the saloon's ratings went down. That's a reflection of too much Harry more than the loss of Mac.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
OK the saloon's ratings went down. That's a reflection of too much Harry more than the loss of Mac.
bigfan did check in, go back and read your own thread.

And the Score's midday ratings went up when Mac got there. Of course in your little mind, that was only because of less Hamp & Holmes.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

And the Score's midday ratings went up when Mac got there. Of course in your little mind, that was only because of less Hamp & Holmes.

midday ratings are virtually meaningless. The big money is in morning and afternoon drive.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:25 am 

I wonder if Mac will start a thread debating if Gloop or SID will be better off in five years? North was great at what he did, then tried to become something he is not with his morning show train wreck. Mac is what he is and that is working well for him. You may not like the show but he is a hard guy not to like if you meet him because unlike other score guys he is the same guy on air and off.
The bigger question is if the board will be as good five years from now as it was two years ago.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 am 

Monsters were mid days.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:00 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Monsters were mid days.

ok, then they moved them to a more lucrative spot. North's big contract wasnt until he moved to MORNING DRIVE

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

midday ratings are virtually meaningless. The big money is in morning and afternoon drive.

Rush Limbaugh has done pretty well for himself working mid-days.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Gloopan's Mac hate has officially entered "scorn ex-lover" territory.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:31 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Monsters were mid days.

ok, then they moved them to a more lucrative spot. North's big contract wasnt until he moved to MORNING DRIVE

patently incorrect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
312player wrote:
boers/berns = 225k
mac=200k
meatpants=150k
mully/hanley=150k
larry=75k
north=30k

Both Boers & Berns make about $350K
Mac $300K
North $175K
Larry $150K

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 am 
1000 CLUB

How the fuck do you guys know what they make? Are these guesses? Who cares what they make? Why does this guy hate Mac? Why am I reading this post?

And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go to?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may say to yourself yourself
My God!...What have I done?!