It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:08 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Me too. They've taken everything and turned it into a side show- the draft, the superbowl, the over analysis. It gets old. Play the damn game!
I agree its ironic that the advent of sports talk coincided with me disliking the game. The golden era for me as a fan was the period in which it was covered less. The game was the story, not contract holdouts or negotiations. Did anyone know much about Ed Hughes? Sports talk made John Shoop and every succeeding Offensive Coordinator much more reviled than they would have otherwise been. It has also made the backup quarterback of the Bears the most popular player on the team. How many people called for Hanie over Cutler where is he now. What about the P.T. Willis love from years gone by. Obscure players i.e. Joe Cain began to have their own shows even though they could barely articulate a thought and they also were not particularly great at football. PTFB for me always occurs for me during the football season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Krazy Ivan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
What's the app to listen to the Rome show? Is it free?

I listen on iHeart Radio on a California station. KLAC I think...

I use Pocket Tunes ($9.99...bought it a few years ago, well worth the purchase). On there, it's 102.1 FM the Game WXTG.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I don't understand the problem people have with Mac not watching basketball. He's got Spiegel
as a partner who LOVES basketball and dissects every game - just like he did yesterday for
about a half hour. Then they bring on Mark Schanowski to talk NBA. I got my fill of it yesterday
and I like the NBA. Today you've got Goff - notorious hoops guy - to talk NBA. And as far as
too much football talk....you probably have more people who like to hear the NFL talk than don't. It's
just based on the sheer numbers and popularity of the sport.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:47 pm 

Sum1Here wrote:
I don't understand the problem people have with Mac not watching basketball. He's got Spiegel
as a partner who LOVES basketball and dissects every game - just like he did yesterday for
about a half hour. Then they bring on Mark Schanowski to talk NBA. I got my fill of it yesterday
and I like the NBA. Today you've got Goff - notorious hoops guy - to talk NBA. And as far as
too much football talk....you probably have more people who like to hear the NFL talk than don't. It's

This time of year? I doubt it the NBA is the hottest thing in sports going right now, just as it was this time last year. People are not talking about football as much right now. Any football discussion right now comes across as being forced. Matt Forte is really a non story until he begins to sit out games. That is when it is a story. I could care less about him being unhappy with negotiations thats why they are negotiations. Just because a host chooses to talk about a subject does not mean there is a lot of interest in it. The Chicago Bears no matter how popular they are in this city are not a hot topic right now. The local vs national factor should not be an issue because when football season is upon us there will be plenty of discussion about other NFL teams.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
This time of year? I doubt it the NBA is the hottest thing in sports going right now, just as it was this time last year. People are not talking about football as much right now. Any football discussion right now comes across as being forced. Matt Forte is really a non story until he begins to sit out games. That is when it is a story. I could care less about him being unhappy with negotiations thats why they are negotiations. Just because a host chooses to talk about a subject does not mean there is a lot of interest in it. The Chicago Bears no matter how popular they are in this city are not a hot topic right now. The local vs national factor should not be an issue because when football season is upon us there will be plenty of discussion about other NFL teams.

Don't project your disinterest in NFL onto everyone else. And if the Bulls were in the playoffs right now, I'm sure it would be top story. And anyway, as I stated, they ARE talking about the NBA playoffs...maybe you just weren't listening earlier. I personally am not a big baseball fan, especially at this time of the season, so when they start mulling over the MLB minutea, I just PTFB.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 pm 

Sum1Here wrote:

I did happen to listen a little earlier. They played a clip of Don Cooper going silent during the M&H show. Isn't that what typically happens when they basketball on the Danny Mac show?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 pm 

That part with Mully made me chuckle....I think right after that they started about a half hour talk on the NBA playoffs. Goff even reminded us all why we hate the Heat with their "not 1, not 2, not 3" pre-championship, championship ceremony.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm 

Sum1Here wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Don't project your disinterest in NFL onto everyone else. And if the Bulls were in the playoffs right now, I'm sure it would be top story. And anyway, as I stated, they ARE talking about the NBA playoffs...maybe you just weren't listening earlier. I personally am not a big baseball fan, especially at this time of the season, so when they start mulling over the MLB minutea, I just PTFB.

It is a disinterest in the NFL during this time of year. The exhibition season has not started. Off season football does not garner more interest than NBA finals basketball. This is not the era of the tape delay. It does not matter that the Bulls are not involved. I wonder if there would be much discussion if the Bulls were involved. There was not a lot of talk on his show when the Bulls were winning championships. If there was not an expert on there was very little discussion. Back then Boers would drive much of the discussion as the much alluded to Jason Goff is doing today. It does not make Mac the anti christ because he does not talk basketball I just wish he would do more of it especially when there is a an obvious need. In my opinion it would make for a better show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
What's the app to listen to the Rome show? Is it free?

Radio.com

He's on Northern California 1140 from 3 to 5 central time.

But if you DL, he'll be on one of the stations on there live at 11 Central. I just dont know which one, I dont listen then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
Sum1Here wrote:

well said.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I caught some of Mac today. NBA talk consisted of him making general comments about the series and leaving the analysis to Goff. Mac did a fine job for a guy that didn't watch,but if it was me,I would have watched. Terry has admitted doing the same thing. It must drive small-timers like Goff crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I seriously hope danny the mack daddy laughs at hte fact that people line up to tell him how much he sucks.

WHO GIVES A FUCK IF HE TALKS NBA!??!?! IT'S THE DANNY MAC SHOW NOT THE [YOUR-NAME-HERE] SHOW!

SHOMER SHABBOS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
sinicalypse wrote:
WHO GIVES A FUCK IF HE TALKS NBA!??!?! IT'S THE DANNY MAC SHOW NOT THE [YOUR-NAME-HERE] SHOW!

Pretty much.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:58 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Why can't people not like basketball, some of you make it sound like it is treason?

Well, you see, basketball is approximately 1 million times more entertaining than baseball. And this was playoff basketball vs. two shittier-than-normal baseball games. So, yeah.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I like football, hockey and baseball. Only occasionally watch a big basketball game? I do not think as many people love hoops besides the Bulls as you guys think.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Stop smoking weed MAC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
pittmike wrote:
I like football, hockey and baseball. Only occasionally watch a big basketball game? I do not think as many people love hoops besides the Bulls as you guys think.

I'm a big Bulls fan, but not a HUGE NBA fan.