It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
this is a great interview. brandon marshall's gonna be just fine up here. the bears had alonzo spellman, they had tank johnson with the thug in the basement with a shotgun and a pound of weed in the freezer... they can handle brandon marshall, who by all accounts seems like a good dude just a bit smarter than most.

he'll be fine up here. lovie does great with these types cuz he's got that pedantic vibe going with the team and in the end, he's good enough to you that you don't want to let him down.

as opposed to a-rod's centaur painting, evidently brandon marshall has a painting of jay cutler yelling at him about how there's 140 more TDs to go to break peyton manning and marvin harrison's tandem record.

nice job by the much-maligned morning show on this one!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
SANDUSKY TALK! WITH A GUEST!

* turn off the radio turn on the mp3 player and go do something requiring body movement *

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I thought the interview sucked. I hope the article was better. The way its sounded was that Marshall played this guy for a fool. He was in town snooping on Marshall' old friends/contacts/etc. Marshall doesn't want him doing that so he invites him home for four days. Keeps him "tied up," doesn't tell him anything and sends him back to Chicago with no story.

Brilliant journalism!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 am 

Why would anyone buy a "Brandon Marshall has changed" story? I mean, didn't he have an incident like a week before he was traded here? Let's let him be on good behavior for a year or two before we believe him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I found the Hopkins article on Marshall pretty scary.

Marshall refuses to talk about his past behavior or about the effect of his father's abusive behavior on him. He also prevented Hopkins from gaining access to many of his relatives and apparently did something similar with his Pittsburgh acquaintances. To compensate for his silencing of potential sources, Marshall invited Hopkins to his Florida estate to learn about the "real" Brandon Marshall--in a completely controlled environment. Marshall's refusal to engage with reasonable questions prompted by his disturbing past--combined with his assertions that the manufactured image of his "idyllic" domestic life is his defining reality--suggests that he is exactly the "ticking time bomb" Mully's NFL source described him as.

Marshall seems to be living in a bizarre state of denial; he acknowledges--almost embraces--his "borderline personality disorder," but apparently refuses to address the root causes of that disorder. He wants to project the image that he has reinvented himself as a peaceful human being, but that reinvention seemingly is a product of his desire to repress rather than understand his personal history. After reading the article and hearing Marshall speak in other contexts, I am left with the following question: Is the "new" Brandon Marshall an example of how he is working through his psychological problems, or is it only the most recent manifestation of those problems?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why would anyone buy a "Brandon Marshall has changed" story? I mean, didn't he have an incident like a week before he was traded here? Let's let him be on good behavior for a year or two before we believe him.

I'm not sure this is what you're suggesting, but just to clarify: the Hopkins piece was not a "Brandon Marshall has changed" story. That was the story Marshall was trying to sell to Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm not sure this is what you're suggesting, but just to clarify: the Hopkins piece was not a "Brandon Marshall has changed" story. That was the story Marshall was trying to sell to Hopkins.
I was talking about the "Brandon Marshall has changed" theme which seems to be coming from his camp.

That's a good clarification. I haven't read the article so I may have made it seem like I was talking about the author agreeing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
this is a great interview. brandon marshall's gonna be just fine up here. the bears had alonzo spellman, they had tank johnson with the thug in the basement with a shotgun and a pound of weed in the freezer... they can handle brandon marshall, who by all accounts seems like a good dude just a bit smarter than most.

Huh?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:12 am 

100% for sure he will have another incident. Just have to hope its a while before it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
100% for sure he will have another incident. Just have to hope its a while before it happens.

We just need him to be calm for 2.5 years.