It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Friday marks the Opening Ceremonies of the Games of the XXX Summer Olympiad on the networks of NBC Universal. You knew that already. What you don't know is that there appears to be a controversy brewing before NBC broadcasts the Opening Ceremonies and it involves a very sensitive subject that dates back 40 years ago.

Bob Costas, who will host live primetime coverage as well as the Opening Ceremonies this Friday night, is actually in the middle of a firestorm regarding the Israeli delegation and a tragedy that occurred in 1972 at the Munich Summer Olympic games. The incident involved the deaths of 11 Israeli team members and a coach in a horrific attack by the Palestinian group known as Black September during the Summer Olympics 40 years ago.

The International Olympic Committee has refused to recognize Israel's request for a moment of silence during the Opening Ceremonies of this year's London Summer Olympic games. Costas is absolutely disgusted with the IOC's refusal to recognize & respect Israel's request and plans on observing a moment of silence during NBC Sports' coverage of the Opening Ceremonies Friday night.

One group in particular, the Jewish Federations of North America, are hopeful that NBC & Costas honor the "Munich 11" Friday night during Opening Ceremonies, and have put up a petition that such silence is recognized. However, in the following article, NBC Sports might actually turn their back on the IOC if Costas goes through with his moment of silence plan for the "Munich 11". That article can be found here:

http://www.shermanreport.com/?p=3716

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
What the Jewish Federation wants, the Jewish Federations gets...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
An international governing body sticks it to the Jews? Now I've seen everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 am 

Bob Costas has a bad dye job on his hair.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
good dolphin wrote:
Bob Costas has a bad dye job on his hair.
Yeah. He looks terrible. I almost wonder if he's had some medical issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I thought it was a rug.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 pm 

It's amazing how anti-Semitic the IOC is. What's up with Palestine being recognized as a country in the Olympics?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mini Ditka wrote:
It's amazing how anti-Semitic the IOC is. What's up with Palestine being recognized as a country in the Olympics?

Did you see that one Palestinian in the post parade? He looked like he was looking for a rock to throw.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I have no idea how much editorial control Costas has over what he can actually say, but I found it odd that after the gushing OMFG FOREIGNERS!!!!!!!111 5min intro they come out and have costas start off talking about how the #1 concern on "ALL OF [OUR] MINDS" is SECURITY. then tom brokaw came out and talked about how there's countless clandestine british special forces out there and all we can do is * cross our fingers *

talk about a forced narrative, eh? the mass/media won't rest until we're outright begging for even more police state, eh? I, for one, can say that I felt thoroughly menaced by terrorism here on my couch in Suburban Chicago. Obviously the terrorists have perfected a telepathic bomb that's able to blow us up remotely via watching the olympics. That's a delicious metaphor.

Anyways, I have vague memories about Costas cramming in a quick drive-by reference to the Munich stuff so I think TPTB are pissed while Costas is able to go home and look in a mirror and say "DADDY, I'M A REAL JOURNALIST" before the spectre of his father shows up in the mirror and says "YEAH BUT YOU'RE UNDER SIX FEET TALL AND HAVE A TINY PENIS, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" and then bob cries himself into a mess that only bryant gumbel and/or alfonso ribiero can fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 am 

Six feet? Costas thinks 5'8.5" Bernstien is a giant.