It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Zizou wrote:
I'm sure the Mackeyfish is kept abreast of any potential shots taken at him. If Spiegs didn't hear it I'm sure Mac's personal ball washer Finfer will hear it and report back to Mac. But I don't think Goff is harboring any negativity towards Mac. Why would he? Because he brought Spiegel in as his co-host? Goff would be more likely resentful of his own place in the Bernstein universe as producer of a show that takes pride in not preparing for work. I wonder how that looks on a potential CV when applying for another radio gig. Can you list repeating the phrase "DaaaMahneel" in the additional skills section?

So you think Finfer informs Mac of those that break bad on him? Could be. Perhaps to clear a path for himself. Finfer's profile at the station has gone up. He's a reguar on weekends as I've mentioned and he got to sub with Mac last week. A spot that was usually reserved for Larry or Goff. Hmmmmmm.

There's no doubt that Finfer left ESPN 1000 cuz he was promised air time at the Score. I'm sure Mac went to Mich to make this happen. That had to be the case.

That's why I try to tell Goff that it's not a good idea to make enemies with Mac. He's got some influence. Spiegs and Finfer are perfect examples.

Mac helps his loyal boys. Bernstein doesn't give a shit about his soldiers.

Finfer is a complete Mac lapdog. Dan brought him over from 1000 as soon as he could. Finfer doesn't fuck with Daddy Mac. He kisses his ass and plays his favorite 70s tunes and sound bites from Caddyshack, Slapshot, and I Love You Man. There's no self-respect but hey it's working for him. Mac is his radio daddy just like he was/is for Spiegs. I don't think he was promised air time. Maybe Mac said he'd do what he could but I don't see Finfer as a potential 5 days a week type. His shtick is unappealing. It's like listening to a sexually suppressed Kermit the frog.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Was Kermit a sexual dynamo?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Was Kermit a sexual dynamo?

Miss Piggy usually had a smile on her face.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:01 am 

Beardown wrote:
[He became a self-loving, cocky, insuffereable bastard. Now he's confrontational and looking to take on any and everybody for no reason. It's sports talk, Goff. You've gotta calm down and stop thinking you're going into war every day. .

I don't find this to be true

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
[He became a self-loving, cocky, insuffereable bastard. Now he's confrontational and looking to take on any and everybody for no reason. It's sports talk, Goff. You've gotta calm down and stop thinking you're going into war every day. .

I don't find this to be true

Stop consuming the lies that the machine chooses to feed you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Goff used to be one of my favorite guys, but he got cocky for some reason. Any time I challenge his odd basketball thoughts, he replies by labeling me "basketball stupid" or using some other ridiculous hash tag. This happened quite often during the debate of Kyrie Irving vs Deron Williams. That's when I stopped caring for him. His responses on twitter rarely have any substance. If you are going to play the role of Dan Bernstein, you must first possess the talent of Dan Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
leashyourkids wrote:
Goff used to be one of my favorite guys, but he got cocky for some reason. Any time I challenge his odd basketball thoughts, he replies by labeling me "basketball stupid" or using some other ridiculous hash tag. This happened quite often during the debate of Kyrie Irving vs Deron Williams. That's when I stopped caring for him. His responses on twitter rarely have any substance. If you are going to play the role of Dan Bernstein, you must first possess the talent of Dan Bernstein.

What was your stance on the Irving/Williams argument? What was his?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

He said Irving had a better year than Williams. I disagreed, as I felt he was basing his argument off expectations, which were obviously higher for Williams. Either way, it was his response that was aggravating. He kept calling me an Illini fan, which is not even true. I am a big fan of Williams solely because I love his game. He had no substantive argument to defend his claim.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:10 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
leashyourkids wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

He said Irving had a better year than Williams. I disagreed, as I felt he was basing his argument off expectations, which were obviously higher for Williams. Either way, it was his response that was aggravating. He kept calling me an Illini fan, which is not even true. I am a big fan of Williams solely because I love his game. He had no substantive argument to defend his claim.

Did he go to his "you're the same guy..." method of arguing?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Jeez, did he block all of you on twitter or something?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm not on twitter. I don't follow Score people. Score people follow me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
crosscheck wrote:

Yeah, the Goff hate is reaching Holmes-like levels on this board.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 am 

I like Goff.

I just don't like when he falls back on lazy methods of arguing his point, particularly after a guy hangs up and he defines who that guy was.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 am 

spmack wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

So....I guess its not just me. Must be Jason.

Why do you defend him so much or take exception to it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 am 

spmack wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Haters gonna hate.....

But I think it is the natural reaction to a guy that was built up to be the savior of the Score and the antidote to MeatPants and the Capt. of the good ship Radio. This board was filled with Pro-Goff threads,posts, pictures and interpretive dance for a bout a year or so when all anyone could talk about was the countdown to Goff getting a full time gig. Members were blowing him via the board, singing his praises and how good he will be...those that didn't quite share those feelings were viciously attacked and chased from the boards. Mac was hinting at it, B&B were hinting at it....he was set to burst out on the scene and dominate the radio.

It didn't happen. He now gets more airtime though as a 3rd wheel with B&B, some more fill in time when Mac is gone (I really like Goff and Meat) and his flaws have shown themselves. He still needs some polish.

The pendulum has swung in the other direction...."THE GOFF HATE" was once "OH MY GOD GOFF IS AWESOME AND THE BEST", it is the natural order of things. So don't come on here and peddle this nonsense like Goff was never pumped up to the Xtreme on these here very boards. He was riding a wave of hype and love. The honeymoon is over, the grace period is gone...he will be judged.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Well, the level of Jason Goff's hate fore everybody that's not Jason Goff has gone up as well. Do you see the correlation?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Ah, my first successful troll/stirrup. I'd first like to thank God, without him none of this would have been possible...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
I'm not on twitter. I don't follow Score people. Score people follow me.

funny because it's true

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Well OFB, this is starting to remind me of Eminem's song "Stan" in a way. Seems like a lot of the board liked Goff, but since he hasn't shown the same love back to a lot of you, it is now a sour grapes kind of thing.....sort of like a hot chick that turned you down, and you look for things to dislike her about now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 am 

spmack wrote:
Well OFB, this is starting to remind me of Eminem's song "Stan" in a way. Seems like a lot of the board liked Goff, but since he hasn't shown the same love back to a lot of you, it is now a sour grapes kind of thing.....sort of like a hot chick that turned you down, and you look for things to dislike her about now.

There was a ton of Goff love on this board, a metric ton. He didn't get his shot at a full time position or he blew it or whatever so the love died down. Now "The Haters" hear him more and dislike him more and "The Lovers" hear him more and find that he wasn't all that and a bag of chips like they thought.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I don't know if it's that -- what sort of "love" would we be looking for from him, anyway? for him to post with us? He has for a while -- so much as that like SomeGuy said, some of his flaws and insecurities have been exposed in ways that they weren't before, and when those flaws/insecurities failed to clear up, people started getting annoyed. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
There was a ton of Goff love on this board, a metric ton. He didn't get his shot at a full time position or he blew it or whatever so the love died down. Now "The Haters" hear him more and dislike him more and "The Lovers" hear him more and find that he wasn't all that and a bag of chips like they thought.

SomeGuy, I'd like to officially blame you as the catalyst for the negative vibes in all things related to Team BernStine.

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 am 
1000 CLUB

Nobody can accuse me of turning on Goff. I saw his radio flaws long before any of you. I was vilified when I reported them. Now everybody agrees. I win!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 am 

Beardown wrote:
Nobody can accuse me of turning on Goff. I saw his radio flaws long before any of you. I was vilified when I reported them. Now everybody agrees. I win!!!!

Who is everybody?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 am 

SomeGuy wrote:

SomeGuy, I'd like to officially blame you as the catalyst for the negative vibes in all things related to Team BernStine.

You should really be ashamed of yourself.

Ashamed?

Either way I don't figure myself as some vanguard or whatnot...people were just too scared to speak the truth, express their true feelings about the show or even level solid criticism. They were hidden away in undisclosed locations hiding from a certain group of people that, no matter how bad things got, would always lecture us on how good and awesome the show was even when it entered into a, seemingly, terminal decline. Any peep of negativity would result in a signal flare in the sky and a massive beatdown and silencing of those who dared speak truth to power.

It isn't like that anymore. Sure the old, broken down and powerless regime that once held the reigns of this fair board squawks from time to time...but it's mostly background noise or a death rattle from a once powerful operation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am 

SomeGuy, we could be a powerful force if you would only choose to let go of your selfishness and agree with me on everything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am 

SomeGuy, we could be a powerful force if you would only choose to let go of your selfishness and agree with me on everything.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 am 

spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:
crosscheck wrote:

Why cant it be that Goff has changed for the worse? (Something you've at least partially agreed with)

and btw, why do you always take exception to the hate/criticism of Blacks hosts but not Zaidman or Teinowizc?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:09 pm 

RPB wrote:
Why cant it be that Goff has changed for the worse? (Something you've at least partially agreed with)

and btw, why do you always take exception to the hate/criticism of Blacks hosts but not Zaidman or Teinowizc?

I agree with this. Or maybe Goff was always like this and we just didn't know...

Again, this board was in full "We Love Goff" mode a year or so ago and now it has shifted a bit. There are legitimate criticisms that are being leveled at Goff around these parts and there is nothing wrong with that. I mean, he was being built up on here and everyday there was talk about him getting a prime time gig, it was even hinted at by BernSTINE, Boers and Mac. It never happened, I wonder why?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I like Goff.

I just don't like when he falls back on lazy methods of arguing his point, particularly after a guy hangs up and he defines who that guy was.

That's very much true. Goff has to "label" you after a sports conversation. That's always the case with him. Every conversation is just so heavy with him. He projects too much meaning to shit. Always on edge. You're gonna have a heart attack going through life like this, Goff. I can't imagine your reaction to a real crisis.

Goff's want to label those that don't agree with him is a fall back for his own insecurities. It's a classic defense mechanism.

Ya know, Jason, you might not like to hear the definition of yourself. Truth might hurt. So don't carry yourself as better than everybody. You're not. Just some advice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next