It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Jason said it. I heard it when it happened. It sounded like ball busting with a little sprinkle of truth in his tone. Guys will be guys.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
A7X wrote:
Jason said it. I heard it when it happened. It sounded like ball busting with a little sprinkle of truth in his tone. Guys will be guys.

True. No big deal. I think Mac can take some ball-busting better than most of the thin-skinned pricks at the Score. But why did Jason issue that non-denial denial, "Did you hear me say it?"? Was he afraid the relevant idiot was gonna crack him in the mouth? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Keeping Score wrote:
They (Bernsie, Boers, Goff) say Da Ma Neal or whatever it is, about 25 times a show. Never in a favoring light.
But it always seems like good natured ball busting fun.

Not sure why that particular reference got the MackeyFish so riled up. Unless he absolutely never listens to the show and only reads Beardown's mostly fairy tales.

Well, Mac generally acknowledges that he's a hillbilly and an idiot, so I'm guessing he was taking issue with the "relevant" part of it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Keeping Score wrote:
Unless he absolutely never listens to the show and only reads Beardown's mostly fairy tales.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff: How bad do you think it's gonna be?

drinky: Pretty goddamn bad. Probably all the other shows will line up against us. That's alright -- this thing's gotta happen every five years or so -- ten years -- helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been five years since the last one. When we got rid of Murph. You know you got to stop them at the beginning, like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, They should never've let him get away with that. They were just asking for big trouble. You know, Jason, we was all proud of you -- being an NBA reporting hero and all. Dan and Terry, too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
They (Bernsie, Boers, Goff) say Da Ma Neal or whatever it is, about 25 times a show. Never in a favoring light.
But it always seems like good natured ball busting fun.

Not sure why that particular reference got the MackeyFish so riled up. Unless he absolutely never listens to the show and only reads Beardown's mostly fairy tales.

Well, Mac generally acknowledges that he's a hillbilly and an idiot, so I'm guessing he was taking issue with the "relevant" part of it.

It's just that it was no better or worse than the 125 times they all say it each week. Which leads me to believe that Dangerous doesn't listen to B&B.

And why would he? Plenty of other things to do besides listening to a bad radio show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:58 am 

Keeping Score wrote:

Ya I hear ya. Some people choose to comment about it incessantly instead.

Yeah I year ya. And some people choose to be a huge douchebag fuckhead and comment incessantly about those commenting about it.

It's a real interesting dynamic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

I was coming around to considering Goff a media peer. I was gonna forgive the "Lebron to the Bulls" report.

Not now. Him blaming me for the "Da Ma Na" thing is something a reporter like himself shouldn't do. He wouldn't like it if Bulls players did that to him.

All I did was report the facts. Goff, as a NBA reporter, should appreciate that.

I'm telling you, the Chicago sports radio scene is the toughest beat in this city. Those guys are a bitch to deal with. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:29 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I was coming around to considering Goff a media peer. I was gonna forgive the "Lebron to the Bulls" report.

Not now. Him blaming me for the "Da Ma Na" thing is something a reporter like himself shouldn't do. He wouldn't like it if Bulls players did that to him.

All I did was report the facts. Goff, as a NBA reporter, should appreciate that.

I'm telling you, the Chicago sports radio scene is the toughest beat in this city. Those guys are a bitch to deal with. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

How should Goff had handled it? He handled it the wrong way. He weezled out cuz he got scared. He's only tough on Bernstein's show.

Two better ways to handle it.

1. Play it off. Do the disingenuous stroke job. Score people are famous for this. Everybody could have a good laugh at the end and you move on.

Mac: So, Jason, I read on CSFMB that you said I was an "Relevant Idiot".

Goff: Just messing around. You know I love you. Man, I looked up to you when I was a kid. You were like a white father figure to me through the radio.

Mac: Thanks, buddy. I've always considered you the black son I never wanted.

Goff: :lol:

2. Keepin' it real

Mac: So, Jason, I read on CSFMB that you said I was an "Relevant Idiot".

Goff: Damn right, mothafucka. What you gonna do about it? Step up, bitch.

Mac: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
To be fair, Jason says "DaMaNaa" so much that he likely doesn't remember every specific occasion. But instead of going the "Did you hear it" route what he should've said was, "I'm sure I did say that, but you know I wasn't trying to be offensive. And if there's anything you take offense to, by all means let me know so we can talk about it."
It was a joke and it was pretty amusing. I don't think there was any bad intent.

At some point though, it would bother you wouldnt it?

If every mention of a white idiot, a redneck, or an abuser of alcohol or drugs makes them say your name, even jokingly, thats gotta take its toll eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:

Ya I hear ya. Some people choose to comment about it incessantly instead.

Yeah I year ya. And some people choose to be a huge douchebag fuckhead and comment incessantly about those commenting about it.

It's a real interesting dynamic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 pm 

So....SPmack can say Im hating on Goff or supporting Beardown, but I want to just point this out

Goff always says something along the lines of "if you've got a problem, come to me like a man and we can deal with it"

So, Mac came to him like a man and Goff....didnt own up to it or discuss it. He half assed denied it.

That's a shame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:09 pm 

Is having a guy sit down on the radio to talk about it coming at him like a man?

Or is there another situation I am not aware of?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Is having a guy sit down on the radio to talk about it coming at him like a man?

Or is there another situation I am not aware of?

Well usually Goff says that when people are taking shots on air but not directly to him

This was directed at him. It could have been handled privately I guess.

But the non denial denial is pretty bad.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:12 pm 

I still think it was a work, and it got the attention Mac and Goff wanted.

They probably had a beer together later celebrating them Beardowning us.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Who would you say is more sensitive, Goff or Mac?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:24 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Mac is not a huge fan of B and B. Not sure if its different with Goff, but he has specifically indicated to me he thinks they are jag offs.

I highly doubt this was a work. No way Goff would agree to that. He came off terrible and gave Beardown attention. Does that sound like something Goff would sign up for?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Mac is not a huge fan of B and B. Not sure if its different with Goff, but he has specifically indicated to me he thinks they are jag offs.

I highly doubt this was a work. No way Goff would agree to that. He came off terrible and gave Beardown attention. Does that sound like something Goff would sign up for?
Showing not just a little bit of ego too with the I complete that dude comment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I don't really see how anyone can defend the constant barrage of shit-talking on B & B as good-natured. They have a history of alienating co-workers and other shows and then continually talking shit from their bully pulpit. Terry Boers is a spineless parrot who would agree with whoever happens to be in the same room. Goff just likes to take shots behind the protection of bernstein and then change his position when confronted. Nothing they do is good-natured until they are confronted and quickly change their tone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Keeping Score wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I don't really see how anyone can defend the constant barrage of shit-talking on B & B as good-natured. They have a history of alienating co-workers and other shows and then continually talking shit from their bully pulpit. Terry Boers is a spineless parrot who would agree with whoever happens to be in the same room. Goff just likes to take shots behind the protection of bernstein and then change his position when confronted. Nothing they do is good-natured until they are confronted and quickly change their tone.

Mac has his own list of alienation:

North (At times)
Jiggs
Tiny
Bernsie (At times)
ESPN
WSCR (Once, going on twice)
Spiegs (soon)
Murph
Just to name a few.

I don't disagree, nor am I really even defending Mac. But goff/BB's insults are truly under-handed and "tough" until confronted. Do you think Goff would continually say the "Da Mahneel" thing if Mac was on the same show?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:24 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Wow this almost mimics exactly what Beardown said. I guess this is a leashyourkids fairy tale too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:34 pm 

So 4 pages and not one person is going to have pictures or a gif about Jason and Matty "poking bears"?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

Are you really as stupid as you post?

Over the years, it is apparently true.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm 

If anyone knows stupid it would be you

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:

True that. They are evil people. Drink and Goff have learned from B&B - attack all the time. No other producers at the station are like them. That can't be a coincidence. C'mon people, realize it.

Goff asked Mac if he was bothered by his "Da Ma Na" stuff. Mac said "No", but you could sense hesitation and he answered it with a sigh. He hates it.

This war is on. It will be fun to cover. I expect all of you to update me on the "Mac and Spiegs" front since I don't hear much of that show. Keep me updated on B&B as well. I don't hear it all. I need your help, CSFMB!!!!

This is why I became a sports radio beat reporter. Somebody in this city has to do it!!!!