It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Spaulding wrote:
Taking notes from Laurence. I sense a....

SHAKE THAT! !!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I have not been listening to much sports talk..so I guess Mac confronted Goff on the air for taking a couple shots at him? ...I put the blame on Mully not Mac for the tension there..It was obvious from day 1..Mully felt threatened by a more experienced coworker..Zach is a fucking douche and so is Larry .good for Mac to break their balls for revealing nothing new or important and kissing Lovies dick and putting a bears spin on everything..so I like it when they get shit from anyone on air...the rest of that list does not look good if it is true.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think he had good relationships with Carmen & Silvy.

I thought he and Hood were okay. What was the story there?

Everybody else is pretty douchebaggy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 pm 

I dunno about strained..I think Terry and Dan have almost nothing in common anymore...and how did he throw hood under the bus.?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Another bitch move by the grand wizard. Couldn't talk to Jason one on one, face to face, man to man by themselves. Had to completely blindside him on the air.

Do you think Goff handled it well?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Keeping Score wrote:
312player wrote:
I have not been listening to much sports talk..so I guess Mac confronted Goff on the air

Another bitch move by the grand wizard. Couldn't talk to Jason one on one, face to face, man to man by themselves. Had to completely blindside him on the air.

If Mac made a bitch move by confronting Goff on the air, then Jason must've done the same thing by ridiculing Mac on the air--and then denying it on the air. Goff is a coward.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
312player wrote:
I have not been listening to much sports talk..so I guess Mac confronted Goff on the air

Confrontation radio is usually good.. I think it should be handled on the air...Maybe beardown is right..spmack doesn't know shit all speculation is my guess.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm 

No as TM said he looked like a guy that couldn't own up to what he had said, so it's not all good natured. You push so far til you get pushed back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keeping Score wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Simply put, there comes a time when if some guy basically can't get along with any guy then that guy is the problem.

That might be true if the other guys had a modicum of talent or half a clue. Except for Bernstein, they don't.

Come on Midge. I named just about every fucking guy Mac has ever worked with. The only ones he has appeared to be able to maintain a relationship with are Jurko and Boers.
Though I sense the Boers relationship between the two has been strained quite a bit.

Oh, Mac is a douchebag, but so is Goff--and a coward, too. There are no heroes in this tale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:54 pm 

I tend to see Mac's point and agree with him a lot, but would say he does not handle things well much of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

None of the radio peole are angels. I recognize that. I'm the only hero to come out of this entire Score mess. :wink:

The point is that you have to know your position. Mac had him guest host. Say what you will about Mac, that was nice of him to do for Goff.

Mully hates Goff. Mully hates all of Bernstein's soldiers it would seem. None of them get to sub on the morning show.

Bernstein picks Rozner and Rosie over Goff.

Boers is Goff's only friend now. The only person of influence that will give Goff prime time radio chances. He's out the door soon. So that doesn't help Goff much.

He should have appreciated Mac more. Given him more respect. That's the point.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:56 pm 

I thought goff n mac got along good..I like goff and he seems to like mac, never heard him say anything bad ...just the standard ball busting...did not know you had so much angst against mac KS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
QUIT PM'IMG ME BEARDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I won't just "Go Along" with this whole thing. :evil:

There goes Beardowns credibility ...all speculation as I suspected.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I don't think Mac was looking to make a big deal of it but Goff immediately got so defensive the tone changed quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:00 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
No as TM said he looked like a guy that couldn't own up to what he had said, so it's not all good natured. You push so far til you get pushed back.

You heard the exchange?

I listened to the podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I haven't PMed anybody. He's just trying to mess with me.

As far as this being speculation...I just went by Mac's quote on this board.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keeping Score wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
312player wrote:

If Mac made a bitch move by confronting Goff on the air, then Jason must've done the same thing by ridiculing Mac on the air--and then denying it on the air. Goff is a coward.

He didn't deny it.

And why isn't Mac going after B&B if he's so offended?

And why/how can Mac come at somebody like that without even hearing it first hand?

And how was what Jason said any different, better or worse that anything Dan and Terry have said?

And how can Mac blame the origin of how he feels about the "Da Ma Na" stuff because the called was mentally challenged, but can then go and do three segments worse of completely classless autism jokes?

He sure didn't admit it. And you know why? Cuz he's a cowardly little snake.

I would assume Mac differentiates Goff from Bernstein/Boers because there's a question of status at work here. B&B are radio headliners; Goff is a sideshow freak who was too dim to grasp he had been put on center stage only through Mac's good graces. Now he's paying the price for his lack of vision. I should also note that Mac has expressed his discomfort with Bernstein on this board in the past; if he can figure out a way to give Bernstein his comeuppance, I suspect he will. The conundrum for Mac, though, is that he knows that he can't outtalk Bernstein--and he doesn't have more power than him either.

As far as the autism jokes go, Mac is a hypocrite. That doesn't make Goff any less of a coward, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget nailed it. Good job.

Oh wait, that's me, right? I always forget.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I listened to the autism joke segment just itching to be offended.

But, in context, I wasn't very much. I sort of get where Mac is coming from.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Tall Midget nailed it. Good job.

Oh wait, that's me, right? I always forget.

Actually, you only forget every once in a while.

You're pretty good about it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Goff loves Mac. Which is why it's so absurd that Mac would turn on him after reading posts by the biggest troll at the CSFMB, instead of even hearing the content himself.

The angst I have about Mac is that he's caused more trouble at both stations than all of the other hosts combined in his illustrious career. And granted, he's put in some strong performances along the way as well. But unlike all other hosts, he gets a free pass at nearly every turn.

Goff doesn't care about anybody but Goff. You can argue that's how it should be though.

I don't excuse or agree with a lot of Mac does but I sometimes (believe) I understand it. Your guy North caused some trouble and think is without some of the issues Mac has. Why do you give him the pass?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm 

Can you fault anyone from snapping after having to do a 3 man show that included Harry?..Harry is one of the most annoying people imaginable ...6 years with that turd is like a prison sentence..and North was making important decisions at the station that he was not qualified for and hurting the station. Hood? I don't believe it..Hood seems like good people and a great coworker,professional and knowledgeable ..need more proof...I believe Mitch sided with his bitch Larry over hood(big mistake)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

That's good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:10 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

That's good.

The "tard card" thing was too much. I don't care - that's just offensive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:

That's good.

I see your point, Kenny, but a lot of that segment reminded me a little too much of the Seinfeld episode where the WASP dentist converts to Judaism just so he can make anti-Semitic jokes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Spaulding wrote:

That's good.

The "tard card" thing was too much. I don't care - that's just offensive.

Especially because it isn't even funny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

That's good.

I see your point, Kenny, but a lot of that segment reminded me a little too much of the Seinfeld episode where the WASP dentist converts to Judaism just so he can make anti-Semitic jokes.

Yeah, I know. But, everybody's different and I know sometimes it's just what's going to get you through the day.

I recommend that Mac pretend to talk like Michael Jeffrey Jordan sometimes. I've heard people say that's a good coping mechanism.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Jason was only doing the exact same thing as his bosses as far as the Da Ma Na thing. At no point did Mac address this matter (prior to the blind side) This was never a problem for "The Fish". How was Jason to know that one day the Dangerous One would suddenly up and get his panties in a bunch over it?

I think Jason just really didn't know what to say to Mac. He was so taken aback by the whole thing that there was really no recourse.

I don't listen as much as you guys do, but Terry usually says it when he is present or is mentioned, like in transition or tickets. I don't really hear DB do it and he probably thinks it's stupid. Goff does it after hillbilly and relevant idiot is said.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Keeping Score wrote:
Jason was only doing the exact same thing as his bosses as far as the Da Ma Na thing.

Not exactly.

At first he started pushing it while Mac was rehabbing. Any time a mention of drunkeness or drug use came up there was a "DaaaMaaaNaaaa." Then the "relevant idiot" thing. If Mac hadn't been spurred on to say something by Beardown, where would it have gone next? A "DaaaMaaaNaaaa" after the "dumbass cracker" drop? A "DaaaMaaaNaaaa" after Terry said "walking rectum"?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keeping Score wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He sure didn't admit it. And you know why? Cuz he's a cowardly little snake.

I would assume Mac differentiates Goff from Bernstein/Boers because there's a question of status at work here. B&B are radio headliners; Goff is a sideshow freak who was too dim to grasp he had been put on center stage only through Mac's good graces. Now he's paying the price for his lack of vision. I should also note that Mac has expressed his discomfort with Bernstein on this board in the past; if he can figure out a way to give Bernstein his comeuppance, I suspect he will. The conundrum for Mac, though, is that he knows that he can't outtalk Bernstein--and he doesn't have more power than him either.

As far as the autism jokes go, Mac is a hypocrite. That doesn't make Goff any less of a coward, though.

Jason was only doing the exact same thing as his bosses as far as the Da Ma Na thing. At no point did Mac address this matter (prior to the blind side) This was never a problem for "The Fish". How was Jason to know that one day the Dangerous One would suddenly up and get his panties in a bunch over it?

I think Jason just really didn't know what to say to Mac. He was so taken aback by the whole thing that there was really no recourse.

Well then you seem to grasp Jason's problem perfectly. If Jason thinks he's on the same level as B&B, he's the village idiot of the Score. As you have exhaustively observed, Mac has a history of volatile unpredictability. Jason should've demonstrated some commonsense in his treatment of Mac. His hubris apparently got the best of him, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next