It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
THIS IS AWESOME....Clap, clap, clap clap clap!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: little ceasars
I am no Beardown fan at all but he is schooling you fuckers easily lately. Beardown has this Mac thing 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I still don't think it was done with malice towards Goff and Laurence....that was my point in my original post Beardown.
Not that it wasn't going to be Ben.

I think good dolphin summed it up best. Finfer has been Mac's protege for years.
Finfer does shows practically every Sunday after Talking Baseball, so it's not like this is a new thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I still don't think it was done with malice towards Goff and Laurence....that was my point in my original post Beardown.

I think good dolphin summed it up best. Finfer has been Mac's protege for years.
Finfer does shows practically every Sunday after Talking Baseball, so it's not like this is a new thing.

I'll just copy and repost one of other posts to you:

Everything you say might be true. It would be naive to think that the recent "Goff vs. Mac" war didn't accelerate things, however. Maybe Goff and Larry wouldn't have been completly out if they had not "backstabbed" Mac while he was on vacation.

Maybe Mac was always looking for and out and they provided one for him. Because I do think Mac had some empathy for Larry and Goff when he came back to the Score since 1.) He took Larry's "Hamp and Holmes" slot 2.) Goff was the number one backup and he didn't want his producer to step over him. That's why he was good enough to allow them to sub on his show. Plus he knew he'd be hated by a lot of Score people if he had Finfer step over Goff right away. And Finfer would be hated as well. Now Mac thinks he's justified. Goff and Larry gave him the justification with their stupid behavior. That's why you have to be careful with an old radio vet like Mac. He's been through the wars. He knows how to play the game. Goff and Larry never stood a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

The audience is always changing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Beardown is quite terrible at it also.

No he's not. He's obviously awesome at it.

He's right way more often than not, and even in truth he pisses people off.

Like Ive maintained for a while, Most of Beardowns posts are based in truth. He sensationalizes them a bit, but most are based in truth.

But thats just my take.

And we all know that your opinion is fact.

RPB is right on with that assessment , but thats just my take.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Plus he knew he'd be hated by a lot of Score people if he had Finfer step over Goff right away. And Finfer would be hated as well. Now Mac thinks he's justified.

Class is in session at Score High!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Beardown is quite terrible at it also.

No he's not. He's obviously awesome at it.

He's right way more often than not, and even in truth he pisses people off.

Like Ive maintained for a while, Most of Beardowns posts are based in truth. He sensationalizes them a bit, but most are based in truth.

But thats just my take.

The fact that multiple Score employees/personalities have engaged (and even argued) with Beardown is prima facie evidence for this theory as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Beardown wrote:
2.) Goff was the number one backup and he didn't want his producer to step over him. That's why he was good enough to allow them to sub on his show. Plus he knew he'd be hated by a lot of Score people if he had Finfer step over Goff right away. And Finfer would be hated as well. Now Mac thinks he's justified. Goff and Larry gave him the justification with their stupid behavior. That's why you have to be careful with an old radio vet like Mac. He's been through the wars. He knows how to play the game. Goff and Larry never stood a chance.

Goff wasn't anything like the number one backup when Mac and later Finfer showed up, and I think Mac's return this might have been during the time when he and Matt were "in the doghouse." Goff only started getting slots with Mac after he ripped everyone at the Score at the roast, after Mac had been back at the station for ~9 months. That's why it's so rich if he really lost this spot after saying something far more mild on the air and that's why Mac comes across as a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac did put up with Goff's bullshit. For over a year. It wasn't one "Da Ma Na" that got to him. It was the 1,000th "Da Ma Na" that made him pull the trigger. It was also the fact that they were no longer good natured. They had become down right mean and insulting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
doug - evergreen park wrote:

It's true that Finfer has been Mac's apprentice for years.

It's also true that Mac didn't give Finfer a bite at the apple until Mac became aware of Goff's disrespect for him.

The timing of Finfer's ascent is no coincidence.

Mac's generosity towards Finfer was motivated by his disdain for Goff and Larry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's the thing. The reason doesn't matter. When Mac explains the reason, that won't matter either. He'll say something like "I just think that Ben Finfer best fits the style of the afternoon show." He'll give the politically correct answer. He won't say it was a punishment to his enemies.

What matters is that Goff and Larry will think it was because of their behavior. They'll think Mac was nudged by CSFMB. Mac will take satisfaction in knowing that's what they think. Why? Cuz it's true. Mac doesn't have to say it. And he won't.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 pm 

Could also be that Mac wanted to get Finfer in all along, and LoHo and Goff being stupid just gave Mac the opening he needed.

Goff went overboard on the DanMannNeeel stuff; especially with the insinuation that he's racist and also bringing up Mac's issues in the past. Good natured ribbing is one thing, airing the man's dirty laundry when you're allegedly on the same team?

That was low.

And LoHo is just a wannabe crybaby bitchcakes. He seems to honestly think Bears players consider him cool and a close personal friend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
None of this would even be an issue if Tom Petty didn't take 85 days off per year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing if the "Mac supporters" are Republican and if the "Goff supporters" are Democrat.

??

And the Ron Paul supporters like both Mac and Goff and want Pissypants Spiegel gone?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing if the "Mac supporters" are Republican and if the "Goff supporters" are Democrat.

??

And the Ron Paul supporters like both Mac and Goff and want Pissypants Spiegel gone?

I have no problem with either yourself or Qbo.

KS, when is your next hiatus from the board scheduled, soon?

:P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 pm 

Frontman wrote:
Could also be that Mac wanted to get Finfer in all along, and LoHo and Goff being stupid just gave Mac the opening he needed.

Again, this story might make sense for Laurence but doesn't for Goff since he pretty much had regular no fill-in roles at the station until Mac made the decision to start having him on. And Mac had enough clout to have Finfer on as his regular fill-in anyway long before this; he didn't need to wait for Laurence and Goff to slip up to enact the next phase of some long-term plan to benefit his guy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Frontman wrote:

Again, this story might make sense for Laurence but doesn't for Goff since he pretty much had regular no fill-in roles at the station until Mac made the decision to start having him on. And Mac had enough clout to have Finfer on as his regular fill-in anyway long before this; he didn't need to wait for Laurence and Goff to slip up to enact the next phase of some long-term plan to benefit his guy.

I think there was a time when Goff and Drinky were the regular fill hosts on the B&B show. It was short lived, but they were the main guys. It was before Mac got there. Then something went bad for them. Especially drinky. I have no idea what that was.

But I think Goff was the #1 backup at the Score when Mac arrived - weekends and B&B fill-in. If he wasn't, tell me who was?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 pm 

Beardown wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Frontman wrote:

I think there was a time when Goff and Drinky were the regular fill hosts on the B&B show. It was short lived, but they were the main guys. It was before Mac got there. Then something went bad for them. Especially drinky. I have no idea what that was.

But I think Goff was the #1 backup at the Score when Mac arrived - weekends and B&B fill-in. If he wasn't, tell me who was?

Larry obviously slid back into that slot after Hamp and Holmes was dumped, but Rosenbloom and Rozner had already become more regular fill-ins on Boers and Bernstein. Mac himself didn't start using Goff until after he'd been at the station for a while and instead brought in guys like KC Johnson, Oak Park Vandy, and Greenstein. Hell, here's a thread you yourself made about this during the first few months of the show: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=35673

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Mac came back when Drew Hayes was involved in the Score again, during which time producers had their fill-in time cut down to almost nothing. Bruce Wolf was getting a lot of time then. Remember the thing with the thing?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. I lose track of all of this bullshit. :lol:

You are right about Mac giving Goff a boost by brining him back to a prime time audience over the last year or so. So that was nice of Mac and stupid for Goff to piss that away, wouldn't you agree?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 pm 

Beardown wrote:

You are right about Mac giving Goff a boost by brining him back to a prime time audience over the last year or so. So that was nice of Mac and stupid for Goff to piss that away, wouldn't you agree?

You won't get an argument from me on that. I'm just more interested in the "Mac is a thin-skinned hypocrite" angle than the "Larry and Jason are cowardly idiots" one, though I think there's truth to both.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Fair enough. I'll just repeat what I've said. Mac was thick skinned with Goff for a long time. He put up with his shit for over a year. I think it just reached a boiling point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You won't get an argument from me on that. I'm just more interested in the "Mac is a thin-skinned hypocrite" angle than the "Larry and Jason are cowardly idiots" one, though I think there's truth to both.

Absolutely, Zeph. Mac is attempting to deny his irrelevance whereas Goff is convinced that his time has come. Both are operating within a highly skewed version of reality. Mac is well past his prime, and Goff will never have one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That's a little harsh but I think they both know that. Might be the reason for the way they act.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
It doesn't matter what we all think or what we believe is going on behind the scenes....

The bottom line is this, the war between the shows is on. Currently it is a low intensity skirmish with each side prodding for weaknesses and trying to gain whatever advantages they can. Soon it will erupt into a high intensity total war.

Who will be left standing?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
[. Mac is well past his prime, and Goff will never have one.

Well past his prime? He was breaking records for sports listenership less than two years ago. B and B couldn't sniff the ratings MJH were pulling. Do you attribute those ratings to Harry or Jurko? He's stuck in an comfortable slot right now that really does not allow for spreading his wings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's stuck in an comfortable slot right now that really does not allow for spreading his wings.

Removing 400 lbs from the studio will change that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Well past his prime? He was breaking records for sports listenership less than two years ago. B and B couldn't sniff the ratings MJH were pulling. Do you attribute those ratings to Harry or Jurko? He's stuck in an comfortable slot right now that really does not allow for spreading his wings.

I don't see him as stuck. You are right, it's comfortable, and I feel like there he has reached a level of passivity with this show. He doesn't have to spread his wings and I don't think Speigel would be the right cohost for him to do that either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's not washed up but MJH was his prime

If he's DeNiro, he's in the Meet the Parents part of his career.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next