It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Ok. I lose track of all of this bullshit. :lol:

You are right about Mac giving Goff a boost by brining him back to a prime time audience over the last year or so. So that was nice of Mac and stupid for Goff to piss that away, wouldn't you agree?

You won't get an argument from me on that. I'm just more interested in the "Mac is a thin-skinned hypocrite" angle than the "Larry and Jason are cowardly idiots" one, though I think there's truth to both.

Absolutely, Zeph. Mac is attempting to deny his irrelevance whereas Goff is convinced that his time has come. Both are operating within a highly skewed version of reality. Mac is well past his prime, and Goff will never have one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That's a little harsh but I think they both know that. Might be the reason for the way they act.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
It doesn't matter what we all think or what we believe is going on behind the scenes....

The bottom line is this, the war between the shows is on. Currently it is a low intensity skirmish with each side prodding for weaknesses and trying to gain whatever advantages they can. Soon it will erupt into a high intensity total war.

Who will be left standing?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
[. Mac is well past his prime, and Goff will never have one.

Well past his prime? He was breaking records for sports listenership less than two years ago. B and B couldn't sniff the ratings MJH were pulling. Do you attribute those ratings to Harry or Jurko? He's stuck in an comfortable slot right now that really does not allow for spreading his wings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's stuck in an comfortable slot right now that really does not allow for spreading his wings.

Removing 400 lbs from the studio will change that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Well past his prime? He was breaking records for sports listenership less than two years ago. B and B couldn't sniff the ratings MJH were pulling. Do you attribute those ratings to Harry or Jurko? He's stuck in an comfortable slot right now that really does not allow for spreading his wings.

I don't see him as stuck. You are right, it's comfortable, and I feel like there he has reached a level of passivity with this show. He doesn't have to spread his wings and I don't think Speigel would be the right cohost for him to do that either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's not washed up but MJH was his prime

If he's DeNiro, he's in the Meet the Parents part of his career.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I don't see him as stuck. You are right, it's comfortable, and I feel like there he has reached a level of passivity with this show. He doesn't have to spread his wings and I don't think Speigel would be the right cohost for him to do that either.

He's lazy. Thought he might wake up since he's not stoned all the time now. Thinks he should get the big contract based on past, not current, performance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am 

Maybe he is trying to find his way or doesn't know what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am 
1000 CLUB

What would have happened if Silvy or Carm had pulled a Goff when Mac was in his prime? :shock:

Goff is so lucky he's gotten a more mellow Mac.

Silvy: Da Ma Na, Da Ma Na, Da Ma Na

Mac: (Beats the living hell out of Silvy)

Silvy: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:10 am 

Spaulding wrote:

He knows what to do. He's too lazy to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

He knows what to do. He's too lazy to do it.

Mac: Show me the way, Gloopan. Every night I say a prayer in the hope that there's a heaven. And every day I'm more confused as the saints turn into sinners. All the heroes and legends I knew as a child have fallen to idols of clay. And I feel this empty place inside so afraid that I've lost my faith

Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Show me the way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:33 am 

Quit blaming everyone else and do it yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:02 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Frontman wrote:
Could also be that Mac wanted to get Finfer in all along, and LoHo and Goff being stupid just gave Mac the opening he needed.

Goff went overboard on the DanMannNeeel stuff; especially with the insinuation that he's racist

Goff never did that. That's all on me.

No there was one time Terry and Dan were talking about racism, Goff started teh DanMann and Bernsie interrupted him with a "No, he's not! Don't say that." (This was weeks ago.) At the time I thought it was just a nasty joke gone wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frontman wrote:
No there was one time Terry and Dan were talking about racism, Goff started teh DanMann and Bernsie interrupted him with a "No, he's not! Don't say that." (This was weeks ago.) At the time I thought it was just a nasty joke gone wrong.

:shock: :shock:

You reading this, Mac? Now he's tossing "Da Ma Na" to insinuate that you're racist.

You made the absolute correct choice in going with Finfer all the time. Goff left you with no other choice. This has gotten out of control.

Christ, even Bernstein came to your defense on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Some caller said "DaMaNeeeeel" during Friday Fung and Goff muttered "can't say that."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Some caller said "DaMaNeeeeel" during Friday Fung and Goff muttered "can't say that."

Psh, if he had any balls now would be the time to keep saying it. Whats it matter now Goff, you lost your Mac co hosting privileges may as well keep on keepin' on at this point. :eye:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Awwwwwwwww. Now Goff is gonna pout. :cry:

:lol: :lol:

You knew he was gonna play the victim with this thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Psh, if he had any balls now would be the time to keep saying it. Whats it matter now Goff, you lost your Mac co hosting privileges may as well keep on keepin' on at this point. :eye:

He will continue to say it. It's gonna be a combo of pouting and attacking from now on. You know he's gonna go to Bernstein and Boers, in private, to cry about it. He'll play the victim to them. He's gonna want them to help him with this radio crisis. Bernstein won't. Boers might.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Although it could be more than just pouting. If he wasn't just saying that in jest, it would mean that Mitch finally came out of his office to put an end to it. We'll obviously know if we don't hear it anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown,
Thanks for some great CSFMB reading! You have ignited this forum. Maybe your handle should be "Poke the Bear".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

jimmypasta wrote:
Beardown,
Thanks for some great CSFMB reading! You have ignited this forum. Maybe your handle should be "Poke the Bear".

I'm actually more comfortable with the insults and hate, but thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:34 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff is gonna dig his heels in on this one.

You know what I don't get? Why? What's his end game? What's the purpose of all of it?

Goff will say "I'm entertaining people, cracker."

I'll say bullshit. You're not.

There is some sort of thing with him and conflict and confrontation. He loves it. Him with the final word. Him talking over people. Him having to be the alpha dog. Him having to twist the blade. Him fighting "non Bernstein" people when he's not even a Bernstein person.

Why? Especially with so much at stake. He's always been on the verge of making it big at the Score. Or so it would seem with his huge presence on that station. Why must he jeopordize that for a stupid "Da Ma Na" war, racism accusations and all of his other nonsense and bullshit?

It's sports radio, Goff. Jesus Christ. Why is every day on Bernstein's show a perceived war for you? Why is everything so god damn heavy? Seriously.

I don't get it. Maybe you guys could explain it to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know Bernstein goes to war every day. I know Goff learned it from him. But it's different how Goff does it. Bernstein is measured, careful and calculated in what he says. It's part bit and part getting his agenda across. But it's all controlled.

Goff, on the other hand, while trying to be him, is completely unhinged, batshit crazy, and out of control. You've gotta calm down for your own good, Jason. You're just killing yourself.

I'm probably the only one willing to give you some good advice. You surround yourself with people who tell you that you're great -co workers, friends and unblocked twitter people. Mitch and B&B don't help you out cuz they don't really give a shit about you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Wow.

Did you hear him say it?

Did you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
You'll always be a one trick pony, race baiter to me Beardown, but this latest trick has been fucking spectacular!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:56 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Wow.

Did you hear him say it?

Did you?

No but Beardown said...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol:

Hey, the "Relevent Idiot" Da Ma Na that started this thing DID happen.

Now we're getting reports of a Da Ma Na after a "Racist" refernce on B&B. Believe it all my friends. Believe it all. Goff has gone crackers!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Attention Chicago:

It is now safe. Report all of Goff's "Da Ma Na" insults to this board. You no longer need to be afraid.

Funny how they all come out after I opened the flood gates. Where were these reports when they happened?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next