It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The Show is on, the war is on. After the rousing success that was the Mac/Finfer pairing from 9/4 it seems that Meat may be back in the house to deliver the goods. We shall see.

-Possible follow up hay-makers by Mac aimed squarely at Goff. They better be huge and powerful because the one Mac delivered to Goff yesterday was destructive, indeed.
-Bad White Sox baseball.
-Bears talk
-Mac grumbles
-Meat does his strange vocal inflections.
-ELO and BTO are talked about.
-More shots are taken.

Enjoy, friends!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
My guess is Spiegel tries to remain neutral. As much as he hates bernstein, he yearns for his respect. Respect he shall never receive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My guess is Spiegel tries to remain neutral. As much as he hates bernstein, he yearns for his respect. Respect he shall never receive.

I agree. He always just pokes at the bear, nibbles at the edges and all that. He's trying to tell BernSTINE, "Hey, I know stuff about numbers but I also think scouting is good." Like he is smart enough to recognize both sides...he may be but 'STINE only recognizes one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

He's going to have to take a side eventually.

Sooner or later he'll realize Bernstein's love is unattainable and turn to Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 am 
Site Admin

SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I agree. He always just pokes at the bear, nibbles at the edges and all that. He's trying to tell BernSTINE, "Hey, I know stuff about numbers but I also think scouting is good." Like he is smart enough to recognize both sides...he may be but 'STINE only recognizes one.

As much as I disagree with many of bernstein's views on baseball and I know he doesn't understand a lot of the data he spews or what it actually means, Spiegel seems to think that his view is valid simply because he's a baseball fan and bernstein really isn't, even when bernstein is logically beating him about the head and shoulders with cold, hard facts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

As much as I disagree with many of bernstein's views on baseball and I know he doesn't understand a lot of the data he spews or what it actually means, Spiegel seems to think that his view is valid simply because he's a baseball fan and bernstein really isn't, even when bernstein is logically beating him about the head and shoulders with cold, hard facts.

Transition can be a very, very brutal learning experience for MeatPants sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Agreed....funny that Speigs is pretty adverse to confrontation, while Mac goes after it like a shark sniffing blood...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:47 am 

cluv8484 wrote:
Agreed....funny that Speigs is pretty adverse to confrontation, while Mac goes after it like a shark sniffing blood...

Spiegs doesnt mind confrontation....as long as he has the upper hand. (With a caller, an intern)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Oh ya, the callers for sure...but not with the old bulls (Terry).....but he does some good tangos with the 3 live jews crew (Bernsie, Roz, Rosenbloom)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 am 

cluv8484 wrote:
Oh ya, the callers for sure...but not with the old bulls (Terry).....but he does some good tangos with the 3 live jews crew (Bernsie, Roz, Rosenbloom)

Right.

Not so much with Bernstein though.

Bernstein fights him with one hand tied behind his back. He never fully goes in. If he did, Speigel would probably cry or quit or both

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

Right.

Not so much with Bernstein though.

Bernstein fights him with one hand tied behind his back. He never fully goes in. If he did, Speigel would probably cry or quit or both

Matt just doesn't seem to have the stomach to continue arguments with Dan. Even when he's right, he'll back down when Dan gives him the begininngs of a Bernsie fight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Speigel backs down because arguing anything with Bernsie is like clapping with one hand holding a mace.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Speigel backs down because arguing anything with Bernsie is like clapping with one hand holding a mace.

Word... except for that "you know what? Fuck you" caller... he absolutely owned Bernstein...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Charch = PTFB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You trapped a fish?! What the hell man, that doesn't count!

:lol: :lol:

Pretty funny exchange right there.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
You trapped a fish?! What the hell man, that doesn't count!

:lol: :lol:

Pretty funny exchange right there.

You think the fish was traumatized from net scars!? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SomeGuy wrote:
-Possible follow up hay-makers by Mac aimed squarely at Goff. They better be huge and powerful because the one Mac delivered to Goff yesterday was destructive, indeed.

Can someone give me the story on this? I didn't listen or read anything yesterday...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Can someone give me the story on this? I didn't listen or read anything yesterday...

I listened to a good deal of both shows yesterday. Not much happened either way from what I heard. I think SomeGuy is just referring to Finfer officially subbing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 am 

Mac: Finfer deserves it.

Goff: Cant say DaMaNeee any more

Boers: I can

Goff: Mac gets his news off message boards

Bernstein: They still exist?

CSFMB: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The "i" before "e" rule applies to the spelling Matt Spiegel's last name. I see other have the same issue in remembering that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:04 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Where is the shot at Goff? Or is this a Beardown 'Read (way) between the lines' sort of thing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:05 pm 

Seems like everyone is just running wild with this schtick lately. In small doses, it can be funny. But.....I don't know....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:

agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Seems like everyone is just running wild with this schtick lately. In small doses, it can be funny. But.....I don't know....

He went out of his way to comment on Finfer's professionalism and readiness for the gig. I doubt that was coincidence.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Goff said "I get my news from message boards". He didn't say Mac. That was people here reading between the lines that it even had anything to do with Mac. It didn't come off that way.

I also think is "Finji deserved it" being interpreted as a shot at Goff is a ridiculous reach.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:09 pm 

I think "Finji deserved it" is a ridiculous reach.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

He went out of his way to comment on Finfer's professionalism and readiness for the gig. I doubt that was coincidence.

Hardly a "huge shot at goff". Isn't Mac supposed to be up front and honest about everything? Wouldn't he just come out and say something rather than pussyfooting? I thought that was his thing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Where is the shot at Goff? Or is this a Beardown 'Read (way) between the lines' sort of thing?

The only thing I heard on the subject happened at 12:35 PM CST on Mac's show. Pretty bland statement where Mac states he has listened to Finfer on weekends. He is good and is going to fill in when Mac or Spiegs are out. No shots taken. They quickly digressed into Finfer stating that Mac should call in if he is listening...and that was about it.

I guess one could reach and suggest that Mac came to the conclusion that after listening to Finfer, Mac determined that Finfer is better than the Team Bernstein options. Mac could be upset at how Team Bernstein fill ins treat him (ala damaneel stuff), but he didn't say anything like that. At least that I heard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:18 pm 

Beardown is the guy hustling all this stuff up. He is finally able to take "credit" for something and he's going to run it into the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Hardly a "huge shot at goff". Isn't Mac supposed to be up front and honest about everything? Wouldn't he just come out and say something rather than pussyfooting? I thought that was his thing?

I wouldn't call it pussyfooting. If you listen to the show regularly it was obvious what it was. It's not something Mac would normally say. Believe me, Jason and Laurence know what it was.