It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:11 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Finfer is the quintessential bench guy to me.

He's decent as a fill in. Funny enough to squeak by on some weekend shows, but he's not a 5 day a week guy.

He's too easily frustrated out of his refreshing comedic take on most everything

This is close to true. I personally find him nauseating as a host. It's partly his Kermit-like voice. He's better than that assbag Joe O with his ham-handed dramatic opinions. Maybe if Mac put in some mentor time with Finfer he could improve. But hasn't this guy been a sound dude for like 10 years? I would think if he had any talent either ESPN or the Score would have made him a full time host by now. Guys like Bernstein and Mac didn't serve 10 year apprenticeships. Mac was what about 5 years as Chet's producer? And that was when there were no other options for sports radio. I don't believe Bernstein was ever a producer or engineer. Just PR/announcer shit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Zizou wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Finfer is the quintessential bench guy to me.

He's decent as a fill in. Funny enough to squeak by on some weekend shows, but he's not a 5 day a week guy.

He's too easily frustrated out of his refreshing comedic take on most everything

This is close to true. I personally find him nauseating as a host. It's partly his Kermit-like voice. He's better than that assbag Joe O with his ham-handed dramatic opinions. Maybe if Mac put in some mentor time with Finfer he could improve. But hasn't this guy been a sound dude for like 10 years? I would think if he had any talent either ESPN or the Score would have made him a full time host by now. Guys like Bernstein and Mac didn't serve 10 year apprenticeships. Mac was what about 5 years as Chet's producer? And that was when there were no other options for sports radio. I don't believe Bernstein was ever a producer or engineer. Just PR/announcer shit.

+100?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Connies
Beardown, aren't you the one who created like 3 or 4 threads making sure each and every person in the world knew about this "controversy."

Beardown: Be my friend
Everyone who has ever been in contact with Beardown: No
Beardown: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Zizou wrote:
Guys like Bernstein and Mac didn't serve 10 year apprenticeships.

Yeah, but they got in the business when sports radio was relatively new. Hosts were slow, tiny, and white back then.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 pm 

That's true for Mac but if he wasn't talented he wouldn't be on the air now. The 'Stine came in when there two sports stations in Chicago and by the time he was Finfer's age he had his own regular show. Plus, he was known for being the Bears reporter before he got his own gig.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Forget all the controvesy surrounding this. I know you gossip girls will continue down that path. :roll: I'd like to get away from that and congratulate Ben on behalf of CSFMB in a formal thread.

Drinky, Goff and Larry: I would hope you guys would do the same. Bet you didn't even think to do so. I know you don't want to, but it's just the polite thing to do. He's just like you guys - a producer trying to make it. It's a big moment for him. You should appreciate that. Do it through gritted teeth, but you should do it. It won't take much time away from your plotting and scheming revenge. Just a quick "Way to go, Ben" during show transition would be enough. Not even on the air.

It's not every day you see a Jewish guy make it in sports radio. Wait, it's actually every day. Whatever. Congratulations, Ben!!!!

i have no idea what youre talking about, but it seems like you are cool with ben finfer. i listened to him one night with conner mcknight. they were both funny, but ben was making me laugh like mikey northy used to back in the 90's. fucking hilarious. then i heard him during the day and he was trying to be all larry with a y holmes and i thought he was much shittier.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Hosts were slow, tiny, and white back then.

exactly. so why did dan fucktard get his job? oh yea he said something nobody remembers after a homerun at a rockford nobuddycares game. you know whats real? asking god riley if he would cut his hair in a bet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:17 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Grilling, Feelings, Mackeyfisharoo reliving his high school football glory days again, fantasy talk coming up.....

RIVETING!!

Why does WSSP have to have commercial breaks? :(

I am sure they would be perfectly fine if you would lose the station on your AM only radio.

Up Yours KS

:bounce:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 am 

you wanna know something funny? The work beater car I drive (Olds Cutlass) has an AM only radio...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:38 am 

City of Fools wrote:
you wanna know something funny? The work beater car I drive (Olds Cutlass) has an AM only radio...

I could deal with that also. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I could deal with that also. :oops:

it has four (not two, not three) available presets: I do 670, 720, 780, and 1360!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

manbearpig wrote:
Beardown, aren't you the one who created like 3 or 4 threads making sure each and every person in the world knew about this "controversy."

Beardown: Be my friend
Everyone who has ever been in contact with Beardown: No
Beardown: :cry:

1. I've never tried to make friends with anybody here. Insult me if you must, but nobody here would agree with that one.

2. The world should know about this. All aspiring broadcasters should know about this. What happened here should be part of all "Broadcast Journalism" curriculums in every college in the country. It should be studied and learned from.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 pm 

The only time I ever hear this show is during transition, and it sounds just as bad as ever to me.............that said, I read about Finfer's "appointment" in the B&B area and dropped in to see what that meant. So he is now the guy to fill in the 200 days per year that one or the other is out? Yeesh.

Am I the only dude who thinks it sounds like that guy has "something" jammed in his mouth when he talks? When I've heard him, his thoughts are basic at best...but that voice. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

All of the Score's backups are bad. Most of them can't speak well. As a city, we have come to accept this. We don't have a choice. That's why it's so important for the bad backups to play nice with the full time hosts to get these gigs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Beardown wrote:
All of the Score's backups are bad.

Not true. Connor McKnight, Mike Esposito, Wayne Randazzo, and Mark Grote are all good backups.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Beardown wrote:
All of the Score's backups are bad.

Not true. Connor McKnight, Mike Esposito, Wayne Randazzo, and Mark Grote are all good backups.

Grote is the only entertaining one in that bunch. The other three are totally interchangable, middle of the road hosts.