It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
SHARK wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Did Hub just say Michael Vick is not an NFL quarterback?

lol

He also said the Eagles won't win a Super Bowl with Michael Vick at QB.

That's fine. But a guy who's spent the better part of three years talking up Chad Henne should probably slow his roll when it comes to putting guys out of the league.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Week 1 observations:

While I'm not a big fan of Matt Ryan, the Falcons new look no huddle air it out offense looked great Sunday. Ryan, Jones, White & Gonzo could put up huge numbers this year.

Same goes for the Ravens & Joe Flacco. It looked strange to see a team like the Ravens who have always been a ground & pound team, airing it out & running no huddle. I like it.

The Broncos & Peyton were much better than I expected. Sure Peyton has lost a couple of MPH off his fast ball, but damn he looked good & so did the Broncos.

Is this finally the year that the Cowboys realize their potential? They are loaded with talent & I think they put it together this year.

The Packers corner & safety play against the Niners was the worst I have seen in a long time. If Dom doesn't figure things out it could be a long year in Green Bay. As far as the running game goes, Benson is brutal, but I'm not sure that the best RB's in the league could gain yards on this team.

The Eagles are another underachieving team that is loaded with talent. Vick was brutal against the Browns. Andy Reid was just as bad, with Shady only running the ball 12 times. I have no idea how or why Andy Reid is still the head coach of this team.

I still don't buy into the Lions. I hope the Niners take them apart this week.

After week 1, the Harbaughs appear to have the best teams in the NFL & they could meet in the Super Bowl.

BEARSSS!!!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan