It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Year End Nominees
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
As I age,one year blends into the next...I can't make it stop!! :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
Im still going with beervendor as ROY. Dewskie isnt a rookie. Thats been clearly established.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Wow, have the standards fallen. I will be turning in my ROY award should beervendor win. Especially since I was recently re-informed that I had won such an award at one time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Im still going with beervendor as ROY. Dewskie isnt a rookie. Thats been clearly established.

Wow, have the standards fallen. I will be turning in my ROY award should beervendor win. Especially since I was recently re-informed that I had won such an award at one time.

If you got a problem with beervendor, you got a problem with yourself.

Besides, who else is even in consideration? Beervendor is running uncontested at the moment.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair runs away with Poster of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:15 pm 

312player wrote:
Curious Hair runs away with Poster of the year.

My money is on SHARK.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: salernos
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:18 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
The only other ones with a decent amount of posts are Sum1here and Kirkwood. Sum1here is a mult.

So it leaves vendor and kirkwood.

Either one are excellent choices.

I didn't realize kirkwood was a rookie.

Sorry vendor. Gotta swing my support towards the fellow cheesehead. I'm sure you understand.

Kirkwood is the new favorite for ROY.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Beervendor just got my vote for everything with that .gif. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I didn't realize kirkwood was a rookie.

Sorry vendor. Gotta swing my support towards the fellow cheesehead. I'm sure you understand.

Kirkwood is the new favorite for ROY.

Hey, if two cheeseheads want to have butt sex, i have no problem with it just keep me out of it, keep on keeping on FavreFan!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Fuck ThatGuy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:25 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
I don't know if I like you more or less after that statement. :|

You love me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
beervendor wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
I don't know if I like you more or less after that statement. :|

You love me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
For Poster of the Year, I'd probably nominate the following as of now:

Urlacher's Missing Neck
Curious Hair
Beardown
Douchebag
SHARK
Hawg Ass
SomeGuy

I've expanded my running list.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Post of the year shit right here:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=73190&start=100

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Like I said, I'm not really familiar with all the minutae of the negotiations. I'm sure to someone who teaches, salary and hours are what they're concerned about. I don't look at the strike in those terms. I see it as just one small battleground in a much larger war with a lot more at stake than a 4% raise for some teachers.

Whatever money is saved by beating the shit out of the teachers is not going back into your pocket. It will be going to the preferred corporate entities of the powers that be. I believe Republicans like to call such a thing "a redistribution of wealth."

Busting this union is just another step toward a modern version of feudalism where we are all serfs to our corporate lords and masters.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in the elite constantly preaching self-suficiency even as they make being self-sufficient more difficult by the day?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:00 pm 

I feel we will have the closest Pudwhack Poster of the Year(or whatever it was we called it) vote in the history of the board. Four strong contenders, that would otherwise be a lock in a normal year....

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:02 pm 

Name names.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:04 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Name names.

I've named them several times...

cgs, chas, mini ditka, ivan....

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Name names.

I've named them several times...

cgs, chas, mini ditka, ivan....

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm 

Mini Ditka
JimmyReardon's new moniker
cgs
Elmhurst Steve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:13 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mini Ditka
JimmyReardon's new moniker
cgs
Elmhurst Steve

Solid.

I'd still say cgs is the front runner of a strong class.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Keeping Score wrote:
FireFox
White/Proud
myself

could also be considered.

Keep FireFox out of the equation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Post of the Year:

sinicalypse wrote:
YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN..........and evidently glenn beck too.

i remember when his show on CNN headline news started and he was just ho-hum.... then he found his niche as a watered down right-wing alex jones and steadily ramped up the schtick until even fox was like ".....ok dude" which plays into his followers thinking that the man got him or he was speaking too much truth to be allowed on a major cable news network, so now he's got his little channel 212 outpost on one of the satellite providers, much like his jaggy less-conspiratoral but more-formal lefty counterpart keith olbermann got on libTV, aka current network.

all of these cable news channel talking heads are complete works.... the lefty guy "big ed" schultz was originally a big pudgy righty up in nebraska or north dakota or wherever he comes from.... then over time he basically realized there's a total niche to literally be the liberal/lefty rush limbaugh and he dove into it, giving some hanky panky story about "seeing the light" and changing over to the democratic side of things. in reality, it was just a shrewd business move as the success of conservative talk-radio and later tv punditry meant that the inevitable democratic/liberal/lefty antithesis was coming, so he went out and got ahead of it and now he's a fixture on MSNBC.

ah well, god bless you guys who buy into the watered down conservative alex jones thing..... does glenn preach about FEMA death camps and try to get everyone buying gold to circumvent the inevitable collapse of the financial system (speaking of, my grandfather suddenly thinks there's gonna be a depression next year because someone on the right side hit him with a talking point like WHERE DOES ALL THIS MONEY COME FROM?!!?) and get your emergency 30-60 days of freeze-dried food ready in your bunker.... get some guns to fight off the roaming bands of pirates.... the end is nigh! cross the rubicon like that one dude..... fuck whats his name? ah well he's another peak oil the end is near guy. whatever.

long story short, i love how in today's contemporary society people faction up and basically decide that they're "enlightened" thanks to continued patronage of one television/news/channel as opposed to another one, whereas everyone else is "sheeple"... and then if you wanna transcend the bipartesian system and "go further down the rabbit hole" you can always get around to fearing the new world order and/or the illuminati. THE END IS NIGH!!! QUOTE BIBLE SCRIPTURES!!!!

nevermind that the "old world order" wasn't necessarily utopia, and like, if the pope is infallible and god's bottom bitch on earth, why does he have to travel around in a bulletproof pope mobile? what does that say about his faith? shrug. i love to tell people that the "new world order" is basically already here as all of the things that people fear (surveilance/police state, loss of rights, super-giant disparity between the haves and the have-nots) have basically been here.... and like, yeah, all this "economic crisis" is your corporate masters basically taking more of their cut on the tail end of ~30 years of "reaganomics" aka supply side economics aka <cartman> IMMA DO WHAT I WANT</cartman> cuz like.... shit.... when you have a country that had a ton of native industry for however long basically shit on tariffs until the 1980s when they went from like 30% to 2% and all of a sudden these american factories producing things have to compete with third world/chinese factories who are selling their same product at the price it costs for an american factory to produce it in the first place, there is no competition all the jobs are gonna go away and then with less jobs and a generally downward trend of the remaining jobs being unskilled clerkdom, when people have less and less money en masse obviously the economy's gonna take a hit, but hey, we'll just blame it on a president (reaganomics/obamacare/etc) because, you know, THE PRESIDENT IS SO GODDAMN IMPORTANT AS HE'S THE ONE MAN WHO HAS DIRECT CONTROL OVER THE FATE OF YOUR LIFE!!!! lol.

when just about everyone bitched about bush when it was en vogue circa 03-08, i would tell them that the president is merely the (brand-recognizing) hood ornament on the car that's running you over. there's countless working parts, but since we live in a secularly tribal cults of personality (sports teams, political parties, etc, as your freedom in this contemporary world of ours is being free to choose between coke and pepsi, nike or adidas, etc) you have to have a president who you focus all of your feelings on to the point where i've got relatives running around saying that the only way to save the country is to get romney in office NOW. lol.

it's kind of like that one thread right b4 conan got on TBS where someone asked if conan was about to change television as we know it, cuz now that he's away from NBC and he's got more lax rules and guidelines and precedents over on TBS will he go out and absolutely go for the jugular and give us edgy/edge-of-your-seat captivating tv that pushes the boundaries and limits?!?! PFFT. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 HE'S JUST GONNA HAVE ANOTHER FUCKING HOLLYWOOD-SALADTOSSING LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW YOU TWITS!!!

so now with the monied people and their cult of wannabes coached up by the massmedia to personally blame obama for everything, we've got people thinking that we're gonna save the damn country by getting a guy with BUSINESS EXPERIENCE in there!!! hell yeah!! get a guy in there who lost the company money whilst lining his pockets via all kinds of outsourcing, and we're clearly gonna "save" this country... lol. everything's fine, its just that everything on television, especially the "news" and "politics" is nothing more than entertainment to keep you satiated living life vicariously through the chosen few, be they athletes beautiful or simply entertainers of some sort, because your life is going to get increasingly and increasingly more docile and homeward bound as the upper echelon of the monied continue their quest to usurp as much $$$ as they can from the middle class until there's basically just rich people and the working poor, but hey, it won't be all bad cuz as time goes on gizmos and gadgets will get cheaper and cheaper so you'll be able to have a slick smartphone, a cable/satellite tv with a bunch of channels, and of course as much alcohol/drugs as you want to wash it all down. big picture you'll lose a lot of financial flexibility relative to your grand/parents, but hey, who needs that? you've got a cool phone flashy clothes and readily available/affordable intoxicants so like the british prepared to tell people in the wake of a proper german invasion: keep calm and carry on. all of this stuff is a show, a spectacle.... etc.

and glenn beck, to get back to the OP, is just another ringleader in the circus the barnum and ringling brothers called the greatest show on earth..... or you can listen to aceyalone's song called "the greatest show on earth" on youtube to get an idea... that's all it is. so yeah, i gotta LOL at JR here or anyone who thinks glenn beck is a hero..... pfft. he's an entertainer, but the best part is that it masquerades as "information" or "news' or "the truth" but in reality.... everything on tv is a simulation there to PROGRAM YOU into adhering to societal norms, customs, and ideas. it's an electronic behaviorcontrol system and it works rather brilliantly, as you'll notice when you see people talking politics during election season. MY CHANNEL CAN BEAT UP YOUR CHANNEL. IT'S TRUTHIER THAN YOURS, STOP BEING ONE OF THE SHEEPLE AND TURN ON MY PREFERRED TALKING HEAD SO YOU CAN LEARN WHAT'S *REALLY* GOING ON. DUH.

strength in numbers; forever the #1 societal defense mechanism.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Just wanted to chime in that I appreciate all the nods for ROY (or comeback, or whatever else). I'm not sure if I deserve it since I've been MIA for awhile. I've been mired in moving into a new place while also getting rid of my old apartment, vacations, and managing 2 websites and 2 podcasts. Kind of worn me into the ground and haven't been as lively a participant in the CSFMB as I'd like as of late.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Dewskie wrote:
Just wanted to chime in that I appreciate all the nods for ROY (or comeback, or whatever else). I'm not sure if I deserve it since I've been MIA for awhile. I've been mired in moving into a new place while also getting rid of my old apartment, vacations, and managing 2 websites and 2 podcasts. Kind of worn me into the ground and haven't been as lively a participant in the CSFMB as I'd like as of late.

Your contributions can never be buried, Dewskie....well, unless BigFan deletes them.

We miss you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SomeGuy, just once...I'd like to hear you say something like that about me.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Poster of the year: RPB, BRick, DB, JORR.

Rookie of the year: Beervendor. Not sure if Dewskie is eligible or not.

edit: Pudwhack of the year: White And Proud, Jimmy Reardon and his mults, Firefox.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 am 

If beervendor wins "rookie" of the year, this should probably all stop.

What is it called when everybody knows a secret, even the person that secret is being kept from, yet everybody still openly talks about the secret as if it is a secret being kept from someone in particular?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 am 

spanky wrote:

What is it called when everybody knows a secret, even the person that secret is being kept from, yet everybody still openly talks about the secret as if it is a secret being kept from someone in particular?

A fantasy football league

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 am 

spanky wrote:

Who cares?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next